Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Status Match [Merged Threads] (Updated 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Status Match [Merged Threads] (Updated 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Sorry, I meant if they give me 1p, and XX segments, I certainly would earn that, but it would be tough taking a big step down from where I am now. I anticipate 50-60 segments til years end.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by etsmyers
Sorry, I meant if they give me 1p, and XX segments, I certainly would earn that, but it would be tough taking a big step down from where I am now. I anticipate 50-60 segments til years end.
Yes, and that was my point. You're probably best of waiting until Feb/March to do the status challenge. I don't believe they open the opportunity for a challenge into the status year ends which is Jan 31.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:33 pm

AA Plat thinking of coming back

I was at one time a 1k on United, I had since gone to AA. I am now Gold for life but I m thinking about going back to United with the merger.

First question is will UA take me back in the same level?

Any hints towards the pros and cons.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
You could status match/challenge on UA with your AA Gold status. United will give you the Premier level and you'll have to fly a certain number of UA metal miles in 3 months. Premier will then be good through next year. Even if you had lifetime Exec Plat, UA only matches up to Premier Executive.

What routes will you be flying? Based on your profile it looks like you're in the ORD area, which will remain a very large hub after the merger.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
The max they would match you to is Premier Exec..they do not match to 1K even if you were EX Plat on AA. You'll have to re-earn 1K if that's what you're shooting for.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: United 1P
UA status match CO?

I am CO gold. I will have many trips on UA in the next few months.

Does UA match CO gold now? If UA asks me to do a challenge, what are the challenge terms?

If I receive UA 1p after the challenge in September, how long will the status expire? Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2010, 3:17 pm

UA doesn't match CO gold at this moment.

If you get 1P in September, the status will last through 2/2012
Old Aug 5, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
I'm pretty sure status matching is all done between the 2 carriers until after the merger when the programs are combined.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 7:29 am

Status Match - Do it now or Wait until Jan.?

Being forced to fly United by company.
Had been AA Plat until last year when travel with company was halted. Luckily I was lifetime gold (so didn't need soft landing). I've got a bit to go to make lifetime Platinum (could make it by Feb I think).
I got the form from corporate for the one time UA status match.
If I do it now how long will it be good for? Is it until Jan 2011 or a full year and Jan 2012? Should I wait until I make lifetime Plat on AA to get the higher status on UA? If I do that and only fly 25K would I get a soft landing?
TIA for any info since I'm a newbie on UA.
Mike
Old Aug 7, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
My wife and I have been looking into coming over to UA from DL. As a DL silver, she applied for a Premier match by e-mail this week and was approved within 24 hours. She must fly 7.5 K miles within 90 days to maintain status until 2012.

As a Delta gold, I'm probably going to apply for an Executive Premier match, which requires 15k miles in 90 days to maintain status through the end of 2011. I have to wait a few days before applying to be sure known trips will get me to 15K within 90 days.

Everything I've been able to read suggests UA does not offer a 1K match. If that is not true, and if 1K is seen as equivalent to DL platinum, I would be tempted to stick with DL this year and seek a 1K match early in 2011.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
UA will issue status challenge only up to 1P Premier Executive. I was US Chairman's Preferred when I did my challenge to 1P. If you do the challenge anytime from now through end of 2010, you will have to fly 15K actual miles during 90 days to qualify for 1P until Feb. 2012. You will have 1P status during the 90 day challenge period.

For the OP, lifetime Plat status on AA is nice to have for your future travels, but you can always finish the qualification at your leasure. Are you actually being offered status match and not just a status challenge? What level would UA offer for AA Plat?

If you are already flying UA now on business, then you should go ahead with the status match and start enjoying the benefits. The status should be good through Jan. 2012.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 3:08 pm

only AA Gold Lifetime Gold right now.
Had a corporate status match form from UA given from corp. travel.
Seems like UA is designated carrier. Would like to have the highest level possible. Right now got 5K miles booked and will have another in November.
Might wait until next year though.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
only AA Gold Lifetime Gold right now.
Had a corporate status match form from UA given from corp. travel.
Seems like UA is designated carrier. Would like to have the highest level possible. Right now got 5K miles booked and will have another in November.
Might wait until next year though.
From what I read about UA's corporate match program,
If you submit your corporate match form from 7/1/10 till 6/30/11, your matched status will be good until Jan 2012.
AA Gold is matched to 2P. Anything higher is matched to 1P.

Also, corporate match program does NOT have the challenge component.

Originally Posted by donlind
My wife and I have been looking into coming over to UA from DL. As a DL silver, she applied for a Premier match by e-mail this week and was approved within 24 hours. She must fly 7.5 K miles within 90 days to maintain status until 2012.

As a Delta gold, I'm probably going to apply for an Executive Premier match, which requires 15k miles in 90 days to maintain status through the end of 2011. I have to wait a few days before applying to be sure known trips will get me to 15K within 90 days.

Everything I've been able to read suggests UA does not offer a 1K match. If that is not true, and if 1K is seen as equivalent to DL platinum, I would be tempted to stick with DL this year and seek a 1K match early in 2011.
Just as you said yourself, UA does not match to 1K. You will only be matched to 1P. You will have to earn 1K the normal way.

Even when you request matching in early 2011 (in fact anytime before 6/30/11), your status will only be good until Jan 2012. If I were you, I would submit the request when I have the 15k miles in 90 days planned. Matching is pretty fast, from 2 days to 5 days. The 90-day period starts the moment they approve your request.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 7, 2010 at 3:48 pm Reason: merge/edit
Old Aug 8, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, SPG Plat
status match

Hi all,
2 questions.........
I'm flying PHL to PDX next week. Have silver status on CO.
Will United recognize my onepass status for elite boarding?
and
Will United match the status overall or will that have to wait until the merger goes thru?

Thx in adv for the responses.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: UAGLD AA_MM_GLD CO F9 HHGLD
Status Match on CO...

I checked a few weeks ago via CO customer service, and they will not match a Star Alliance partner...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.