Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Where are the e-fares for this week?" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Where are the e-fares for this week?" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by joelfreak
I'm not 1K. And I don't want a $100 Ecert. I just want some efares! Every airline now releases efares on Monday...why is EVERYTHING so hard for UA?
Hence why I suggested that you email 1PVoice.

They can at least tell you whether or not they plan to return.. I wasn't suggesting anything to the tune of getting compensation. That would be plain rediculous (pay me because you're not giving me discount deals )
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Hence why I suggested that you email 1PVoice.

They can at least tell you whether or not they plan to return.. I wasn't suggesting anything to the tune of getting compensation. That would be plain rediculous (pay me because you're not giving me discount deals )
Notice I changed that the minute I noticed. :-) But still...I just got the AAFares...I got NWA earlier...And give me compensation seems to be ALL customer service ever does for me...never gets me any answers...
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Perhaps they have cut so much capacity they have no seats left for efares
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
As I said last week, and as most realize, e-fares are still there, but the search function is jacked up.

It's fine if you're stalking a particular route, but really annoying if you want to do a destination-based search for MRs. Farecompare has a pretty good search that has included e-fares in the past. Check there.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:02 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by adambadam
Perhaps they have cut so much capacity they have no seats left for efares
I have started to just use ITA for 300 mile radius around major US cities...its annoying.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by fadeforward
As I said last week, and as most realize, e-fares are still there, but the search function is jacked up.

It's fine if you're stalking a particular route, but really annoying if you want to do a destination-based search for MRs. Farecompare has a pretty good search that has included e-fares in the past. Check there.
And I know they are still there. But still. UA knows what they are. This is not a scavenger hunt.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
As stated, the e-fares are there. You just have to check individual routes to find them. This week include LAX or SFO to ORD, which hasn't been around for a while.

My guess is it is a marketing change. When listed, people just check the list and say yes or no and leave it at that. But if you have to search, you may find a fare that isn't technically an e-fare, but is low enough for you to bite. It is just another way to force you to be exposed to more buying opportunities.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by flyinbob
As stated, the e-fares are there. You just have to check individual routes to find them. This week include LAX or SFO to ORD, which hasn't been around for a while.

My guess is it is a marketing change. When listed, people just check the list and say yes or no and leave it at that. But if you have to search, you may find a fare that isn't technically an e-fare, but is low enough for you to bite. It is just another way to force you to be exposed to more buying opportunities.
Or the normal people who are not MR'er's get a list from AA and US and DL and choose them since UA never sends one any more. It works both ways.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 1:25 am

Now they are loaded, as I have happened upon some JFK-LAX Efares, but the web site still says there are none. *PULLS OUT HAIR*
Old Nov 11, 2008, 6:33 am

Programs: AA, BA, B6, DL, UA 1K, VA, VX
Where are the E-Fares this week?
Old Nov 11, 2008, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by retsef
Another week, and UA has decided not to put out a list...the inability of this company to do much of anything that makes sense amazes me.

Our E-Fares search tool will not be available for E-Fares published on Tuesday, November 11, 2008. However, you can find E-Fares prices using our standard flight search. Simply enter the departure and return cities that interest you, along with the appropriate dates for This Weekend's or Next Weekend's E-Fares. Any available E-Fares prices for those cities will be listed along with all other united.com fares for those dates. Look for the blue star and the label "Last-minute special fares." We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

But yet it still gets banners all over .bomb. *shakes head*
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:14 am

How does anyone at UA have any pride in outsourcing THIS reply to my question to 1PVoice?

We truly appreciate your correspondence to United Airlines Customer
Relations regarding our e-fares.

Mr. Fishler, please know that last week there has been some changes in
e-fare offerings. We will no longer offer international e-fares due to
low demand. Markets where e-fares are available do vary each week. At
this time, there are no domestic e-fares available. You may visit
united.com for any further information.

I hope I have answered your concern. We look forward to serving you.

Regards,

Sahiba Babbar
United Airlines Customer Relations

Do these people even LEARN English? The web site CLEARLY states they HAVE E-Fares this week, but they wont be LISTING THEM. Did I mention I hate the ICC?

Last edited by joelfreak; Nov 12, 2008 at 12:20 am
Old Nov 17, 2008, 11:08 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by retsef
Are there any out this week?
Old Nov 18, 2008, 1:17 am

No again.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 7:44 am

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Are there any out this week?
UA didn't publish or send out any e-mails telling us about them. My usual e-fares are bookable for this coming weekend....I just checked.

Halothane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.