Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Where are the e-fares for this week?" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Where are the e-fares for this week?" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2008, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
The best way to check for discount weekend fares is just to go into regular flight pricing and look. Even when there is a list of e-fares published it is not complete, and some interesting fares can be found in regular online reservations. Just look for the little "last minute fare" star next to flights.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by leech27
They're up there on the website like normal. You don't see any?
I clicked on them last nicht and it showed ZERO destinations.

Edit: Found deals but no same day turns.

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Dec 5, 2008 at 10:41 am
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Try this link for this week's e-fares out of IAD.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Talking Got the email, done that, been there...

Many, many offers for the cities I watch, virtually all to UX cities, as usual, but the price is coming down ever so slightly (transcons at 2x $137++ instead of $142++).

Will we ever see international again?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, RCC, HH GOLD, SPG, OMNI, KIMPTON, A-CLUB
E-Fares

Sorry if this has been addressed, I tried to search this on the boards, but didn't get results:

Is it just me or has it been very difficult to find anything available for the e-fares Tuesday morning, around 8AM ET? Is there just nothing there, or are they all booked up early?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I've had more trouble finding fares that return on Monday morning than on Tuesday, in general. And sometimes, I've seen destinations listed, and when going to check the schedule, no flights at all exist on e-fares.

On another note note, I just noticed there is a "same-day return" tab now appearing when looking up e-fares cities. Not sure what this is about - I have yet to find any listings. Anybody heard anything about this? Would UnitedPR be able to chime in on this?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:32 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
I can't even find offerings for efares

They list Savannah as a possible airport but there not any offerings for any of the four categories??

Why even list the city?

Anybody else having this problem?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:33 am

Programs: UA, AA
Never had any trouble finding e fare availability.. that's what I get for living in nowheresville, I guess!
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I think all (or most, anyway) UA cities are listed, but don't always have e-fares out of them each week. Probably limits the amount of programming for the page - so that they don't have to manually add and remove cities every week dependant on which cities have e-fares available.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The fares are there, but the e-fare page is busted. Another classic .bomb achievement. You just have to search cities individually in the regular flight search and you will see the last minute fares.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
There's never anything useful out of SFO anyway, so I don't even bother any more.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
There's never anything useful out of SFO anyway, so I don't even bother any more.
I agree to an extent (but not limited to SFO).... e-fares used to be some very good deals for "cheap travel". But what they have seemed (IME) to have evolved to... is about the same as a 21 day adv purchase, that is available last minute.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: UA GS
Also, FWIW, some of the prices on the search page are incorrect (too high), if that was keeping anyone from booking.

Last week IAD-CAE was listed as $109 each way for 1/9-1/12 on the search page, and this week is listed as $104 each way, also for 1/9-1/12. I actually booked this route last week, for 1/9-1/12, as we had plans to go down for a friend's birthday. When I booked last week the total came to $171 all-in, and when I price it this week (with the $104 each way showing), it ends up being $161 all-in.

Not sure what other cities this may be the case for.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: AA, IHG
The e-fares page is working again!

...But based on a quick perusal, I didn't see any same day turns available for this weekend. Maybe next week.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hausrath
The e-fares page is working again!

...But based on a quick perusal, I didn't see any same day turns available for this weekend. Maybe next week.
Next week is a holiday weekend. Not likely to be much then either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.