Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Using US Dividend Miles for NON-Oneworld Award Flights

Non-Oneworld Partner Award Chart: Here is the award chart for non-Oneworld partner award tickets using US Dividend Miles (PDF): Dividend Miles Partner Award Chart

Non OneWorld partners of US:

• HA - Hawaiian Airlines (inter-island and South Pacific flights only)
  • 9W - Jet Airways

--> Flights of these airlines can only be combined with US flights.
--> NO combination between these airlines and any AA flights or flights of OW partners!

Previous Non OneWorld carriers - not bookable anymore!
Print Wikipost

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: AS 100K
ugh!!! OW awards for US/Canada went up 25/50/65
Old May 12, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
ugh!!! OW awards for US/Canada went up 25/50/65
Yes... why copying the following post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22852559-post890.html

And by the way, your message is in the wrong thread...
Old May 19, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Ethiopian?

Over the weekend I saw a page on the US website listing the Star partners they're still working with. This page was not the PDF award travel chart that has partners listed on the top.

On this page (which I can't find now for the life of me) I remember see Ethiopian listed. I called US but they say Ethiopian is not a partner.

Does anyone know this page, or if Ethiopian is a partner?

Cheers
Old May 20, 2014, 9:58 pm

When will booking award seats with TK become available again?

Any idea when we can book with TK again? A supervisor I spoke to said that TK has still not loaded any award seats into the US Air system since they left Star Alliance, and they have been waiting months for them to do so.

I see availability using the KVS tool, but US Air can't book ANY Turkish seats at all.

Last edited by spideysense; May 20, 2014 at 10:18 pm
Old May 21, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Originally Posted by spideysense
Any idea when we can book with TK again? A supervisor I spoke to said that TK has still not loaded any award seats into the US Air system since they left Star Alliance, and they have been waiting months for them to do so.

I see availability using the KVS tool, but US Air can't book ANY Turkish seats at all.
Call again. I was able to book a TK ticket last month, after OW entry...
Old May 21, 2014, 9:23 am

Really? I tried calling 4 times yesterday.
Old May 21, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Originally Posted by spideysense
Really? I tried calling 4 times yesterday.
Yes, was able to book, and I've confirmed the ticket with TK...
Old May 23, 2014, 11:36 am

Did anyone have any experience change and award that involve EVA Air? If I wanted to change on segment the return segment to a flight on Turkish Airlines which is still a partner, can I do this without cancelling the outbound on EVA Air? So in other words change I change on segment on an award without cancelling out the other.
Old May 23, 2014, 12:52 pm

It's doable. Your challenge will be to find an agent that does not want to cancel the whole booking and start from scratch. In such a case hang up politely and call again until you get an agent that knows how to do it.
Old May 24, 2014, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
It's doable. Your challenge will be to find an agent that does not want to cancel the whole booking and start from scratch. In such a case hang up politely and call again until you get an agent that knows how to do it.
will this still be the case where it involves a ticket reissue and one of the airlines is no longer a partner?
Old May 24, 2014, 5:59 am

Yes. As long as all flight segments from the ex-partner still have the status OK and don't need to be changed... And US needs to still have a ticket agreement with this airline, what they likely keep at least 1 year over the cancellation of the partnership (if they don't keep it forever)... The issuing carrier is still responsable for their tickets in case of changes etc.

So theoretically and tecnically it has to work. I just see the problem by the agents, that they will refuse it, with the explication that BR is no longer a partner. But their segments won't be changed. They shall just do the same if any flights gets cancelled from one op airline. Then they also need to change this flight segment, rest keeps untouched... Guess this point is the challenging part
Old May 24, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by bluegreentravel
Yes, was able to book, and I've confirmed the ticket with TK...
Is it just me or has TK availability dried up considerably since US joined OW?
Old May 28, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: All of the Above
If wanting to get to Africa on US miles, I can see TK space from LHR to EBB via IST, but can't figure out how to either go C1-IST direct (no J space on any dates I've checked), or get to LHR on low J award. Any suggestions? Wanting to also use SA on a connection returning to C1, so have to stick to non-OW carriers.
Old May 28, 2014, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by DavidAL
If wanting to get to Africa on US miles, I can see TK space from LHR to EBB via IST, but can't figure out how to either go C1-IST direct (no J space on any dates I've checked), or get to LHR on low J award. Any suggestions? Wanting to also use SA on a connection returning to C1, so have to stick to non-OW carriers.
C1?
Old May 28, 2014, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
C1?
Apparently they think it's the AV forum and need sekrit coad wurds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.