Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Status Match [Merged Threads] (Updated 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Status Match [Merged Threads] (Updated 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by GBadger
If I understand this thread, UA is still matching DL DM to 1K, with a challenge of 35k miles in 90 days. Is that correct? Also, because it is after 7/1, that status would stick (assuming successful completion of challenge) until 1/31/13, right?
here's TPG's experience/correspondence for your reference.

As for the post 7/1 match, I do believe it lasts till 1/2013
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:00 pm

I am currently doing 1K status match 'challenge' where I need to fly 35K miles in 90 days. Now, in the email, it said qualifying miles... does that mean EQM? I have a UA/CO flights coming up booked in Z and I'd earn 150% EQM. If this 150% EQM counts as part of 35K miles, that'd be super! Can you guys confirm this?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I don't think bonus EQM count toward challenge requirement
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, former DL Gold
I'm a DL plat and wanted to match to premier exec. Is it possible to match even though I currently have Premier status after linking my CO/UA accounts (was Silver on CO before linking). i.e. Does the account linking count as a "status match within the last 5 years?"
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
DL plat wanting to match to UA 1K. I know a few DL DM's are doing this with the challenge. Would UA give me 1K with a challenge?

Since CO's plat challenge is 35K (same as UA's 1K challenge), why would one go for that over a UA 1K challenge?\

What happens to CO plats once the programs merge?
Old Sep 3, 2011, 12:00 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum
Apologize in advance if this has already been answered, but I could not find it.

I am doing the status match from DL DM to UA 1k, and I will hit my 35k challenge miles next month (I started the challenge about 3 weeks ago). Because almost all of my flights are international, I really want the SWUs.

Do I get the 6 SWUs when I make my 35k challenge miles, then another batch of 6 SWUs in 2012? Of do I need to actually hit 100k miles to get the 6 SWU.

If the latter is the case, is is 100k miles in 12 months or 100k miles in a calendar year. For example, i will likely fly 80k BIS miles on UA the rest of 2011 and would therefore be short 20k miles to actually hit 100k miles in 2011. Will I need to start over again on 1 Jan and wait until i fly another 100k miles in 2012 to get the SWUs?

If that is the case, I'll just fly the 35k I need and go back to Delta to make sure I have enough to roll over into 2012.

Would truly appreciate an accurate answer as I need to book several international flights in the next 10 days and need to decide if I go UA or DL.

Thanks,

Tim
Old Sep 3, 2011, 1:00 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tim B
....I am doing the status match from DL DM to UA 1k, and I will hit my 35k challenge miles next month (I started the challenge about 3 weeks ago). Because almost all of my flights are international, I really want the SWUs.

Do I get the 6 SWUs when I make my 35k challenge miles, then another batch of 6 SWUs in 2012? Of do I need to actually hit 100k miles to get the 6 SWU. ...
you need to read your challenge terms but believe the standard challegne does not include 6 SWUs (@35K) but rather not until you actual reach 100K EQMs.

....If the latter is the case, is is 100k miles in 12 months or 100k miles in a calendar year. ...
calendar year, just like DL
Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:25 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Since CO's plat challenge is 35K (same as UA's 1K challenge), why would one go for that over a UA 1K challenge?\

What happens to CO plats once the programs merge?
UA=CO, hence many references to UACO in this forum.

Really no difference between the challenges. If you merge your UA and CO accounts anytime this year you can freely transfer miles between them and status on one will be reflected in the other.

At beginning of 2012 only MP remains and all your miles will be combined.

Do I get the 6 SWUs when I make my 35k challenge miles, then another batch of 6 SWUs in 2012? Of do I need to actually hit 100k miles to get the 6 SWU.
Unlike AA reports (apparently been pulled), UA only gives out SWUs once you have 100K EQM.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
you need to read your challenge terms but believe the standard challegne does not include 6 SWUs (@35K) but rather not until you actual reach 100K EQMs.

calendar year, just like DL
Yup, that's correct.

EmailKid
Old Sep 3, 2011, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by emailkid
UA=CO, hence many references to UACO in this forum.

Really no difference between the challenges. If you merge your UA and CO accounts anytime this year you can freely transfer miles between them and status on one will be reflected in the other.

At beginning of 2012 only MP remains and all your miles will be combined.
Thanks, but still wondering about CO plats. Do they become 1K's in the new program? CO plat is 75 EQM, UA 1K is 100 EQM. Or will they simply just go by EQM total for the year.

Reason I'm asking is say I do a status match/challenge to CO plat. I get that late 2011. What am I for 2012? UA EP? UA 1K
Old Sep 3, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Thanks, but still wondering about CO plats. Do they become 1K's in the new program? CO plat is 75 EQM, UA 1K is 100 EQM. Or will they simply just go by EQM total for the year. ...
100K Plat are matched as 1Ks but <100K Plats are match as 1Ps. In the longterm it is still fuzzy if a formal 75K level will exists or not but there will be benefits for those >75K.

... Reason I'm asking is say I do a status match/challenge to CO plat. I get that late 2011. What am I for 2012? UA EP? UA 1K
can't answer that until we know what the program is for 2012 -- it may be none of the above.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 12:39 am

Programs: MANY
Thanks, but still wondering about CO plats. Do they become 1K's in the new program? CO plat is 75 EQM, UA 1K is 100 EQM. Or will they simply just go by EQM total for the year.

Reason I'm asking is say I do a status match/challenge to CO plat. I get that late 2011. What am I for 2012? UA EP? UA 1K
No, so far it seems that a new UA level will be created. No Plats will become 1K without flying 100K, or without buying mostly premium fares.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
I just flew my flight that got me > 35K BIS miles on CO metal (I also had some other EQM bonuses, a few US Air Flights, etc.)

From what I read of challenge terms and this forum I will get SWUs, etc., within a few days. Will I get another set with the 2012 credentials?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by PersonalFlotationDevice
I just flew my flight that got me > 35K BIS miles on CO metal (I also had some other EQM bonuses, a few US Air Flights, etc.)

From what I read of challenge terms and this forum I will get SWUs, etc., within a few days. Will I get another set with the 2012 credentials?
No, SWUs are earn upon achieving requirements. To earn SWUs (GPUs) in 2012 you will need to achieve 100K EQMs in 2012.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Has anyone tried to begin a status challenge since the Sept 21 changes? I had sent in a request to [email protected] on Sept 20 and did not hear back. Also sent Direct message to @United on Twitter.

Currently DM on Delta and due to move and new job need to defect to United.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: Southwest AList, National EC Exec, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz 5S
Exclamation

Originally Posted by SolanaBeach
Has anyone tried to begin a status challenge since the Sept 21 changes? I had sent in a request to [email protected] on Sept 20 and did not hear back. Also sent Direct message to @United on Twitter.

Currently DM on Delta and due to move and new job need to defect to United.
I sent in an email for a status match to Premier status on Thursday 9/22 at 1pm EST and have not heard anything back yet. Also, I frantically check the site every day to see if my status changes to anything but "Member." No luck so far

Then again, the status match webpage does indicate 7-14 business days, so that's a timeframe of 1.5 to 3 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.