Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Ask a United Reservation Agent - Q & A thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask a United Reservation Agent - Q & A thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2009, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by thegrailer
Did I miss something scanning through this thread - are answers still being provided?

Question: Can the web support call center book and ticket flights? For example, I try to book on .bomb - no luck, error, error, and error. I call reservations and get forwarded to the web support center (I've complained about these folks elsewhere). I am told to forward a screen shot of the fare and the session ID #. The items are emailed and I am then told that even with this information, no flight will be ticketed. I called back to UA reservations - with the web support folks still on a separate line. The UA reservations rep. stated that yes, the web support folks could and should ticket the flight. The web support folks said no and I lost the flight and the fare. So, who was/is correct? Can the web support folks ticket flights or not and can they be ticketed based on what .bomb provides prior to a series of errors that don't allow me to book online?

Thanks

Cheer
I have absolutely had web support book and finalize bookings for me when there was some problem preventing me from completing the booking on .bomb
Old Jul 12, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Asking for clarification, not a complaint about 1k CSR policy

With the frequency I have called 1k line this past week 2x's a day probably to check on various UG and award space I'm bound to get someone who maybe got up on the wrong side of the bed. Regardless of the perceived attitude of this particular CSR agent I would like to ask a question on UA 1k CSR policy.

I have KVS, look at seat maps (which aren't great) etc.

I'm ALWAYS very nice, cordial and easy going when calling for customer service. I like to think that is who I am naturally but I digress.

I'm having a problem with my sponsored SWU only showing 1P and it isn't allowing it to show my 1k status, as I recently changed not even a week ago like many others. I know this makes a difference on the waitlist at different points in time, thus I wanted this UG to show as a 1k since it isn't automatic that it will clear. This is probably the 5th time I have tried to get this taken care of and have called MP 3x's as well to check on when and if this new status is going to get changed.

I'm trying to confirm my numbers I see on KVS and asked very nicely, "do the loads still show C9, D9 etc?" Not only does she cut me off almost mid sentence but she prefaces her comments with, "You can't go by that anyway because we oversell seats, so you are wasting your time with whatever you are looking at."

I politely chuckle and say thank you for helping me manage my time, can you please tell me what you are showing, so I can compare it to my information. She tells me, "we can't tell you what our computers say, I can only say if it looks good, fair, bad."

I ask what her definition of each are for that is very subjective. "Good means positive, fair means average, and bad means negative."

I again chuckle to myself while she is telling me this nebulous definition and she starts laughing over me and says, "I didn't know I was so funny quoting company policy."

Now that hits a switch in me for I have been polite, cordial, laughing even if sarcastic, despite what I feel is a less than polite and certainly not helpful CSR experience.

I don't want this call to be for nothing, thus I ask her if she is able to please delete my mp # and reenter it to see if it will show as a 1k. She responds by saying, "that isn't going to do anything." I insist and say, "I bet it won't take 30 seconds of your time, could you please? That isn't against UA policy is it?"

She responds, which I don't care about really, with a sarcastic laugh. She waits probably 5 seconds and says, "no go, is there anything you need me to do?"

I'm thinking, I dont' need to take anymore of my time dealing with an unpleasant CSR agent and say, "no thanks you, goodbye."

Thus aside from the attitude, which I don't care about that much as long as she can help me with my issue, is it UA CSR policy to not tell customers specific booking class loads? I haven't heard this before, and many times the CSR agents and I go back and forth talking about that very thing in reference to potential UG scenarios.

Thanks.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
As far as I know the agent is correct, they are by policy not supposed to give out specific load information or specific waitlist position. You might want to peruse this thread from the FAQ:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-q-thread.html

Also, if you are waitlisted via a sponsored SWU, it is my understanding that you are already on the PA waitlist (i.e. same place you would have been if you were a 1k). So, before it goes to DM it shouldn't matter. Granted it would matter once it goes to the gate.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by FortFun
As far as I know the agent is correct, they are by policy not supposed to give out specific load information or specific waitlist position. You might want to peruse this thread from the FAQ:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-q-thread.html

Also, if you are waitlisted via a sponsored SWU, it is my understanding that you are already on the PA waitlist (i.e. same place you would have been if you were a 1k). So, before it goes to DM it shouldn't matter. Granted it would matter once it goes to the gate.
Thanks for the help.

I just called back and got a very helpful CSR agent at the 1k line. He told me there are 6 seats still available for sale and told me that there are 10 people on the wait list. I asked where I am on the waitlist, and he said I don't know it just shows 10 people.

