Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Status Match [Merged Threads] (Updated 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Status Match [Merged Threads] (Updated 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
+1

Last year, I tried to do a status match from UA to CO.. They told me that they will not match a pax from one Star Alliance airline to another Star Alliance airline..
It is only possible to status match from one *A to another is via corporate status match.

Of course this requires the company you are employed with that offers this.
2010 corporate status match forms can be found here from expedia:
http://media.expedia.com/media/ads/E...tch%202010.pdf

This form contains all the airlines that can be status matched up to 1P (no 1K)

You'll need to know your company's UCS Corporate number, sales person, etc.

For the record, I got status matched to 1P from Asiana Diamond recently.

Last edited by jumbo_cards; Jan 12, 2011 at 5:37 pm Reason: fixing url
Old Jan 14, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
My friend just status-matched from DL to UA. His email states:

"*Qualifying flights: Purchased flights operated by United, United Express, Continental or Continental Connection (Since October 1, 2010). Flight(s) must be a United flight number. Flights on other airlines do not
qualify for this offer. Flights on United that have a partner's codeshare
flight number do not qualify for this offer.
"

The Flight(s) must be a United flight number contradicts somewhat with the flights operated by Continental part. If he books and flies a CO-operated flight with a CO flight number, does that mean it doesn't count towards the challenge? Or is that last part just remnants from the old wording when CO flights weren't included in the mix.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:16 pm

I am currently doing the 90 day status match challenge. Does anyone know if I book a $250 flight and use a $200 e-certificate, will the segments count for the status match? I've received conflicting answers from different UA MP Customer Service Agents.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ramblers63
I am currently doing the 90 day status match challenge. Does anyone know if I book a $250 flight and use a $200 e-certificate, will the segments count for the status match? I've received conflicting answers from different UA MP Customer Service Agents.
I used an e-cert for a flight during my status match a couple of years ago and it counted. Don't see why it wouldn't - it's considered a revenue ticket, not an award ticket (like you'd have with DL's miles+cash tickets, for example).
Old Jan 21, 2011, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I used an e-cert for a flight during my status match a couple of years ago and it counted. Don't see why it wouldn't - it's considered a revenue ticket, not an award ticket (like you'd have with DL's miles+cash tickets, for example).
Makes sense to me, but i've now called 3 times - two supervisors have said no and one supervisor said yes. ICC of course, even on the "elite" customer service line.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewT84
My friend just status-matched from DL to UA. His email states:

"*Qualifying flights: Purchased flights operated by United, United Express, Continental or Continental Connection (Since October 1, 2010). Flight(s) must be a United flight number. Flights on other airlines do not
qualify for this offer. Flights on United that have a partner's codeshare
flight number do not qualify for this offer.
"

The Flight(s) must be a United flight number contradicts somewhat with the flights operated by Continental part. If he books and flies a CO-operated flight with a CO flight number, does that mean it doesn't count towards the challenge? Or is that last part just remnants from the old wording when CO flights weren't included in the mix.
I don't think it's really contradictory. It seems clear that you have to book under a UA flight number. But maybe I'm misunderstanding you're question.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Dl dm to ua 1k?

Is it true that Delta DM will get a matching to 1K?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Soros
Not sure DL DM is included but see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...an-2011-a.html
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA-1K/Life UC, AA-EXP, AF-Plat
Originally Posted by Soros
Delta PM and DM will be matched to 1K, with 90-day probation.
(At least, PM is mentioned. So why not DM?)

For a few years till 2010, UA matched from other *A elites but not this year.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
do i earn swu for a 1k match?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 6:25 pm

premier exec elite status match 90-day qualification

quick question on status matching (apologies if this was already asked!) --

hypothetically, if I apply and qualify for the status match next month on April 15th and the 90-Day Qualification period ends around July 15th. If I complete the 17,500 mileage requirement after July 1st (before July 15th), would I qualify for premier exec status until Feb 2013?

Or does it start on the date of approval meaning I would only qualify for elite status until Feb 2012?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA MP
Did the DL to UA 1P status match last year. Very happy I switched, I just wish they offered the 1K match 6 months sooner! Oh well, the race to 1K this year continues.

The one thing that was slightly perturbing about the status match was when I flew ORD-DUB-BOS and none of it counted because it was on Aer Lingus. It's not like United serves this route, I booked the flights on united.com, why shouldn't it count?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:16 am

premier exec elite status match 90-day qualification

apologies if this has already been answered, but posted in the united status match thread, but didn't get it answered...

hypothetically, if I apply and qualify for the status match next month on April 15th and the 90-Day Qualification period ends around July 15th. If I complete the 17,500 mileage requirement after July 1st (before July 15th), would I qualify for premier exec status until Feb 2013?

Or does it start on the date of approval meaning I would only qualify for elite status until Feb 2012?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:49 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by jglenn16

In mist of doing the challenge myself

Pretty sure the original offer said end of Jan 2012. But, you are well on your way to flying 50K during 2011 to qualify for next year

EmailKid, almost 10K into the challenge
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:38 am

Your challange would START before June 1st, so the status is good only until 2/2012.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.