Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2009, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by sfoiad guy
Passed my million miler threshold a month ago but no recognition nor welcome package yet. :-|
"....There is no doubt that you are one of our very best customers, and we sincerely thank you for your loyalty to United. We will continue to make every effort to exceed your highest expectations every time you fly with us.

With your new Million Mile status comes some well-earned perks. You'll be receiving with our compliments:

Three (3) systemwide upgrades immediately
Two (2) confirmed regional upgrades at the end of every year
Lifetime Premier Executive status in our Mileage Plus program
View your Premier Executive benefits

Of course, as you are currently a 1K, you will retain that status if flight requirements are met each year. Your member kit is due to arrive in four to six weeks. If you have any questions regarding your status, visit united.com/elite or call 1-800-325-0046.

Once again, congratulations upon reaching this impressive milestone. It’s our privilege to serve you.

Continue to fly United and earn even more rewards!..."

This is the email I got from United after hitting the MM mark. I would check your upgrade balance to see if the 3 SWU's were posted to your account. It took about 5 days (the following Saturday) for them to post and I received an congratulations email about 12 days after hitting the million mile mark. Oh, is your email address correct on you MP profile?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:30 am
Moderator: Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Boarding Pass acknowledgement

I just passed my MM mark last week, between HKG and ORD (roughly 4010 miles out from HKG). I celebrated by keeping my mouth shut as I dont know whether to laugh or cry that I've spent that much time on UA metal.

Does anyone know if, after you pass the MM threshold, that your MM status is reflected on your boarding pass along with your MP status, or is it only on the manifest?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by eightblack
Does anyone know if, after you pass the MM threshold, that your MM status is reflected on your boarding pass along with your MP status, or is it only on the manifest?
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

MM status does NOT show on one's boarding pass.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 3MM, Lifetime 1K, Lifetime UC, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, CMEL pilot
Just found this website - amazing! I'm 1K MM with 1.95M UA miles flown. Will UA recognize me for 2 million miles flown on United iron next year?

Deek
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
Add another 1MM
Old Oct 15, 2009, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by deek
Just found this website - amazing! I'm 1K MM with 1.95M UA miles flown. Will UA recognize me for 2 million miles flown on United iron next year?

Deek
Yes, there is a 2MM and a 3MM reward.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0...tle=MMndBeyond

Two (2) Million Mile Rewards
Upon reaching two million United lifetime base flight miles on United and United Express, you are invited to enjoy these additional rewards:
Complimentary annual membership to the United Red Carpet Club for life
Your choice of an exclusive gift
Four (4) Systemwide Upgrades to use for a one-class, one-way upgrade on United or United Express flights to any destination we fly worldwide, subject to terms and conditions.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 3:30 pm

Programs: UAL 1K/1MM, Go Zags!
Reached 1MM on 10/9, IAD-LHR.

No welcome kit yet, but the SWU's already showed up.

I also crossed 1K on the same flight, four eyars in a row. Received a new 1K kit with an old 2009 card?

I assume new cards issue after the first of the year?
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Million mile flight - completely dissed, ga & fa's did nothing

After reading all the pleasant experiences from other UA members on crossing the MM threshold, I was looking forward to my long SFO/SYD flight on Nov 5.

I informed the GA at SFO that I would be crossing the MM on this flight, and hoped for an upgrade even if using a SWU. The upgrade process at SFO Int'l is always suspiciously non-transparent, as there are no UA monitors showing UG's and standbys in the system.

The GA's response? "So?" I had a printout of my account status from that morning, and showed her - she barely looked at it and said "you're not on the list, sit down".

I then informed the purser. His response? "I've never heard of that, are you expecting a bunch of free stuff"?

I told him he wasn't doing UA any favors with that kind of attitude.

So typical of these FA's.

In short, nothing was proffered and nothing was done.

I'm extremely saddened and shocked at UA.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 8, 2009 at 4:35 pm Reason: unnecessary
Old Nov 7, 2009, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by jimmc66
After reading all the pleasant experiences from other UA members on crossing the MM threshold, I was looking forward to my long SFO/SYD flight on Nov 5.

I informed the GA at SFO that I would be crossing the MM on this flight, and hoped for an upgrade even if using a SWU. The upgrade process at SFO Int'l is always suspiciously non-transparent, as there are no UA monitors showing UG's and standbys in the system.

The GA's response? "So?" I had a printout of my account status from that morning, and showed her - she barely looked at it and said "you're not on the list, sit down".

I then informed the purser. His response? "I've never heard of that, are you expecting a bunch of free stuff"?

I told him he wasn't doing UA any favors with that kind of attitude.

So typical of these FA's.

In short, nothing was proffered and nothing was done.

I'm extremely saddened and shocked at UA.
Welcome to my world

Relax, it isn't worth worrying about.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 8, 2009 at 4:34 pm Reason: quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Welcome to my world

Relax, it isn't worth worrying about.
Agreed 100%. Set your expectation low, and you will be pleasantly surprised!

Come in with a mindset of entitlement, and you will be sorely disappointed!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 6:51 pm
tyc

Programs: UA GS MM
New to the forum. Should have found it before... Just crossed 3MM end of Oct and received 4 SWUs 3 days later. No email, letter or call yet. Just an unevenful flight TPE-NRT-SEA-BOS. SEA-BOS was cancelled and was routed to DEN (last Thursday, when they were hit by 4' of snow!!???) Lucky enough to make the connections. Upgraded from E+ with SWU without special treatment or acknowledgement... It would be nice to have the flight plan as momento.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tyc
Just crossed 3MM end of Oct and received 4 SWUs 3 days later. Upgraded from E+ with SWU without special treatment or acknowledgement... It would be nice to have the flight plan as momento.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, tyc! And congratulations in reaching the 3MM mark. I hope United provides a suitable acknowledgement for this impressive demonstration of loyalty.

As you've probably read in this thread, many of us received congratulations and other nice gestures during our MM flights, but only because we let the flight crew know -- and because the flight crew cared enough to make it special. At least now you'll know to bring a print of your M+ account statement, and ask the pilot for the flight plan, when you reach the 4MM mark.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Oregonflyer
Add another 1MM
Congratulations, Oregonflyer! I hope it was on an interesting flight...But not too interesting, if you follow my meaning...
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:27 pm
tyc

Programs: UA GS MM
I did mentioned that over several occasions with 1K desk and As at check in and RC in trying to confirm my UG. It would be a bummer to have flown that journey in E+. No special considerations, just stay in the waitlist till things get cleared... I did not expect any special treatment on flight, so did not mentioned it to the FA. Happened to get a pretty bad crew too. The pursur happened to be taking my mail order and serve dinner from NRT to SEA. She simply told me that I did not get my first choice on dinner and was later corrected by the other FA that they still have one Japanese mail available... I did not expect special treatments, but (almost) not getting my first choice on meal was the first in my past 20 years of travel. And it has to happened on that flight, let alone Champagne and words of kindness.
I am not mad, just dissappointed that it was not a more relax (confirming UG) and enjoyable (on flight) flight. It was just the draw of my luck, I have had way better experience in the past on some other ordinary flights meeting great and exceptioner UA personnels.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
It would be nice if the flight crew and ground agents made a big deal out of it without the passenger having to say anything. If they really appreciated loyalty, they would do this. They don't because the mileage programs are all managed by a bunch of marketing geeks trying to figure out how to maximize revenue over the next quarter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.