That is useful info if a sponsored SWU goes onto PA, and somewhat comforting. I'm thinking this is going to go to DM and I hope by that time my new 1k status will be in the system as the MP rep told me you are in as of today the 12th but it takes 3 days from that day to show up. I leave at 12:10 AM on the 16th, but that is about 4 pm on the 15th CST.

Cutting it close.) Living on the edge.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:08 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Red face

Originally Posted by schley
Thanks for the help.

I just called back and got a very helpful CSR agent at the 1k line. He told me there are 6 seats still available for sale and told me that there are 10 people on the wait list. I asked where I am on the waitlist, and he said I don't know it just shows 10 people.

That is useful info if a sponsored SWU goes onto PA, and somewhat comforting. I'm thinking this is going to go to DM and I hope by that time my new 1k status will be in the system as the MP rep told me you are in as of today the 12th but it takes 3 days from that day to show up. I leave at 12:10 AM on the 16th, but that is about 4 pm on the 15th CST.

Cutting it close.) Living on the edge.
============================================
But how is this helpful ?? ......six seats for sale and ten people already on a waitlist tells you nothing. Being sponsored on a SWU does not automatically put you on a PA waitlist. Maybe other passengers with higher status or who have been fared higher can still "out-trump" you. This may be why the first CSR appeared "unhelpful". To give a passenger false hope is just as "unhelpful" by the second CSR. I'm curious, if you made five more phonecalls with the same request, would get five different answers; I get the feeling you would.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingNone
.... Being sponsored on a SWU does not automatically put you on a PA waitlist. ....
The commonly stated widsom on this board has been all SWUs (& CR1s) requests go on PA, do you have knowledge of a different result??
Old Jul 22, 2009, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Seeing as how RSSRNotInIndia has not posted on FT since Feb 16, 2009 I am guessing they are either no longer with UA or they've been muzzled by their employer. Either way...
UA employees have been warned many times, formally and informally, not to post here. does this site log your ip?

Originally Posted by schley
Thanks for the help.

he shouldnt have quoted numbers. and a certain number of agents can see the waitlist unofficially but arent allowed to tell you they can.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 22, 2009 at 10:18 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by big brother
UA employees have been warned many times, formally and informally, not to post here.
But there are a number who do, including pilots, FAs, and GAs. We non-UA employees greatly appreciate all of their input, and hope that they continue to contribute. ^ I can only hope that RSSRNotInIndia will return to FT.

does this site log your ip?
Most BBs do, though I don't know about this one, specifically... but even if yes, the IP would be visible to admins only, so there's no way UA would see IPs.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by cepheid
Most BBs do, though I don't know about this one, specifically... but even if yes, the IP would be visible to admins only, so there's no way UA would see IPs.
IANAL, but in addition, as long as the poster isn't doing anything illegal (i.e. letting out trade secrets or violating their contract of employment with the things they're saying), UA has no grounds on which to file a subpoena for their information (IP, registered email address, etc.) from IB.

I don't recall seeing anything from RSSRNotinIndia that would have qualified.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by cepheid
But there are a number who do, including pilots, FAs, and GAs. We non-UA employees greatly appreciate all of their input, and hope that they continue to contribute. ^ I can only hope that RSSRNotInIndia will return to FT.

well they've just scared us rssrs silly in the last few months regarding websites. we have briefings about it from time to time. i would hate to get fired for reading/posting here.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
well they've just scared us rssrs silly in the last few months regarding websites. we have briefings about it from time to time. i would hate to get fired for reading/posting here.
Well, I hope they realize what kind of negative publicity that gives them.

Not that FTers would boycott UA over something like that, but it's still not conducive to establishing goodwill between fans of an airline and the company itself.

Perhaps FTers can write to UA expressing their displeasure with such actions against their employees?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 8:40 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Which is sad.

But it's been going on awhile, if more inconsistently in the past. Long-timers will remember the sad tale of UA MP rep slumgoddess.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Which is sad.

But it's been going on awhile, if more inconsistently in the past. Long-timers will remember the sad tale of UA MP rep slumgoddess.
what happened to her? i'd love to be able to make our job a little more transparent but if it means getting fired in this economy....
Old Jul 24, 2009, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what happened to her? i'd love to be able to make our job a little more transparent but if it means getting fired in this economy....
Several UA reservation employees have been terminated over the years as a result of their participation on FT.

You should review your employment contract and check with your supervisor, HR, union rep (if applicable) before posting here.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 7:38 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'm happy to answer a PM re.

Originally Posted by transpac
Several UA reservation employees have been terminated over the years as a result of their participation on FT.

You should review your employment contract and check with your supervisor, HR, union rep (if applicable) before posting here.
Listen to him. He is wise. One of the absolute best UA CSRs at a station I used to fly through a lot was disciplined merely for posting. Not for posting something negative, just posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.