Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Ask a United Reservation Agent - Q & A thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask a United Reservation Agent - Q & A thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
I thought that was probably the case, but I still may give the 1K line a call. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:40 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by jimmc66
Originally Posted by goalie
...*There is now a nice and easily visible feature when checking your itineraries to see if you have had a schedule change in this thread starting with post 50.
This "feature" did not work in this case. There was no indication in the record that the reservation had been changed. I've see the red "Schedule Change" notice previously, but not on this one.

The error has been especially egregious in this case, because they changed the departure from a Monday to a Sunday, but didn't change any of the connections leaving the passenger "connecting" in GUM for 26 hours.

I'm trying to figure out where the moron is that would make this kind of ignorant change (without telling anyone).
How did you book? Via UA (on-line, phone, in person), by CO or via a third party as maybe that has something to do with it?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
UA had a schedule change and it changed my international arrival to city XXX to about 3 hours later. Miss Kok was ticketed domestic flying into city XXX on the same day to meet me, so the agent was nice enough to change her reservation (no change fee) to a later flight arriving about the same time as me. But when I look in her resv, it is not showing her as "Upgrade pending" (for UDU) for the new flight. So my guess is it is just a matter of calling and getting her added to the list, but I do not want to endanger the no-fee change that the agent made, as I don't think the agent was really supposed to make this change without a change fee.

Do you think that there is there any risk that calling will make them review and scrutinize the record?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
UA had a schedule change and it changed my international arrival to city XXX to about 3 hours later. Miss Kok was ticketed domestic flying into city XXX on the same day to meet me, so the agent was nice enough to change her reservation (no change fee) to a later flight arriving about the same time as me. But when I look in her resv, it is not showing her as "Upgrade pending" (for UDU) for the new flight. So my guess is it is just a matter of calling and getting her added to the list, but I do not want to endanger the no-fee change that the agent made, as I don't think the agent was really supposed to make this change without a change fee.

Do you think that there is there any risk that calling will make them review and scrutinize the record?
The only way you may be dinged a change fee now is if the agent changed the reservation, but did not actually reissue the ticket. If the ticket matches the reservation, you should be good to go.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by GoingAway
The only way you may be dinged a change fee now is if the agent changed the reservation, but did not actually reissue the ticket. If the ticket matches the reservation, you should be good to go.
When I look at the resv on UAL.COM and click "View e-receipts", it shows the new flight in the e-ticket receipt, but it does not show a different ticket number nor a different issue date (from when the resv. was actually ticketed). So the flight number and times on the e-ticket I see online currently do match the flight in the reservation. But .... the e-ticket also shows the Cabin in the "Flight Info" as "Economy (W)" but two lines below that, it shows a "Fare code: TAP21CS". I think the original flight was booked in T class, but when the agent moved her to the new flight, she might have grabbed a W seat.

Problems? And how to solve them without costing me a change-fee, as promised by the agent on day of change?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:20 pm
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
When I look at the resv on UAL.COM and click "View e-receipts", it shows the new flight in the e-ticket receipt, but it does not show a different ticket number nor a different issue date (from when the resv. was actually ticketed). So the flight number and times on the e-ticket I see online currently do match the flight in the reservation. But .... the e-ticket also shows the Cabin in the "Flight Info" as "Economy (W)" but two lines below that, it shows a "Fare code: TAP21CS". I think the original flight was booked in T class, but when the agent moved her to the new flight, she might have grabbed a W seat.

Problems? And how to solve them without costing me a change-fee, as promised by the agent on day of change?
It sounds like the agent just Revalidated the ticket. If the routing and dates remain the same, we don't need to issue a new ticket, just revalidate the old one.

I would think you'd be fine if you called. You'd have to dig into the reservation and ticketing history to see a revalidated e-ticket, and the agent is unlikely to do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.