Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Using US Dividend Miles for NON-Oneworld Award Flights

Non-Oneworld Partner Award Chart: Here is the award chart for non-Oneworld partner award tickets using US Dividend Miles (PDF): Dividend Miles Partner Award Chart

Non OneWorld partners of US:

• HA - Hawaiian Airlines (inter-island and South Pacific flights only)
  • 9W - Jet Airways

--> Flights of these airlines can only be combined with US flights.
--> NO combination between these airlines and any AA flights or flights of OW partners!

Previous Non OneWorld carriers - not bookable anymore!
Print Wikipost

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by GraceC
I'm trying to use non-oneworld partners to get to Mexico, and the only way seems to use NZ (which I think is code-shared with DL or UA). Does anyone know if using NZ code but some other metal is allowed?

Or know of other ways of using non-oneworld partners to Mexico or the Caribbean?

(I searched this thread for "metal" and "mexico" and "caribbean" but got nowhere)
NZ isn't a partner anymore as of recently so you wouldn't be able to book them, even if you found a codeshare that they had their own award inventory on. Why the need for non-OW partners? US has a lot of routes of their own to the Caribbean on top of AA's.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:50 am

Hello guys. I have a schedule change on my flight on Eva Air and Singapore flight on the return segment. Its a small change on the sinagapore segment which is stilll a partner until 7/31. The reason I am asking is that I wanted to change the return segment to a turkish airlines flight. I was told by a US air rep last week that they can't change because they can't reissue ticket with Eva air because they are not in their system anymore. But i just wanted to change the return segment not the outbound on eva air. do anyone have similar experience or what the agent is saying is correct? I look for other alternatives but no available on my outbound(oneworld or non-oneworld)
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by rsydney
I was told by a US air rep last week that they can't change because they can't reissue ticket with Eva air because they are not in their system anymore.
The agent is incorrect. I had a ticket reissued just recently following schedule change with sectors on NH, UA and TG...none of them are continuing partners.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:02 am

Did you just reissue or did you change dates/carriers?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:10 am

Did you just reissue or did you change dates/carriers?
I had a date change on an Air China segment, but no changes to the other non partners. But you don't want to change the BR segment, right?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:14 am

Well I wanted to change the return segment on BR.

Outbound
AMS - BKK(BR) Oct 16
BKK - MNL (SQ) Oct 17

Return
MNL - BKK (SQ) Oct 27(Schedule change 20 mins)
BKK - AMS(BR) Oct 28

Proposed change on Return
MNL - BKK (SQ) Oct 25
BKK - AMS (TK) Nov 3 (choose TK because BR not a partner anymore)

I check availability on the return already. I dont mind paying $150 as long as I can keep the outbound. because I cannot find space on TK.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Well I wanted to change the return segment on BR.
HUACA !
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
HUACA !
what is HUACA?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I had a date change on an Air China segment, but no changes to the other non partners.
you got a new ticket number? or was a revalidation?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
you got a new ticket number? or was a revalidation?
New ticket number.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
what is HUACA?
FlyerTalk Forums - Glossary
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, LUS DM CP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Emerald Exec
Final Chance to book TK using US Miles

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I was trying to figure out how to get to europe with US airways and avoiding BA's YQ... finally I remembered that US still partnered with TK... so I managed to book the following....

DCA-BOS-IST-VIE
PRG-IST-IAD

All in C. $119 taxes + $50 fees....

FDW
I did the same DCA-BOS-IST-EDI for next June R/T; I had burned most of my miles on LH and TK over the prior year anticipating the exit from Star but still had enough for one more run to Europe and found TK J awards from BOS (new route for TK since May 2014) Having just flown them last month to HKG via IST from BOS, I was pleased with the hard and soft product and had no issue booking again - yes, it's sort of the long way to EDI, but we'll overnight both ways in IST and enjoy a taste of Turkey along with the Scottish experience.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:31 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by radiotvlaw
I did the same DCA-BOS-IST-EDI for next June R/T; I had burned most of my miles on LH and TK over the prior year anticipating the exit from Star but still had enough for one more run to Europe and found TK J awards from BOS (new route for TK since May 2014) Having just flown them last month to HKG via IST from BOS, I was pleased with the hard and soft product and had no issue booking again - yes, it's sort of the long way to EDI, but we'll overnight both ways in IST and enjoy a taste of Turkey along with the Scottish experience.
Will your flights overnighting in Turkey qualify for the free hotel program? I am pretty sure that our overnight on the way back in Prague will...

FDW
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LUS DM CP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Emerald Exec
Yes, actually both ways we will get overnight room in IST. Last month we had the opportunity to use that feature on the way to HKG, but opted to shower and stay at the IST Lounge (which was a good option), except I ate way too many Turkish snacks (great lounge, not the 1st Class Lounge in Frankfurt, but still a great place).

Last edited by radiotvlaw; Jul 27, 2014 at 6:44 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Haven't seen this addressed at all.

As SQ is now a partner airline and not *A for award bookings is MI now open for inclusion wihtin an itin?

I'm guessing no but perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.