FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Status Match [Merged Threads] (Updated 2010)
Old Aug 7, 2010, 3:24 pm
geclub1

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
only AA Gold Lifetime Gold right now.
Had a corporate status match form from UA given from corp. travel.
Seems like UA is designated carrier. Would like to have the highest level possible. Right now got 5K miles booked and will have another in November.
Might wait until next year though.
From what I read about UA's corporate match program,
If you submit your corporate match form from 7/1/10 till 6/30/11, your matched status will be good until Jan 2012.
AA Gold is matched to 2P. Anything higher is matched to 1P.

Also, corporate match program does NOT have the challenge component.

Originally Posted by donlind
My wife and I have been looking into coming over to UA from DL. As a DL silver, she applied for a Premier match by e-mail this week and was approved within 24 hours. She must fly 7.5 K miles within 90 days to maintain status until 2012.

As a Delta gold, I'm probably going to apply for an Executive Premier match, which requires 15k miles in 90 days to maintain status through the end of 2011. I have to wait a few days before applying to be sure known trips will get me to 15K within 90 days.

Everything I've been able to read suggests UA does not offer a 1K match. If that is not true, and if 1K is seen as equivalent to DL platinum, I would be tempted to stick with DL this year and seek a 1K match early in 2011.
Just as you said yourself, UA does not match to 1K. You will only be matched to 1P. You will have to earn 1K the normal way.

Even when you request matching in early 2011 (in fact anytime before 6/30/11), your status will only be good until Jan 2012. If I were you, I would submit the request when I have the 15k miles in 90 days planned. Matching is pretty fast, from 2 days to 5 days. The 90-day period starts the moment they approve your request.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 7, 2010 at 3:48 pm Reason: merge/edit