Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Using US Dividend Miles for NON-Oneworld Award Flights

Non-Oneworld Partner Award Chart: Here is the award chart for non-Oneworld partner award tickets using US Dividend Miles (PDF): Dividend Miles Partner Award Chart

Non OneWorld partners of US:

• HA - Hawaiian Airlines (inter-island and South Pacific flights only)
  • 9W - Jet Airways

--> Flights of these airlines can only be combined with US flights.
--> NO combination between these airlines and any AA flights or flights of OW partners!

Previous Non OneWorld carriers - not bookable anymore!
Print Wikipost

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by synd
Turkish airlines award avaibility to its partner dried out a couple years ago, i think when they killed around the same time they pulled out their First Class. Ever since I have found that C space released to partners has been very little if any especially on the Long haul routes.
That's very relevant data. Thank you. It must have been longer than I realized since I last searched for Turkish C space.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Using US miles on TAP

Can this be done on line or do you have to call? What are the fees that would be incurred?
Also, does TAP only fly out of EWR?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by mzredhead
Can this be done on line or do you have to call? What are the fees that would be incurred?
Also, does TAP only fly out of EWR?
you need to call USDM for partner bookings.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Considering booking a trip to Nepal with my wife. Would use US airways for myself and United for her ticket. Therefore, we need overlapping carriers, i.e., the non-oneworld partners discussed here.

Easy to book in Y on TK, but C is pretty tough since NYC -> IST in C is basically non-existent. I was able to piece together an itinerary on ANA:

EWR -> LIS -> IST -> KTM, all in C, using TAP and TK. I think this should be bookable, certainly the carriers are. Would a roundtrip itinerary be compatible with US airways' rules (2 stops?)
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AirD0c
Considering booking a trip to Nepal with my wife. Would use US airways for myself and United for her ticket. Therefore, we need overlapping carriers, i.e., the non-oneworld partners discussed here.

Easy to book in Y on TK, but C is pretty tough since NYC -> IST in C is basically non-existent. I was able to piece together an itinerary on ANA:

EWR -> LIS -> IST -> KTM, all in C, using TAP and TK. I think this should be bookable, certainly the carriers are. Would a roundtrip itinerary be compatible with US airways' rules (2 stops?)
USDM allows one stopover and your destination. two stopovers are not permitted.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
USDM allows one stopover and your destination. two stopovers are not permitted.
Ah, bummer.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your question is unclear - do you mean 1 destination and 1 stopover, or you mean 1 destination and 2 stopovers?

You can have 2 "stops" on the roundtrip itinerary - one of such stop is your DESTINATION, and the other one is an en-route stopover where you have longer than 24 hours before you catch another flight.

When you are talking about "2 stops", it confuses everyone as to what you are asking.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Happy
Your question is unclear - do you mean 1 destination and 1 stopover, or you mean 1 destination and 2 stopovers?

You can have 2 "stops" on the roundtrip itinerary - one of such stop is your DESTINATION, and the other one is an en-route stopover where you have longer than 24 hours before you catch another flight.

When you are talking about "2 stops", it confuses everyone as to what you are asking.
Sorry for the confusion, I really just mean 1 destination, with 2 stops to get there (LIS, IST), that would be brief (2-4 hours each).
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry for the confusion, I really just mean 1 destination, with 2 stops to get there (LIS, IST), that would be brief (2-4 hours each).
that is different again

a stop is defined as being at a place for more than 24 hours. otherwise it is just a transit.

you can have two (or more) transits on an itinerary.... that's no problem.

so to sum up, on any ticket:

- one stopover (more than 24 hours) - that can be either on the outbound or return, the choice is yours
- one destination
- multiple transits (connecting points)... as long as they are under 24 hours (in your case LIS, IST are just transits)
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The LIS and IST are not "stops", they are "connections" or "layovers" as they are under 24 hours.

There are limitation on how many segments one can do on each direction, I believe it is 5. A segment is between 2 airports.

When you call to book, make sure you do not use the confusing words as you would throw the agent off.

The commonly used terminology is, Destination, Stopover (> 24 hours), and Connection (or Transit, or Layover - < 24 hours).

Better yet, politely ask the agent if s/he does not mind that you would give her/him the date, City pair, airline, departure time and then just feed the agent the itinerary you have already mapped out and have found award seats (using BA site to do your research), and the whole process would be much quicker.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:49 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I know this is the wrong forum, but have you tried PHL-DOH-KTM?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
I know this is the wrong forum, but have you tried PHL-DOH-KTM?
Problem is I'm using UA for my wife's ticket. I assume that route would be using Qatar, which is not a partner of UA...
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Problem is I'm using UA for my wife's ticket. I assume that route would be using Qatar, which is not a partner of UA...
You know TAP has a very poor business class product, recliner seat only while QR's is much better...

May be you should go on the UA award and let your wife go on US award flying QR - better product and less connection. As long as you both arrive KTM on same day, what difference does it make given both are grown ups?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:20 pm

IS it possible to fly lax-dps (Bali, Indonesia for stop over) -Wuh(China) -CTU (China) -lax using US miles?

It seems that Singapore Airline doesn't release business class for award tickets.

Either mid June till early July or mid May till early June.

Or I'd better use UA miles for *A tickets? thanks
Old Apr 30, 2014, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by YiFeng Hu
IS it possible to fly lax-dps (Bali, Indonesia for stop over) -Wuh(China) -CTU (China) -lax using US miles?

It seems that Singapore Airline doesn't release business class for award tickets.

Either mid June till early July or mid May till early June.

Or I'd better use UA miles for *A tickets? thanks
DPS is not an en-route stopover to China (significant backtracking). A destination in China would be the stopover en-route to DPS.

You get ONE stopover on US, so pick either WUH or CTU.

CA (Air China) would be your best option if you do not want to use oneworld airlines. SIN-DPS on SQ is actually not a difficult route to get, as SQ flies it on their older regional aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.