Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Again for Nov & Dec: Buy/Gift/Share miles, receive 100% bonus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: SPG gold, US Airways, UAL, Marriott, BA
I believe that any one account can only get a maximum of 50k bonus miles from each of the 3 catagories.
Gift = 50k bonus
Buy = 50k bonus
Share = 50k bonus
It doesn't matter how many members are involved in the transactions. Bottom line is no more than 150k in bonus miles.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:51 am
HCA

Originally Posted by MichaelColey
1) 10k from my wife to each of my kids (getting them over 50k)
2) 50k from my wife and each of my kids to me, increasing my balance by 300k.
bonuses?
1. I am interested the same question to see if the transfer bonus is really limit to the one who transfer "out".
[Edit: The term and condition is not clear, to me it reads as limit the one who transfer "out" but not limit the one who transfer "in".]

2. If you do 1), your wife can't transfer 50k to you in 2).

Last edited by HCA; Nov 10, 2009 at 1:52 pm
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:51 pm

Has anyone successfully shared (and received bonuses for) more than 50k from multiple senders to one recipient?
Someone has reported that it cannot be done, unfortunately.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Has anyone successfully shared (and received bonuses for) more than 50k from multiple senders to one recipient?
Originally Posted by aurigakb
Someone has reported that it cannot be done, unfortunately.
I missed that. I can confirm it now as well. A recipient can only receive a total of 50k in bonuses from shared miles, no matter how many senders.

I guess I'll have to be content with moving 50k from my wife's account to get an extra 100k in mine.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 1:15 am

Programs: TK elite & BA Gold
I missed that. I can confirm it now as well. A recipient can only receive a total of 50k in bonuses from shared miles, no matter how many senders.

I guess I'll have to be content with moving 50k from my wife's account to get an extra 100k in mine.
So what?
Recieving 100k is not a problem i suppose?
So giving away 50, recieving 50 and the limited 50 in bonus, correct?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 1:28 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I have 200K miles I want to share with my 4 family members, 50k each. This is a case with one sender/multiple recipients. Will all my family members receive 50k bonus miles? Will the transferred miles can be returned back to my account? I understand one account can receive upto 50k bonus.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by kats
I have 200K miles I want to share with my 4 family members, 50k each. This is a case with one sender/multiple recipients. Will all my family members receive 50k bonus miles? Will the transferred miles can be returned back to my account? I understand one account can receive upto 50k bonus.
Yes, they should all receive their 50K bonus.

Transferring miles back to your account will cost, and you will be limited to receiving the 50K bonus once.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 1:11 pm
HCA

Originally Posted by aurigakb
Yes, they should all receive their 50K bonus.

Transferring miles back to your account will cost, and you will be limited to receiving the 50K bonus once.
I want to confirm for this before my transaction because I hope there is no 50k "transfer out" limit for bonus. Had anyone transfer 50k A -> B, 50k A -> C, and both B and C get 50k bonus? (or whatever the total bonus amount is > 50k but from the same account A)
Old Nov 14, 2009, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
100,000 miles for about $1500

US is offering a 100% bonus on buying miles. This comes out to about 66 miles per dollar. Not a bad deal at all!
Old Nov 14, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
I purchased some miles 11 hours ago (50k) and they have still to appear in the account.

It says all purchases will be confirmed within 4 hours. Has something gone tits up here? Do I need to contact anyone
Old Nov 15, 2009, 1:22 am
HCA

Originally Posted by Boddingtons
I purchased some miles 11 hours ago (50k) and they have still to appear in the account.

It says all purchases will be confirmed within 4 hours. Has something gone tits up here? Do I need to contact anyone
You may want to call. The points should appear right away.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
or they give at least a decent grace period where I can book at the lower rates. .
Yeah right
Just like NWA did with Worldperks and Delta did with sky miles and AA did with One way awards ( no stopovers)

C'com do you really think there would ever be a decent race period, If any grace period at all?
Old Nov 15, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by writetorich
Yeah right
Just like NWA did with Worldperks and Delta did with sky miles and AA did with One way awards ( no stopovers)

C'com do you really think there would ever be a decent race period, If any grace period at all?
UA gave a grace period when they changed their award structure, I believe. US is giving a grace period on GoAwards of nearly 2 months. They gave a grace period when they jacked up the award booking / cancel / redeposit fees in summer 2008.

OT, but AA one way is a beautiful thing. Can't please everyone, I realize. Some would rather make the complex bookings with stopovers but I'd love it if US would allow one way for half the miles. I'd need UA to do the same though, to burn the wife's miles. As it is, with my AA miles I'll book one way with them and one way with BA miles since I don't have enough in either for the two round trips in C/J I need.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 9:09 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by kats

Originally Posted by HCA
I want to confirm for this before my transaction because I hope there is no 50k "transfer out" limit for bonus. Had anyone transfer 50k A -> B, 50k A -> C, and both B and C get 50k bonus? (or whatever the total bonus amount is > 50k but from the same account A)
I am not sure if more than 1 recipient will get bonus.
I was told by the rep that there was a 50k limit on any transaction per account. So even if you are the sender, you may have a 50k limit
But I can tell you that if you try to send it, you will get a message if there is no bonus.

50k extra in each
It is better to structure it as 50k A > B, B>C, C>A
That way B & C will both have 50k left and A will have 50k more.

100k & 50k extra
If you do 25K A >B, A>C each. then have 50k B>D, 50k C>A
you can end up with 100k in 1 account and an extra 50 in the first.
This will still be within the rules.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA Аэрофлот UA LH AF AS SPG HH PC
Originally Posted by ffI
I am not sure if more than 1 recipient will get bonus.
I was told by the rep that there was a 50k limit on any transaction per account. So even if you are the sender, you may have a 50k limit
But I can tell you that if you try to send it, you will get a message if there is no bonus.

I can also confirm that there is a limit of 50k on any transaction per account. If you try to do more than 50k, you will get a warning message that your transaction will NOT get the bonus. It wont stop you from making the transaction. So be very careful!!!

Important Notice

The bonus limit for this promotion is 50,000 miles. Your recipient has already received 50,000 miles, therefore your bonus for this transaction is capped at 0 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.