Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2010, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anbhc
Anyone's Magazines for Miles posted yet? I redeem for Woman's Day @ 300 miles which was the cheapest on 9/1 and still no miles deducted from my account. Maybe I should choose a different magazine.
Yup:

9/3/2010 09/09/10 MAGAZINES FOR MILES REDEMPTION -400
Old Sep 27, 2010, 4:26 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Anyone's Magazines for Miles posted yet? I redeem for Woman's Day @ 300 miles which was the cheapest on 9/1 and still no miles deducted from my account. Maybe I should choose a different magazine.
I ordered on 9/2 and the miles deduction posted on 9/9. You can look up your order status on the Magazines for Miles web site.

FWIW, when I checked my order there, it said the subscription would start in December, but I have already received the first issue.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
I rented 3 cars from Hertz @ BWI for $20 a/i, drove out the exit, drove back in the return (less than 1/4 mile), they notated that I drove 2 miles & gave me a $0.28 fuel & service charge. Double You-T-F?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 4:43 pm

CHF 30 coupon for Hertz (valid in Switzerland only)

For people in Switzerland doing the Grand Slam (there might be more people than just Zurich Flyer and me), Hertz has a CHF 30 coupon valid on one rental. Taking into account that the cheapest rental you can get in here is at minimum CHF 50, it's an easy hit:

http://www.hertz-win.ch/check.aspx?stat=3598&lang=de
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by borkjr
Zurich Flyer was kind enough to send me 1 SPG point on 9/22, that point posted today. Not as fast as my Marriott transfer, but still pretty quick.

9/22/2010 09/27/10 CONVERSION: SPG POINTS TO MILES 1
9/23/2010 09/24/10 CONVERSION: MARRIOTT REWARDS 2,000
Was that done through points.com?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by poptarts
Was that done through points.com?
no, was done from hotel accounts into dm accounts
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by cjzhang2000
Does anyone have experience with ChronoMed, ordering anything from their site, getting DM miles? I am thinking to place an order, but not an 1 year committment.
Thanks,
Ordered the "Frequent Flyer Support Pack" at $29.95 (I don't recall the shipping cost if any) as a one-time purchase by following the links from the US Airways web site. Received 1,000 DM miles which have posted to my US account.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyer
Ordered the "Frequent Flyer Support Pack" at $29.95 (I don't recall the shipping cost if any) as a one-time purchase by following the links from the US Airways web site. Received 1,000 DM miles which have posted to my US account.
Don't count on it working too well, started taking them 3 weeks ago & just got back from OSL w/ a nasty head cold.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Got my wipes today from the Wireless store. Let's see when the transaction posts...
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA
Originally Posted by rxralph
If your DM# is composed of numerals and digits, add 4 zeros to the front.

ralph
Thanks for the tip. That fixed the DM# issue, but this morning, I was still getting error messages concerning my card. Finally got a transaction to go through tonight though!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:09 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
So. I went to the dividend miles shopping mall and then Kmart from there,
and ordered $5 gift certificate.
two questions, it never asked for my dividend miles number, i suppose it is because of cookies. also, it should count as a hit, right?

another questions, i received a complimentary spg gold status. how do i use it for dinning credits? i understand that i need to spend 34 dollars in order for it to count as a hit. does the 34 dollars including tip? or before tip?
i have logon to my spg account and change my prefernece from DL to US. is there more i need to do?

(never stayed at spg before, this is all new terrority for me.)
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:23 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by UNHBuzzard
I rented 3 cars from Hertz @ BWI for $20 a/i, drove out the exit, drove back in the return (less than 1/4 mile), they notated that I drove 2 miles & gave me a $0.28 fuel & service charge. Double You-T-F?
did u have one-day rental when u reserve?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by pbd456
two questions, it never asked for my dividend miles number, i suppose it is because of cookies. also, it should count as a hit, right?

another questions, i received a complimentary spg gold status. how do i use it for dinning credits? i understand that i need to spend 34 dollars in order for it to count as a hit. does the 34 dollars including tip? or before tip?
i have logon to my spg account and change my prefernece from DL to US. is there more i need to do?

(never stayed at spg before, this is all new terrority for me.)
34 is before tax and tip. Hang on to your receipt and email/fax it over to SPG asking for starpoints for the meal.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
DM Shopping Mall has a place to enter your Dividend Miles account number before you select the individual merchant. If you entered there, you should get miles that count for a hit (as long as the item qualifies for miles - some gift cards/certificates may not qualify). Individual merchants (such as Kmart) typically don't request your DM number.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:46 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Gold
9/7/2010 09/16/10 MAGAZINES FOR MILES REDEMPTION -1,200

I decided to go for Barron's and I received my first issue today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.