FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask a United Reservation Agent - Q & A thread
Old Jul 12, 2009, 2:10 pm
schley

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Asking for clarification, not a complaint about 1k CSR policy

With the frequency I have called 1k line this past week 2x's a day probably to check on various UG and award space I'm bound to get someone who maybe got up on the wrong side of the bed. Regardless of the perceived attitude of this particular CSR agent I would like to ask a question on UA 1k CSR policy.

I have KVS, look at seat maps (which aren't great) etc.

I'm ALWAYS very nice, cordial and easy going when calling for customer service. I like to think that is who I am naturally but I digress.

I'm having a problem with my sponsored SWU only showing 1P and it isn't allowing it to show my 1k status, as I recently changed not even a week ago like many others. I know this makes a difference on the waitlist at different points in time, thus I wanted this UG to show as a 1k since it isn't automatic that it will clear. This is probably the 5th time I have tried to get this taken care of and have called MP 3x's as well to check on when and if this new status is going to get changed.

I'm trying to confirm my numbers I see on KVS and asked very nicely, "do the loads still show C9, D9 etc?" Not only does she cut me off almost mid sentence but she prefaces her comments with, "You can't go by that anyway because we oversell seats, so you are wasting your time with whatever you are looking at."

I politely chuckle and say thank you for helping me manage my time, can you please tell me what you are showing, so I can compare it to my information. She tells me, "we can't tell you what our computers say, I can only say if it looks good, fair, bad."

I ask what her definition of each are for that is very subjective. "Good means positive, fair means average, and bad means negative."

I again chuckle to myself while she is telling me this nebulous definition and she starts laughing over me and says, "I didn't know I was so funny quoting company policy."

Now that hits a switch in me for I have been polite, cordial, laughing even if sarcastic, despite what I feel is a less than polite and certainly not helpful CSR experience.

I don't want this call to be for nothing, thus I ask her if she is able to please delete my mp # and reenter it to see if it will show as a 1k. She responds by saying, "that isn't going to do anything." I insist and say, "I bet it won't take 30 seconds of your time, could you please? That isn't against UA policy is it?"

She responds, which I don't care about really, with a sarcastic laugh. She waits probably 5 seconds and says, "no go, is there anything you need me to do?"

I'm thinking, I dont' need to take anymore of my time dealing with an unpleasant CSR agent and say, "no thanks you, goodbye."

Thus aside from the attitude, which I don't care about that much as long as she can help me with my issue, is it UA CSR policy to not tell customers specific booking class loads? I haven't heard this before, and many times the CSR agents and I go back and forth talking about that very thing in reference to potential UG scenarios.

Thanks.