Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Where are the e-fares for this week?" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Where are the e-fares for this week?" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 9:53 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Where are the e-fares for this week?

Dot Bomb seems to be partially down and, in addition, no e-fares are posted yet. Probably overcome by their NEW NEWS.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 9:58 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
www.united.com seems to be working fine for me --
but it does report "There are currently no E-Fares available"
http://travel.united.com/ube/efares/us/eFares.do

There are a number of holiday fares
Old Nov 4, 2008, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
I don't know, but, as always, you can call up e-fares just by using the usual search-by-schedule approach as long as friday/saturday-monday/tuesday are selected. I'm pulling up CID e-fares just fine. Of course, you have to guess which routings are available this week.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 10:07 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
I have been finding E-Fare-like prices for BWI-SFO and SFO-BWI almost every weekend this fall, usually $279 r/t for the non-stops. The fares have been more lenient too -- usually allowing departure on Friday and return on Sunday,
and, depending the week, a same-day turn @ SFO.

A friend bought a ticket last Friday several hours before the flight!
Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
List of E-Fares this week?

According to .bomb, E-Fares wont be available in a list this week, only when you search. Of course, .bomb can't do a search for "anywhere that's on sale", you need to tell it a city. This is great for the one weekend I wanted to do an MR. Anyone have a way to scrape the fare list somewhere and find out whats on sale? I am looking out of NYC, and I see LAX and SFO of course...but I was hoping for something a BIT more exotic. Done the Xcountry too many times. :-)
Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What class do those e-fares book in?
Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by joelfreak
According to .bomb, E-Fares wont be available in a list this week, only when you search. Of course, .bomb can't do a search for "anywhere that's on sale", you need to tell it a city. This is great for the one weekend I wanted to do an MR. Anyone have a way to scrape the fare list somewhere and find out whats on sale? I am looking out of NYC, and I see LAX and SFO of course...but I was hoping for something a BIT more exotic. Done the Xcountry too many times. :-)
http://www.farecompare.com/search/fl...?departure=NYC

Click carrier filter, then click 'only' next to United.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LessO2
What class do those e-fares book in?
Usually T. But on the flight list there will be a note of "Last Minute Fare" with a little star.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyinbob
Usually T. But on the flight list there will be a note of "Last Minute Fare" with a little star.
I've only done e-fares domestically, and found they always book into T class. Not sure about the international specials though, i'm guessing they book into something different.

I'm wondering if they might be doing a change to the GUI of the e-fares page as they've done to parts of the UA site more recently. Not expecting too much; it wouldn't surprise me if part of .bomb went down for a full week for a small little thing like that.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:14 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
http://www.farecompare.com/search/fl...?departure=NYC

Click carrier filter, then click 'only' next to United.
But farecompare can't search for a specific weekend. :-) I have begged them for that feature MANY times.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
It might have to do with Veterans' Day (and perhaps this time being chosen to make changes because it's Veterans' Day). As an indication, all of AA's current weekend specials are for "Next Weekend" -- the weekend after this coming one.

Re UA E-Fares, I thought it was interesting last week when I saw a much broader "This Week's Domestic..." destination list for some cities than I've ever seen before (88 ex-BOS!) but no international destinations ex- anywhere at all. Maybe that converges with the topic of this thread, because all international E-Fares are "Next Week's..." -- e.g., for ~ two weeks out. And that list would have covered this coming weekend. (Glad that I've made myself perfectly clear to myself.....)
Old Nov 5, 2008, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
It might have to do with Veterans' Day (and perhaps this time being chosen to make changes because it's Veterans' Day). As an indication, all of AA's current weekend specials are for "Next Weekend" -- the weekend after this coming one.

Re UA E-Fares, I thought it was interesting last week when I saw a much broader "This Week's Domestic..." destination list for some cities than I've ever seen before (88 ex-BOS!) but no international destinations ex- anywhere at all. Maybe that converges with the topic of this thread, because all international E-Fares are "Next Week's..." -- e.g., for ~ two weeks out. And that list would have covered this coming weekend. (Glad that I've made myself perfectly clear to myself.....)
When they admit that they are all (airlines) hurting for business, trying to make it HARDER for me to give them money is just plain silly.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:07 pm

E-Fares this week?

Ok, there were none last week listed, and this week we are 5 minutes past when it was due to be posted...I hope this is not going to become a regular thing. I need these fares for MRs. Did I miss a layoff?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Nada... perhaps email 1PVoice...
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Nada... perhaps email 1PVoice...
I don't want a $100 Ecert. I dunno what 1P voice would really do. I just want some efares! Every airline now releases efares on Monday...why is EVERYTHING so hard for UA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.