Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Where are the e-fares for this week?" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Where are the e-fares for this week?" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Cool Have we seen the last of E-Fares?

I thought the first weekend they were omitted was because the Tuesday was Veteran's Day, making it sort of a Veteran's Day long weekend.

But is the program being quietly dropped?

Or, it could be that the coming two weekends are peak, bookending Thanksgiving.

EDIT: Also, it makes no sense that international E-Fares have been dropped because demand is too low. No sense at all.

Last edited by Firewind; Nov 18, 2008 at 8:18 am
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Firewind
EDIT: Also, it makes no sense that international E-Fares have been dropped because demand is too low. No sense at all.
Why? Do you have any internal numbers showing the response rates to those efares?

Given the current economic climate, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't many people who jump on last minute international trips just because of a low fare. Not sure how many had that luxury (of spare $$$ and time) even at good times.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
I thought the first weekend they were omitted was because the Tuesday was Veteran's Day, making it sort of a Veteran's Day long weekend.

But is the program being quietly dropped?

Or, it could be that the coming two weekends are peak, bookending Thanksgiving.

Again, this is likely a marketing move. By listing these flights you can compare them to other airlines, and AA frequently has better choices. By making you hunt for them, you may find a connecting flight that would not be on the E-Fare list but is only a few bucks more than the nonstop e-fare. This opens up a better possibility of you actually buying instead of shopping.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Case in point

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Why? Do you have any internal numbers showing the response rates to those efares?

Given the current economic climate, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't many people who jump on last minute international trips just because of a low fare. Not sure how many had that luxury (of spare $$$ and time) even at good times.
Because the original theme was to optimize the point of sale yield (management). To hit the sweet spot on the curve. Acknowledged that this wasn't why UA fell in with those who initiated them for this reason. Done right, the fare level approaches the curve as closely as forecasting can get it. (Today the best demonstration in the industry is Southwest's Ding. But the Brands X who do the weekend fare thing do vary their fares.) Anyway, to UA, it's just been used as a quasi- fare class (and a sop to the gasping UXs), very seldom varying week to week. Someone apparently decided this was the way to "rationalize" E-Fares. It puts UA's E-Fares into a straight jacket and defeats the purpose. Case in point. Short version: Done right, it sells those nearly-last totally perishable seats.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Done right, it sells those nearly-last totally perishable seats.
Even when they had int'l fares, I don't recall seeing many that would have made me drop everything and pack my carry-on for a quick trip to Europe. Granted, from SFO those trips aren't that quick in any case.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 12:30 pm

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Are there any out this week?
Allegedly there are e-fares this week, but they just aren't posting them again, so you'll have to search/hunt to find them.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I just got an email for this week's e-fares.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K (2k), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by joelfreak
I don't want a $100 Ecert. I dunno what 1P voice would really do. I just want some efares! Every airline now releases efares on Monday...why is EVERYTHING so hard for UA?
Why are you wanting the e-fares so badly? I've never been thoroughly impressed with the e-fares, mostly due to the minimum stays.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by VA1379
I just got an email for this week's e-fares.
Yup. This just in. Just delayed. Before someone else says it first: much ado about nothing.

In a positive vein, nice to see LAX-SFO at $49++ again (albeit only ex-LAX).

And they do seem to be keeping a place holder for international.

Last edited by Firewind; Nov 18, 2008 at 6:49 pm
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA1K 1MM
I received a "weekly" e-fares message minutes ago. The last previous one that I received was dated 10/27/08.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:34 am

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Originally Posted by futureacnp
Why are you wanting the e-fares so badly? I've never been thoroughly impressed with the e-fares, mostly due to the minimum stays.
For some folks it's a great deal. Especially if you have certs to use.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same-day return E-Fares

Originally Posted by futureacnp
There are some same-day return E-Fares now. You can leave and return on Saturday.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:49 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Yet again, nothing from SEA
Old Dec 5, 2008, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Any E-Fares this weekend ?

I was desperately looking for them. The best would be a same day turn deal but there is absolutely nothing.

Not from LAX, SFO, ORD, IAD...

Does that mean nothing available this weekend ?

Cheers,
S
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:14 am

Programs: UA 1K
They're up there on the website like normal. You don't see any?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.