Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Using US Dividend Miles for NON-Oneworld Award Flights

Non-Oneworld Partner Award Chart: Here is the award chart for non-Oneworld partner award tickets using US Dividend Miles (PDF): Dividend Miles Partner Award Chart

Non OneWorld partners of US:

• HA - Hawaiian Airlines (inter-island and South Pacific flights only)
  • 9W - Jet Airways

--> Flights of these airlines can only be combined with US flights.
--> NO combination between these airlines and any AA flights or flights of OW partners!

Previous Non OneWorld carriers - not bookable anymore!
Print Wikipost

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 4:54 pm

thanks! Is 1 stop over+1 open jaw allowed?

Then this can be redeemed with either US or UA miels.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by YiFeng Hu
No. One stop over OR one open jaw.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by YiFeng Hu

Then this can be redeemed with either US or UA miels.
Potentially, yes. It could also be redeemed as a oneworld partner award on US, for example:

LAX-NRT(JL or AA)-KUL-DPS(MH)-HKG-CTU(CX) or WUH(KA)-HKG-LAX(CX).
Old May 2, 2014, 10:06 am

I read the comments here that non-oneworld partners cannot be mixed with oneworld partners on an award.

However if I pay for the 2 separate awards can they be put in one PNR? For example an IB flight and an A3 flight. Has anyone tried this? My guess is even that is not allowed, but it would be nice to protect me from a missed connection. Thanks.
Old May 2, 2014, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrgg
I read the comments here that non-oneworld partners cannot be mixed with oneworld partners on an award.

However if I pay for the 2 separate awards can they be put in one PNR? For example an IB flight and an A3 flight. Has anyone tried this? My guess is even that is not allowed, but it would be nice to protect me from a missed connection. Thanks.
How is having one PNR and two tickets going to protect you from a missed connection, especially if you're flying two different airlines in two different alliances, where they might not have systems that talk to each other?

Keep in mind that a US PNR =! OAL PNR, what counts is the ticket (and separate award=separate ticket on 037 ticket stock). I have booked tickets on US before. There's always a separate PNR for other airlines that I use to get the seat reservation, etc...
Old May 2, 2014, 2:44 pm

Sorry. I meant to write "one ticket" not "one PNR." I guess maybe this won't work. (I do know IB/A3 at least had an interline agreement the last time I flew this a few years ago, just nothing about ticketing agreements.)

Last edited by rrgg; May 2, 2014 at 3:49 pm
Old May 2, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
How is having one PNR and two tickets going to protect you from a missed connection, especially if you're flying two different airlines in two different alliances, where they might not have systems that talk to each other?
Practically all the airlines (a few small regional LCCs excepted) "talk" to each other and have baggage interline agreements with each other, being in the same "alliance" or not is by no means a requirement. You can easily have one ticket with SkyTeam, Star Alliance, One World and "non-alliance" airline flights, and they will all see it and honour it accordingly (as is typical, each airline will normally only see the flight immediately preceeding its own and not the earlier ones).
Old May 2, 2014, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrgg
Sorry. I meant to write "one ticket" not "one PNR." I guess maybe this won't work. (I do know IB/A3 at least had an interline agreement the last time I flew this a few years ago, just nothing about ticketing agreements.)
Awards and tickets map 1-1- two awards = two separate tickets. US is not allowing OW partners and non-OW partners to mix on the same ticket. Thus you can book two awards, but you will not be protected since they will be two tickets. Finis.

Originally Posted by RealHJ
Practically all the airlines (a few small regional LCCs excepted) "talk" to each other and have baggage interline agreements with each other, being in the same "alliance" or not is by no means a requirement. You can easily have one ticket with SkyTeam, Star Alliance, One World and "non-alliance" airline flights, and they will all see it and honour it accordingly (as is typical, each airline will normally only see the flight immediately preceeding its own and not the earlier ones).
Right, but two awards, one PNR = two tickets (for instance, two awards out of same account, same flights, two different people = one PNR, two tickets). I'm not talking about one ticket that goes across multiple airlines. If you have a US award for A3, you won't be protected if you show up late for your IB flight on a second award, because it will be on a separate ticket.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; May 2, 2014 at 5:26 pm
Old May 2, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Right, but two awards, one PNR = two tickets (for instance, two awards out of same account, same flights, two different people = one PNR, two tickets). I'm not talking about one ticket that goes across multiple airlines. If you have a US award for A3, you won't be protected if you show up late for your IB flight on a second award, because it will be on a separate ticket.
You are, of course, correct. I must have misread what you meant. I just never thought that one PNR can refer to two tickets (in fact, I am pretty sure it can't, other than to multiple tickets on the same itinerary where it's 2 or 3 sequential ticket #s if it's >4 or >8 flights, respectively, or if the tickets have been reissued on it). So, I was assuming one PNR = one ticket, or, to be fully correct, one set of tickets, keeping in mind that max 4 flights per ticket #, so if more than 4 flights, it's actually two tickets, if more than 8, it's actually 3.

While I may be wrong, I am quite certain that PNRs are automatically generated and that one cannot combine multiple itineraries (separate tickets or sets of tickets) on one PNR... at least, not natively, may be one "master" PNR that links to the other two "real" PNRs? But that is just pure speculation. (But, would a US res. agent know how to do that, if so is actually possible? Almost surely not, I'd say.)
Old May 3, 2014, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is US pretty strict about making connections in another zone? I am going Nagoya-Bishkek (all North Asia), but the connection has to be in Istanbul (Europe)...wonder how strict they are with that.
Old May 3, 2014, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is US pretty strict about making connections in another zone? I am going Nagoya-Bishkek (all North Asia), but the connection has to be in Istanbul (Europe)...wonder how strict they are with that.
If this is in response to your other post, that award cannot be booked (no mixing non-OW/OW partners).

That being said... S7 is a OW member. So Nagoya-Bishkek might be possible on an all-OW itinerary.
Old May 3, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
If this is in response to your other post, that award cannot be booked (no mixing non-OW/OW partners).

That being said... S7 is a OW member. So Nagoya-Bishkek might be possible on an all-OW itinerary.
I booked ticket to Bishkek via IST before from HKG/NRT.
but it is a matter of luck.
Old May 3, 2014, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pbd456
I booked ticket to Bishkek via IST before from HKG/NRT.
but it is a matter of luck.
Was this prior to or post the 3/31 switch?

I still think an S7 connection might be... interesting. S7 serves FRA, you know.
Old May 6, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: AA P; Marriott G; Hertz 5*; Club Carlson G; IHG P;
I'm looking to book a RT stopover on Aegean and skipping the return leg. I couldn't find a wiki on where to search availability. Could someone point me in the right direction?
Old May 6, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fenix8o0
I'm looking to book a RT stopover on Aegean and skipping the return leg. I couldn't find a wiki on where to search availability. Could someone point me in the right direction?
Use the NH site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.