Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2009, 5:49 am
Moderator: Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
3MM is a ridiculous quantity - in anyones language. Its 30 consecutive years of being a 1K'er. And while some of the advice on this forum have said "set your expectations low...", I can tell you that if I had flown 3MM on UA, I would expect a call from Tilton himself, GS and RCC for life and a never ending supply of SWU's.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 7:04 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by eightblack
3MM is a ridiculous quantity - in anyones language. Its 30 consecutive years of being a 1K'er. And while some of the advice on this forum have said "set your expectations low...", I can tell you that if I had flown 3MM on UA, I would expect a call from Tilton himself, GS and RCC for life and a never ending supply of SWU's.
+1

What you get out of UA's MM program is individualy measurable. What you put in to the MM program is easily measurable. That's a whole lotta BIS time, and in my opinion, way too little reward is offered at that threshold.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 2:46 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
What's with all the complaining? Lifetime 1k ,Lifetime RCC, FREE ipod, and 99% good service and appreciation even when you book unbelievably low fares and get upgraded with one of your free upgrades.......and no charge for luggage,priority boarding,no change fees on award tickets etc ..etc ...etc..! I mean what is that you are expcting? All this from a group of employees that have had numerous pay and benefit reductions,not to mention a vanished pension. No complaints here my friend.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:36 pm
tyc

Programs: UA GS MM
Thanks guys for your kind words. Nice to meet people and be in a community of supportive people. Now that I found this, I will be back often to get travel tips and advises. Or simply read stories of fellow travellers. Thanks:
Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Got my 2 year end SWUs ^

Very nice and am looking forward to the annual 6 in the new year to go with the current hoard! They will come in very handy in 2010 since I have lots of TATL trips as well as trips to Brazil planned.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K - MM, Starwood-Platinum, Hilton-Gold
add one here too. made 1M a couple of years ago. Also i am one of the few that makes 1k every year flying only domestic. i think most of the 1Ks fly international flights.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA Lifetime Gold
getting close to 2MM

Just found this thread and first post in several years. I can't remember when, (sometime in the mid '90's), I hit 1MM, but do remember the package I received from UA. It had a diploma looking certificate acknowledging the 1MM milestone, (does anyone actually put something like this on their office wall??), and the best 'gift' a CD of George Gershwin music!!! Last thing I wanted to hear was the UA theme music!

I am presently at 1.896M miles so will hit 2MM sometime this year If I stay with UA. With the new co-pay upgrade system, and my employer requiring discount economy tickets, (90% to Japan from west coast), upgrading becomes very prohibitive...(most upgrades will cost me $250-$500 and miles, on top of a typical fare of $1200. I am looking to move to AA agaain, (have about 1MM BIS with them from several years of forced AA travel via a corporate deal).
Old Dec 30, 2009, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by tyc
Thanks guys for your kind words. Nice to meet people and be in a community of supportive people. Now that I found this, I will be back often to get travel tips and advises. Or simply read stories of fellow travellers. Thanks:
we just want some of your SWU
Old Dec 31, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Finally

Made it somewhere over the Atlantic on way to IAD on 17 Dec. Bought chocolates for flight and cabin crew. They looked after me very well, and offered me a bottle of wine which I could not take due to not wanting to check in my roll away.
Just one question, when do the extra annual 2 x swu post for being a million miler?

Happy New Year
Old Dec 31, 2009, 6:26 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Trappy
Made it somewhere over the Atlantic on way to IAD on 17 Dec. Bought chocolates for flight and cabin crew. They looked after me very well, and offered me a bottle of wine which I could not take due to not wanting to check in my roll away.
Just one question, when do the extra annual 2 x swu post for being a million miler?

Happy New Year
It is an extra annual 2 x CR1s, not 2 x SWUs, and they post on January 1. Congratulations on crossing the 1MM mark.

Last edited by danville 1K; Dec 31, 2009 at 6:33 am
Old Dec 31, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Made 1MM earlier this year, working on 2 now - with only about 10 international flights in the mix in that first million, and no coast-to-coasts.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 4:11 pm
Moderator: Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by JCDennis
Made 1MM earlier this year, working on 2 now - with only about 10 international flights in the mix in that first million, and no coast-to-coasts.
Man, I have the utmost respect for you. I simply couldn't imagine doing 1M BIS nearly all via domestic.

I am exactly the opposite. 95% of my BIS with UA has all been long haul, with at least 50+ trips between MEL/SYD and the West Coast and maybe half that between SIN and SFO/LAX.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K

Tally: as of post 353 (12/30/09) we have 190 MMers reporting in this thread (including a few work colleagues of members).
Of those, 23 are 2MMers or above, with one of them an 8MMer.
You can up that number by one.

[Done, and updated through post #361. Thanks to the new contributors to this thread and welcome, all, to MM status. Ocn Vw 1K, Mod. ]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jan 2, 2010 at 10:13 am Reason: Pls. see above.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA-PLT(2MM), MC-Prem PLT, IHG-Spire
Add one more for me!
Old Jan 2, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: United 1k, United Million Mile Flyer
1.3M for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.