Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Update 08APR2014: Star Alliance Awards must have been booked by March 30, 2014. They are no longer available through US. This thread is mostly useful for historic purposes, and discussing issues such as schedule changes/route changes that affect FTers existing *A awards booked before 3/31/2014.

Discussion on using US miles to book oneworld awards is available here.

If you are looking for discussion on US's new partner awards that use various partners not in oneworld (many of whom are former *A partners), see the devoted thread on using US miles to book NON-oneworld partners here.

------------------------

Update 07JAN14: American Airlines award tickets bookable online on usairways.com or through reservation.

• Award travel must be wholly on American Airlines or a combination of American Airlines and US Airways.
  • American Airlines awards cannot be combined with any of our current partner.
  • American Airlines award travel chart (PDF)

Please see the devoted thread on using US miles to book AA here.
Print Wikipost

Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891
Is US really blocking LH seats both intra-Europe and long-haul? I have a very simple one stop itinerary and can't book any of the LH segments. I've called several agents and none can see the seat. In economy or business.
Check the sticky at the top of this thread or any of the last 20 pages.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:27 am

try 05/13 ICN-YVR AC064, ANA only show 2 business seats, but United and Aeroplan all show 3+ busi seats, who should I believe?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by ecgz88
try 05/13 ICN-YVR AC064, ANA only show 2 business seats, but United and Aeroplan all show 3+ busi seats, who should I believe?
As you post this question in this forum, you have to trust to US. It's very likely they see nothing
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
SA awards from US?

I have along itin with a leg JNB-LOS, mostly on South African.

My problem is the JNB-LOS leg shows up as available as a biz saver on the UA award search tool, but the US agents say only coach saver is available.

I've called back a couple of times, same story.

Is this something I should escalate or is US unable to access all of SA's awards?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:56 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Originally Posted by nor4
My problem is the JNB-LOS leg shows up as available as a biz saver on the UA award search tool, but the US agents say only coach saver is available.
What's the Flight #/Date?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:17 pm

[QUOTE=KVS;21766683]What's the Flight #/Date

2/6/14 JNB-LOS SA60 2:20pm-7:35pm

UA shows biz saver space (I need one seat) but US said only coach saver was available, and booked me in that. I have not seen coach save whenever I looked so perhaps the agent confused the class?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:31 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by nor4
2/6/14 JNB-LOS SA60 2:20pm-7:35pm

UA shows biz saver space (I need one seat) but US said only coach saver was available, and booked me in that. I have not seen coach save whenever I looked so perhaps the agent confused the class?
There are definitely 2+ C Award Seats currently available on that flight.

For tips on dealing with Agents, who may claim otherwise, please see http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AgentSaysNo

[KVS Availability Tool 7.3.1/Diamond - Awards/StarAlliance/JP-ANA-SP1]
Code:
JNB  Johannesburg Metro / OR Tambo Intl ZA = JNB HLA [FAJS]
LOS  Lagos Murtala Muhammed NG [DNMM]
THU  06 Feb 2014 | 2 Seats

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------
SA         60      JNB   14:20     LOS   19:35     346  0   FS/  CS+  YS+
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
There are definitely 2+ C Award Seats currently available on that flight.

For tips on dealing with Agents, who may claim otherwise, please see http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AgentSaysNo

[KVS Availability Tool 7.3.1/Diamond - Awards/StarAlliance/JP-ANA-SP1]
Code:
JNB  Johannesburg Metro / OR Tambo Intl ZA = JNB HLA [FAJS]
LOS  Lagos Murtala Muhammed NG [DNMM]
THU  06 Feb 2014 | 2 Seats

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------
SA         60      JNB   14:20     LOS   19:35     346  0   FS/  CS+  YS+
Thanks for the help. I'll give your "tips" a shot. Now I know there ARE seats I know I can push a bit.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by gwar69
Check the sticky at the top of this thread or any of the last 20 pages.
Didn't see the sticky. Last time I checked the thread the issue was only appearing for intra-European flights. Frustrating to see it's affecting most LH flights now
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:51 pm

Q: how to check TG flights

Hubby is flying with TG this weekend - using USDM. I checked his flights in US website and they looked OK. In the past, I was able to check his flights in TG website (via F meal order). But, today I have tried several times and it kept saying the service not available, please try again. Does this mean that TG website is down for this particular function, and I should try again tomorrow? Also, is there another way of checking the flights based on TG's reservation code provided by US?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by A1pax
Hubby is flying with TG this weekend - using USDM. I checked his flights in US website and they looked OK. In the past, I was able to check his flights in TG website (via F meal order). But, today I have tried several times and it kept saying the service not available, please try again. Does this mean that TG website is down for this particular function, and I should try again tomorrow? Also, is there another way of checking the flights based on TG's reservation code provided by US?

Thanks in advance.
Tg has moved to Amadeus. You can either call them or US to get the "1A" PNR.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
hi... hoping for some advice from the experts.

have 2 award seats on 31 march CAI-BKK on the MS960.

wanted to buy a third revenue ticket, but the flight does not display on the MS website and flightstats is showing it zero'd out across all classes (odd for a 77W to be sold out this far in advance, even in premium)

thoughts? do I need to make alternative arrangements for the two award seats?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Tg has moved to Amadeus. You can either call them or US to get the "1A" PNR.
Thanks, PVDtoDEL. I have just read in hackmytrip.com about the same info (TG moved to Amadeus). I will phone both US and TG to ask for the new res code.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I got pretty much what I wanted, only had to change the connection to FCO instead of GVA for the PEK flight.

BNE-BKK TG (pleasant surprise-777-300ER!)
BKK-IST-TLV TK (doesn't do seats until roughly 3 months ahead)
open jaw
BCN-ZRH-FCO LX
FCO-PEK CA (12 hour layover for quick city visit)
PEK-SIN-BNE SQ

All in business, all flights confirmed ticket # rcvd by operating carrier, seats done except TK.

I can confirm that they are unable to see available seats on LH, I tried with 3 different CSRs. Thankfully they can see LX!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:07 pm

anyone know how to get through IVR quickly, it's really annoying

again, rep are unable to see available seats on LH, will try my luck in Wednesday

book YVR-LHR(STOP)-IST-PVG-YVR for $265+$50 fee, is it seems right? rep told me can hold 68 hours

Last edited by ecgz88; Nov 11, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.