Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Status Match [Merged Threads] (Updated 2010)

Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

I found this address in the Status Match Thread:

Mileage Plus Service Center
Attention: Premier Status Match
P.O. Box 28870
Tucson, AZ 85726

Is it still valid?

What should I send, will be a copy of my Gold Medallion Delta card enough? I don't receive paper statements.

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:08 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Airline Programs
Email is the BEST

I did email to [email protected]

sent ur Mileage Plus #.
a screenshot of your account summary showing your status.
Thats it.

Today less than 24 hours before i was exec plat.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

thanks! sounds easy
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1P, NW Gold
My friend was asked for the copy of Delta Gold card, Delta's 12 months history printout and MP#.

Last edited by globusa; Feb 1, 2007 at 6:24 pm
Old Mar 14, 2007, 9:13 am

Transferring Frequent Flyer Status

A question for the United folks. I currently live in ATL, and as such have flown almost exclusivley Delta (silver medallion). I 'm currently considering a move to DEN and would likey switch to a United customer as DEN is a hub. How would my FF status transfer (would it?), earned miles (doubt they would), etc. Thanks for any insight.

Brad
Old Mar 14, 2007, 9:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
You won't be able to transfer any of your earned/redeemable miles but United does do status matching up to the Gold (Premier Executive) level. they won't status match you to 1K (or platinum) level. You should contact mileage plus customer service at 800-325-0046 to find out what may be available to you.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 9:30 am

This thread should tell you everything you want to know: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9558

For UA use this contact: [email protected]

I just received a status match from UA to 1P based on my CO Gold.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 7:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plt, Marriott Gold
United Status Match

Hi,

I decided to get a status match (or challenge as it sounds llike they are doing) from United on Thursday and I e-mailed [email protected] with a copy of my US Plt card and a screen shot of my login page on the US website. I haven't heard anything back from them and wanted to ask everyone if this was normal or not?

It sounds like a number of people said it just took 1 day to hear back (one person said only 4 hours).

I am doing 1 Europe trip and 1 RTW in the next 90 days, so the challenge is not a problem at all.

Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2007, 8:14 am

Programs: United GS 1MM, WN A-List, Marriott LTPPE, CLEAR
It took them a week to get to me
Old Sep 15, 2007, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by xman712
Hi,

I decided to get a status match (or challenge as it sounds llike they are doing) from United on Thursday and I e-mailed [email protected] with a copy of my US Plt card and a screen shot of my login page on the US website. I haven't heard anything back from them and wanted to ask everyone if this was normal or not?

It sounds like a number of people said it just took 1 day to hear back (one person said only 4 hours).

I am doing 1 Europe trip and 1 RTW in the next 90 days, so the challenge is not a problem at all.

Thanks!
Count me in the four hour group. I emailed today c. 11 am and have already been assigned Premier Exec status. I"m an AA EXP so PE will be a step down - but its far better than nothing.

Very impressed so far.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 5:12 pm

Programs: VX, UA 2P
Do any other FF programs allow status matches for MP members?
Old Sep 15, 2007, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Yes, see the thread linked above..
Old Sep 15, 2007, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by gleff
Yes, see the thread linked above..
However, that thread has some mistakes, at least w/regard to AA:

American

American will consistently match United status to equivalent level up to mid-tier (Platinum). They are quirkier about matching status from other carriers. Sometimes they'll offer Gold status. Sometimes they'll just ask you to complete a challenge (miles flown in 90 days). Sometimes they'll offer Gold status and a challenge for Platinum.

AA very, very rarely offers a direct match but rather requires the challenge.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 3:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I just status matched...it took about 35 mins before I received a response from the service director.

I have to fly 12.5M BASE Miles - not EQM's - in 90 days in order to keep the status until Feb '09.

M
Old Sep 21, 2007, 4:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Score8
I have to fly 12.5M BASE Miles - not EQM's - in 90 days in order to keep the status until Feb '09.

M
I hope you meant 12.5K , otherwise you better get flying real quick!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.