Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Ask a United Reservation Agent - Q & A thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask a United Reservation Agent - Q & A thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2009, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by jackal
Uh oh--don't tell the folks over in the TS&S forum! They'd say he's being brainwashed to always show ID at too young an age!
jackal - that was my first thought when I read that, but I chose not to post it
Old May 30, 2010, 10:21 am

Quick question. In a few weeks, I'll be flying MCT-DXB-IAD-PIT home from Muscat. My flights from DXB-IAD-PIT are on United however my flight MCT-DXB is on Oman Air.

My question is, will my bags be checked all the way to PIT, or will I have to go through customs and ticketing in Dubai because Oman Air and UA are not partners?
Old May 30, 2010, 11:38 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by willis1550
Quick question. In a few weeks, I'll be flying MCT-DXB-IAD-PIT home from Muscat. My flights from DXB-IAD-PIT are on United however my flight MCT-DXB is on Oman Air.

My question is, will my bags be checked all the way to PIT, or will I have to go through customs and ticketing in Dubai because Oman Air and UA are not partners?
The issue here is not partnerships but interlining agreements. The vast majority of airlines in the world have interlining agreements (WN is a notable exception).

Do not know if UA & WY (Omar Air) have an interlining agreement but that is what you are looking for. A call to either (or someone with GDS access)should resolve the issue. BTW a single combined PNR is an indication of an interlining agreement.

Search on "interlining" on FT will show may threads on this but no answer on WY-UA
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
If all UA employees were as wonderful and competent as FlyingNone I'd bet UA's profits would double. Hopefully new management will eliminate the ICC which would be a good start in that direction.

Thanks for posting.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by Boraxo
If all UA employees were as wonderful and competent as FlyingNone I'd bet UA's profits would double. Hopefully new management will eliminate the ICC which would be a good start in that direction.

Thanks for posting.
============================
Thank you as well for the compliment. I'm guessing, but maybe United has contracts with the ICC's. Don't contracts expire at some point ?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:33 am

MM fees

I have a question - my brother is a MM (has a million UA miles) and I am not, but also have a lot of miles. When I need to fly last minute, I use his miles and fees are waived if there are changes and I don't need to go after all.

If he flew using my miles, and had to cancel, would he also get his fees waived as he's the MM and it's his cancellation?

Thanks for all the advice!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:42 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by r3325
I have a question - my brother is a MM (has a million UA miles) and I am not, but also have a lot of miles. When I need to fly last minute, I use his miles and fees are waived if there are changes and I don't need to go after all.

If he flew using my miles, and had to cancel, would he also get his fees waived as he's the MM and it's his cancellation?

Thanks for all the advice!
No, the fee wavier is based on the status of the owner of the miles, not the status of the traveller.

Welcome to FT!, r3325
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Plat+Amb, AA
Hi,

Probably an often asked question but what is the best way of getting price matching by United for their flights? BMI are offering the same flights at a lower price than United.

Thanks,

Duck
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by duck_77
....what is the best way of getting price matching by United for their flights?....
price matching is typically (if ever) not done by UA -- reservation agents do not appear to have that authority.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:45 pm
formerly known as RK7

Programs: Many
Price matching. Brings back old memories... I remember where you could call reservations and they would actually do that.... It was fun to find a low fare and have them match it. Not anymore though..
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:44 am

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Procedure to Notify Pax of schedule change

I've recently had two reservations changed by UA with no notice from anyone. Both happened to be flights thru GUM on Air Mike, so maybe that has been part of the problem.

Both flights actually changed dates and I'm trying to understand who's responsible for calling or emailing the PAX, and why it hasn't been done for either of these reservations.

Some visibility on the process would be appreciated.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:11 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by jimmc66
I've recently had two reservations changed by UA with no notice from anyone. Both happened to be flights thru GUM on Air Mike, so maybe that has been part of the problem.

Both flights actually changed dates and I'm trying to understand who's responsible for calling or emailing the PAX, and why it hasn't been done for either of these reservations.

Some visibility on the process would be appreciated.
Generally you will not be notified of schedule changes by UA and it's best to periodically (and "more periodically" as you get closer to day of flight) to log into your account and check your itineraries* and to keep tabs on this thread as if folks are posting, then it might be time to check your own itineraries.

*There is now a nice and easily visible feature when checking your itineraries to see if you have had a schedule change in this thread starting with post 50.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
*There is now a nice and easily visible feature when checking your itineraries to see if you have had a schedule change in this thread starting with post 50.
This "feature" did not work in this case. There was no indication in the record that the reservation had been changed. I've see the red "Schedule Change" notice previously, but not on this one.

The error has been especially egregious in this case, because they changed the departure from a Monday to a Sunday, but didn't change any of the connections leaving the passenger "connecting" in GUM for 26 hours.

I'm trying to figure out where the moron is that would make this kind of ignorant change (without telling anyone).
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
I'm upgraded (SWU) on a flight from BKK to ORD in early May. My routing is via SEA. I'm wondering, since there appears to be plenty of availability, if I could switch to 882 and fly NRT-ORD non-stop instead. Will I pay a change fee, and will my upgrade be honored? I'm a 1K. Thank you!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by sim510
I'm upgraded (SWU) on a flight from BKK to ORD in early May. My routing is via SEA. I'm wondering, since there appears to be plenty of availability, if I could switch to 882 and fly NRT-ORD non-stop instead. Will I pay a change fee, and will my upgrade be honored? I'm a 1K. Thank you!
Depending on the type of ticket you purchased (non-refundable, refundable, change-able, etc) If you bought a lower fare economy ticket...If you change routing, you probably will be dinged a change fee (as well as any fare difference). Furthermore, if your upgrade cannot be confirmed at booking/change, you will not retain your position on the waitlist, and will start from scratch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.