Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:42 am

Smile Something Different

Only two more flight to my million! Will hit the mark on 25 Sept 09 UA #208 ORD-MCO. Was thinking about doing something a little different? I was thinking about having the whole flight celebrating this milestone with me. I know this can get a little bit expensive as there are 144 passenger seats, 4 FA's and 2 Pilots (Not including jump seats). Still I was thinking about maybe getting individually wrapped cookies or mini candies and handing them out on the plane. Does anyone else have any other ideas or suggestions? Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:52 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I received my MM welcome kit yesterday (9/19), so about 3 weeks after hitting MM; the SWUs posted about 10 days after. Not bad, really. The drink chits have a 12/31/10 expiration date.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 2:38 pm

1 more to the list.

SFO to ORD Flt 134 9/20/2009
Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, Marriott Titanium & LT Platinum, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Just hit 1MM last night from ORD to SNA. Now on to 2MM for the free RCC.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:24 am

Just made the MM mark on 9/25/09 on UA #206 ORD/MCO. I had brought chocolates for the GA's & FA's for the flight and let them know, I need 466 miles for the Million mark. The GA's were nice and comped an upgrade to 1st class. While I was enjoying a pre-departure cocktail, a FA informed me the Captain wanted me to see him in the cockpit. The Captain and F/O were great! I was told they would record the time and location when I crossed my MM.

During the flight, the FA's were wonderful! They kept offering me anything I could want, including any of the snacks in coach. All of a sudden, the Captain made an announcement of the flight's current position. He also announced my name saying I had just crossed my MM with UA. Received congratulations for other passengers.

At the end of the flight, I received a nice Malbec to take with me. The Captain presented me with the flight plan with the time and location of my million mile which was N 3436.2/ W 844.0 at 1431 Zulu (60 miles N/W of Atlanta at 10:31 EST)
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by northsideguy
Just made the MM mark on 9/25/09 on UA #206 ORD/MCO. I had brought chocolates for the GA's & FA's for the flight and let them know, I need 466 miles for the Million mark. The GA's were nice and comped an upgrade to 1st class. While I was enjoying a pre-departure cocktail, a FA informed me the Captain wanted me to see him in the cockpit. The Captain and F/O were great! I was told they would record the time and location when I crossed my MM.

During the flight, the FA's were wonderful! They kept offering me anything I could want, including any of the snacks in coach. All of a sudden, the Captain made an announcement of the flight's current position. He also announced my name saying I had just crossed my MM with UA. Received congratulations for other passengers.

At the end of the flight, I received a nice Malbec to take with me. The Captain presented me with the flight plan with the time and location of my million mile which was N 3436.2/ W 844.0 at 1431 Zulu (60 miles N/W of Atlanta at 10:31 EST)
Wow a first class experience for sure. Good for you. The sores on your bum for the roughly 2000 hours or 83 or so days you spent up in the air deserves something memorable like this.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:15 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by northsideguy

emphasis mine: now that is way cool^
Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:40 am

Programs: UA LT GS/5MM, DL 3MMGold, HHDia, HyattGlob, IHG Spire Amb, Marr Plat/LTG, SPG LTP
2 million earlier this year.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: UA1K 2MM and more
Talking Hit 1 Million Miles Yesterday

UA 37, MCO to SFO on a 752 in 5C. I'm at 1,002,938 lifetime and 112K even for the year. Between *A and other carriers I figure I'm closer to 1.2 or 1.3 million but have now crossed the fabled BIS milestone on UA metal. In total it took me 11 years.

I only needed seven miles to crack 1M so I didn't have to ask the Captain to let me know where 1M would be.

Captain Zogg and the crew were nice. The purser even gave me my first set of United wings. <lol>

Sadly it was a 6am flight so I slept most of the flight and then worked a bit. A typical flight for me.

While I don't post much, I do find Flyertalk to be integral to my flying life so thanks to everyone. I don't have goals of getting to 2M but my guess is it will happen since I do love what I do.

Finally, IIRC, there's a way to get United to send you a printout of all your flights. Does anyone have information on that?

Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Congratulations!

Originally Posted by dawg1k
IIRC, there's a way to get United to send you a printout of all your flights. Does anyone have information on that?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ght=purge+data
Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:44 am

Programs: UA1K 2MM and more
Thanks mahasamatman! That's the post I was thinking of.

Follow up: spoke to Mileage Plus for "purge data" report and they said two weeks to get it. At first she said no way. Then asked for a "legal reason", then after a few minutes on hold she said I should get it in two weeks.

Last edited by dawg1k; Oct 7, 2009 at 10:15 am Reason: Additional data.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Wow, I cannot wait. I am about 50K to meet the 1MM, but haven't been travelling enough. a mileage run to get me to 1K for this year and next and I should make it sometime next spring. Let's hope it is still there!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Wow, I cannot wait. I am about 50K to meet the 1MM, but haven't been travelling enough. a mileage run to get me to 1K for this year and next and I should make it sometime next spring. Let's hope it is still there!
I am sure MM is still there, the question is whether UA still is
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am about 80K away but looks like next week i will be out of a job. So close yet so far. Lets hope next job lets me fly and use UA so i can cross the threshold. if not will take a little longer on all personal travel. At least will be 1K again next year.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:32 pm

Programs: AS Gold75, UA 2.7mm Plat, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium & Life Plat+
Late

Passed my million miler threshold a month ago but no recognition nor welcome package yet. :-|

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.