Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Using US Dividend Miles for NON-Oneworld Award Flights

Non-Oneworld Partner Award Chart: Here is the award chart for non-Oneworld partner award tickets using US Dividend Miles (PDF): Dividend Miles Partner Award Chart

Non OneWorld partners of US:

• HA - Hawaiian Airlines (inter-island and South Pacific flights only)
  • 9W - Jet Airways

--> Flights of these airlines can only be combined with US flights.
--> NO combination between these airlines and any AA flights or flights of OW partners!

Previous Non OneWorld carriers - not bookable anymore!
Print Wikipost

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: Hilton G/SPG G/IHG RA/Accor P/Aeroplan Elite/CZ S
Originally Posted by nicksname
Why don't you try YVR-TPE-HKG-TPE-YVR.

Shouldn't be an issue as this is pretty much as direct as you can go.
good idea, thank you! i'll try this tomorrow.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by cdegt
I'll fly CA from HKG via PEK, CA has a direct service from PEK to YVR.
Yes, that should work then.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Put an award on hold today and would appreciate feedback if anyone thinks this routing is not valid. Got to this point after speaking with three agents. One wasn't aware that there are partnerships between US and some *A carriers (Air China, TAP) but she figured it out. It's a North Asia with EU stopover on the way back:

1. MCO>PHL>FRA>PEK (US then CA)
(no stopover and all plane changes < 24 hours)
(final destination: PEK; length of stay 7 days)

2. PEK>MAD (CA nonstop)
(EU stopover: 20 days in MAD)

3. MAD>LIS>PHL>MCO (TP then US)

The only thing I could imagine someone might say is wrong with this is that either a) MAD is not CA's European gateway, or b) since it's going MAD>LIS, not MAD>PHL, I'm not stopping in one of US's European gateways). But I'd like to check if any of that reasoning seems valid.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by US DM membership guide
Stopovers: Travel outside the continental U.S., Canada and Alaska

You’re allowed one stopover per US Airways itinerary at a US Airways gateway or international destination, or in a partner hub city if you’re traveling on an award partner. US Airways hub/international gateway cities include Charlotte, Philadelphia and Phoenix. Call Reservations for additional US Airways international gateways and partner hub cities.
It does not say that you have to fly on US to the intl. destination... And US flies PHL-MAD... Should be ok.

MAD as IB partner Hub will not count as you're booking a non OW award and no mix of partners and OW are allowed... So assume same applies for the rest of the rules too...
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Hi Air Rarotonga - Thank you for the feedback. I ticketed it and there was no problem so that was great. Thanks again, MATT_DC
Old Apr 10, 2014, 11:47 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Can you connect in the same-city for stopover and destination? Not a gateway or hub though so maybe not possible....

Looking to do USA-IST-NIM(stop)-IST-NDJ(dest)-IST-USA
Old Apr 10, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Can you connect in the same-city for stopover and destination? Not a gateway or hub though so maybe not possible....

Looking to do USA-IST-NIM(stop)-IST-NDJ(dest)-IST-USA
No, this is very unlikely to work. NIM is very clearly not a valid stopover in this case.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:33 am

Is it possible to book Singapore airlines business class cabin intra-asia? I see on the post is say no long haul? Also is it possible to do a stopover in Singapore? Is the stopover only limited to the non-oneworld partner hubs?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by rsydney
Is it possible to book Singapore airlines business class cabin intra-asia? I see on the post is say no long haul? Also is it possible to do a stopover in Singapore? Is the stopover only limited to the non-oneworld partner hubs?
It is possible, but flights ops by 77W and 380 are blocked by US, even on intra Asia flights...

Stopover tecnically possible (it's a partner hub - as stated in the rules), but mind, there is no stopover allowed in a single zone award...
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by rsydney
I have booked SIN-BOM, etc, in I class, but this was before US Airways left *alliance. I however guess still doable as long as it not an A380 or 77W flight
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Is it possible to mix AA awards with, say, EVA using USDM? Considering US ~= AA right now.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by FlightWhite
Is it possible to mix AA awards with, say, EVA using USDM? Considering US ~= AA right now.
No. US+non-OW partners, or US+OW partners only. (AA is considered a OW partner for the purposes of award travel.)

US is most certainly NOT AA until such time as they quit issuing 037 tickets (US) and only issue 001 tickets (AA).
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:24 pm

US Airways can't see the seat from Jet Airways
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:41 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by jjjohn
US Airways can't see the seat from Jet Airways
I think this has probably been the case ever since Jet Airways was allegedly a US Airways partner!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Just wondering about award space on BR- is there ever a situation where one can see award space show up when searching from a Star partner (say, UA) but US can't see it? I'm trying to book SEA-TPE-PVG and twice the agent says they can see that SEA-TPE exists but that there's no space when UA's site shows two seats open for the dates I want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.