Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The People Mover /ATS, O’Hare’s (ORD) shuttle train, to close until Fall 2019

E to C gate shuttle discountinedMCT Feb 2021 from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .50 1.15 1.30 1.30
OFFLINE .50 1.15 1.30 1.30
** OR * ARE ALL

UA-UA DD .45 AUA - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 DUB - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 1 - 2839 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 3160 - 6384 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 SNN - ALL
UA-UA DD .40 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 1 - 2839
UA-UA DD .40 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 3160 - 6384
UA-UA DD .35
UA-UA DI .45 AUA - ALL
UA-UA DI .45 DUB - ALL
UA-UA DI .45 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DI .45 SNN - ALL
UA-UA DI .40
UA-UA ID 1.30 GRU - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 HKG - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 MEX - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 MTY - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 PEK - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 PVG - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 SIN - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.20
UA-UA II 1.30 GRU - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 HKG - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 MEX - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 MTY - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 PEK - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 PVG - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 SIN - ALL
UA-UA II 1.20
older MCT ORD MCT data - Sept 2016

Archive: Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Is this tomorrow? Arrival C23 and departure from F25 (which could change several times over) but that’s about as far of a walk as is possible for a domestic transfer on UA - I would say 20 minutes if walking normally. You’ll arrive in Terminal 1 at ORD and depart from Terminal 2. When you go through the tunnel, be careful to follow the signs to Terminal 2 and F concourse - do not exit the terminal as the two terminals are connected.
It's Saturday 8/27. Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Is this tomorrow? Arrival C23 and departure from F25 (which could change several times over) but that’s about as far of a walk as is possible for a domestic transfer on UA - I would say 20 minutes if walking normally. You’ll arrive in Terminal 1 at ORD and depart from Terminal 2. When you go through the tunnel, be careful to follow the signs to Terminal 2 and F concourse - do not exit the terminal as the two terminals are connected.
I found this map, I'm guessing we land in C, take the tunnel ( Secure walkway) and then a right and follow the B gates until we take another right to F gates ? Thanks

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly.../maps/ord.html

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 23, 2022 at 9:16 pm
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I found this map, I'm guessing we land in C, take the tunnel ( Secure walkway) and then a right and follow the B gates until we take another right to F gates ? Thanks
There'd be one additional turn in there -- a left near the end of the B gates next to a Starbucks. Follow the signs for the F concourse in Terminal 2.

That said, the information you were given was for tomorrow's flights. United uses gates in B and C concourses in Terminal 1 and E and F concourses in Terminal 2. Your gates won't be known until the day of travel -- and even then, they can change while you're in the air from MSP to ORD. It's quite common, in fact -- they tend to juggle gates until the very last minute at large airports, particularly hubs.

Rather than trying to worry about a specific set of turns, just check (a) the United app -- in-flight wifi should be available on MSP-ORD, and you can access the United app for free; (b) the departure monitors at ORD; and (c) the overhead signage, which is actually pretty good at ORD.

You won't have time for a leisurely breakfast, but you can absolutely make that flight if your MSP flight is even approximately on time.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I found this map, I'm guessing we land in C, take the tunnel ( Secure walkway) and then a right and follow the B gates until we take another right to F gates ?
Down into the neon tunnel across from the food court
Right at the dinosaur
Left at Starbucks
Right into the glass walkway
Right at Butch O'Hare's dive-bomber
Right at Starbucks
Left at McDonnald's (E-gate would be right)

No more than 20 minutes
Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by jsloan
There'd be one additional turn in there -- a left near the end of the B gates next to a Starbucks. Follow the signs for the F concourse in Terminal 2.

That said, the information you were given was for tomorrow's flights. United uses gates in B and C concourses in Terminal 1 and E and F concourses in Terminal 2. Your gates won't be known until the day of travel -- and even then, they can change while you're in the air from MSP to ORD. It's quite common, in fact -- they tend to juggle gates until the very last minute at large airports, particularly hubs.

Rather than trying to worry about a specific set of turns, just check (a) the United app -- in-flight wifi should be available on MSP-ORD, and you can access the United app for free; (b) the departure monitors at ORD; and (c) the overhead signage, which is actually pretty good at ORD.

