FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Sep 9, 2022, 6:30 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Looking at what feels like a ridiculous connection time and wondering if it's actually feasible - 1h21 min connection international-Canada (pseudo-domestic?). Best I can tell I'll definitely be required to reclear security as the inter-terminal busses aren't running. Would be flying an "all J-all UA" itinerary and have AC G* and NEXUS if that helps at all?

If the flight is not delayed, but I can't make my connection due to security lines, would UA still be obliged to re-accommodate me on another flight? (I'm pretty sure it would have to be the next day based on schedules.) I recognize the hotel would definitely be on me unless the original flight was running late, I just want to be sure I'm not stranded there if I can't catch the flight due circumstances not within the airline's control (nor mine).
With no checked bags and Global Entry / TSA pre-check, that should be fine to connect. Otherwise, it is going to be tight.
I haven't used "Nexus", so no idea how much quicker that gets you through Immigration.

United should get you to your final destination even if the reason for you missing the flight is security and/or immigration lines....assuming this is all on one ticket?