You won't have time for a leisurely breakfast, but you can absolutely make that flight if your MSP flight is even approximately on time.
Originally Posted by LarryJ
Down into the neon tunnel across from the food court
Right at the dinosaur
Left at Starbucks
Right into the glass walkway
Right at Butch O'Hare's dive-bomber
Right at Starbucks
Left at McDonnald's (E-gate would be right)

No more than 20 minutes
Thanks, I paid for the flights using miles so I upgraded us from row 27 to row 10 ( which appears to actually be row 7) for about $90 for 2 seats...............This will get us off the plane faster.
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 12:11 am

Looking at what feels like a ridiculous connection time and wondering if it's actually feasible - 1h21 min connection international-Canada (pseudo-domestic?). Best I can tell I'll definitely be required to reclear security as the inter-terminal busses aren't running. Would be flying an "all J-all UA" itinerary and have AC G* and NEXUS if that helps at all?

If the flight is not delayed, but I can't make my connection due to security lines, would UA still be obliged to re-accommodate me on another flight? (I'm pretty sure it would have to be the next day based on schedules.) I recognize the hotel would definitely be on me unless the original flight was running late, I just want to be sure I'm not stranded there if I can't catch the flight due circumstances not within the airline's control (nor mine).
Old Sep 9, 2022, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Looking at what feels like a ridiculous connection time and wondering if it's actually feasible - 1h21 min connection international-Canada (pseudo-domestic?). Best I can tell I'll definitely be required to reclear security as the inter-terminal busses aren't running. Would be flying an "all J-all UA" itinerary and have AC G* and NEXUS if that helps at all?
All connecting passengers on inbound flights from a non-preclearance airport will have to go through security.

If your origin has pre-clearance (DUB, SNN, NAS), that's an easy connection. If not, it's tough, and the inter-terminal buses wouldn't help you anyway -- they take people from the domestic terminals to the international terminal, not vice-versa.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

If the flight is not delayed, but I can't make my connection due to security lines, would UA still be obliged to re-accommodate me on another flight? (I'm pretty sure it would have to be the next day based on schedules.) I recognize the hotel would definitely be on me unless the original flight was running late, I just want to be sure I'm not stranded there if I can't catch the flight due circumstances not within the airline's control (nor mine).
With no checked bags and Global Entry / TSA pre-check, that should be fine to connect. Otherwise, it is going to be tight.
I haven't used "Nexus", so no idea how much quicker that gets you through Immigration.

United should get you to your final destination even if the reason for you missing the flight is security and/or immigration lines....assuming this is all on one ticket?
Old Sep 9, 2022, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
With no checked bags and Global Entry / TSA pre-check, that should be fine to connect. Otherwise, it is going to be tight.
I haven't used "Nexus", so no idea how much quicker that gets you through Immigration.

United should get you to your final destination even if the reason for you missing the flight is security and/or immigration lines....assuming this is all on one ticket?
NEXUS gives you GE and TSA pre-check, and I would definitely be travelling carry-on only. Also all on one ticket. So it sounds like tight, but possible. Thanks! In Before Times I wouldn't have hesitated, now I'm just so out practice.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: UA MM
NEXUS gives you GE and TSA pre-check, and I would definitely be travelling carry-on only. Also all on one ticket. So it sounds like tight, but possible. Thanks! In Before Times I wouldn't have hesitated, now I'm just so out practice.
With NEXUS and carry-on only, probably not a big deal to make that connection.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
With NEXUS and carry-on only, probably not a big deal to make that connection.
Agreed. Connection should be fine then. Great to get "back in practice"!
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:18 pm

To follow up, was comfortable enough, though I had to override/ignore all red coat helpers who kept saying I couldn't use NEXUS to access Global Entry. This is not true. NEXUS absolutely provides GE.

If my flight hadn't been early and I'd been going to a C Gate, that'd be iffy.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To follow up, was comfortable enough, though I had to override/ignore all red coat helpers who kept saying I couldn't use NEXUS to access Global Entry. This is not true. NEXUS absolutely provides GE.

If my flight hadn't been early and I'd been going to a C Gate, that'd be iffy.
Great, and thanks for reporting back!
Old Sep 19, 2022, 10:20 am

Transit time Chicago (ord)

Has anyone transited Chicago lately? Have 1 hr 37 mins in January coming from Paris. Is this cutting it too close?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Connecting from Paris flight to a US domestic flight I figure?

Do you have global entry? Are you checking bags?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.