Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Post in the thread with a comprehensive summary of best E+ seats

This thread is about the 2-class pmUA 767-300. Link to the 3-class pmUA 767-300 thread.
and the newest 763 config discussion is in 767-300 v3 -- Polaris seat

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
A lot of people are reporting issues with the seat maps right now. I wouldn't make any assumptions based on what you are seeing right now.

-David
Good point. I was looking at a flight in june, and I was unable to see the seat map on united.com, but I could on the app. However, it could still be a newly configured 767, but not sure...keep watching the website as I will post the new configuration once I find it out.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP , Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
A lot of people are reporting issues with the seat maps right now. I wouldn't make any assumptions based on what you are seeing right now.

-David
I thought the same thing. But I called the 1K line(or shall I say the premier line and they actually answered) and the agent confirmed that it was indeed a 2 cabin airplane she didn't know anymore than that. I asked a lot of questions and didn't really get any answers. She didn't know and assumed it was a PMCO airplane. I told her that it must be a reconfigured PMUA airplane and she didn't know what I was talking about. She said PMUA doesn't have 2 cabin INTL planes. We shall see what happens. I picked this flight simply to have a 3 cabin airplane as it was the only 3 cabin airplane to AMS. The seat map shows flat bed seats with a row in the center and two seats on each side.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by C5Driver
I thought the same thing. But I called the 1K line(or shall I say the premier line and they actually answered) and the agent confirmed that it was indeed a 2 cabin airplane she didn't know anymore than that. I asked a lot of questions and didn't really get any answers. She didn't know and assumed it was a PMCO airplane. I told her that it must be a reconfigured PMUA airplane and she didn't know what I was talking about. She said PMUA doesn't have 2 cabin INTL planes. We shall see what happens. I picked this flight simply to have a 3 cabin airplane as it was the only 3 cabin airplane to AMS. The seat map shows flat bed seats with a row in the center and two seats on each side.
defiantly not a PMCO airplane as it is a 767-300. Probably a reconfigured bird, but that is what I am guessing.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:04 pm

Do you know if they will also be putting the flat bed seats in the United 767-300's that fly from the West Coast to Hawaii? They still have the awful seats in first class that hardly recline at all and no foot rests!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by abouna
Do you know if they will also be putting the flat bed seats in the United 767-300's that fly from the West Coast to Hawaii? They still have the awful seats in first class that hardly recline at all and no foot rests!
Please Use the website that is posted above that i created that tells which specific aircraft that will get that specific update as well as the Unite Airlines Fleet Update thread as that is a central place where fleet info such
as this.

To answer your question, yes they will all 767-300s have and will recover lie flat seats.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by C5Driver
I thought the same thing. But I called the 1K line(or shall I say the premier line and they actually answered) and the agent confirmed that it was indeed a 2 cabin airplane she didn't know anymore than that.
At this point, their systems are so screwed up, I don't put a lot of faith into that info, but sure, keep watching it.

I don't think you will know for sure until they start rolling out the reconfigured PMUA 763s if you are going to end up on one or not.

Are they still selling F seats and C seats on that flight? I will check EF.

update: they aren't selling F on it, J9/C9/D0/Z0/Y9/B9/M9/...
Evidence at this point shows you might be correct about it being 2-class for now. Or, they aren't sure, so they aren't selling F for now.

-David
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP , Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Plat, Global Entry
Those airplanes will get new seats but likely a good deal of those 767s will get redeployed to other more profitable routes and you'll see more narrowbodies to Hawaii at least from the West Coast.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:40 pm

coach is truncated. goes to row 41, row 42 a&b only.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
All of our ghetto-birds (763s) will be receiving the CO lie-flat seats up-front, as well as nose-tail AVOD & power. Not sure if they'll still be used on the SFO/LAX/DEN-Hawaii runs, though. Another thread is talking about the CO 737s that are creeping into the Hawaii schedules
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:51 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
All of our ghetto-birds (763s) will be receiving the CO lie-flat seats up-front, as well as nose-tail AVOD & power. Not sure if they'll still be used on the SFO/LAX/DEN-Hawaii runs, though. Another thread is talking about the CO 737s that are creeping into the Hawaii schedules
Not confirmed, but rumor has it that many of the west coast to Hawaii routes will be replaced with the 753s when the 767s are deployed on international routes with higher yields than the Hawaii routes.

The 753s or the 737s do not have the legs to fly DEN-HNL, so that route naturally will continue to see some variant of the 767.

Also, the domestic 777s will probably continue to do a bunch of HI flying as well.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Not sure if they'll still be used on the SFO/LAX/DEN-Hawaii runs, though.
I'd say pretty likely that they won't be. 737s from the coast, and the high density sCO 2-class 767s to/from DEN.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Not confirmed, but rumor has it that many of the west coast to Hawaii routes will be replaced with the 753s when the 767s are deployed on international routes with higher yields than the Hawaii routes.

The 753s or the 737s do not have the legs to fly DEN-HNL, so that route naturally will continue to see some variant of the 767.

Also, the domestic 777s will probably continue to do a bunch of HI flying as well.
It is confirmed 4 out of the 6 LAX-HNL are to be operated with sCO 753s, 1 sCO 738, and 1 sUA 752. DEN-HNL can be flown with a 757, I believe sUA at one point flew DEN-HNL with the ETOPS 757. Domestic 777s will continue to be flown ORD-HNL/OGG and SFO-HNL as the domestic 777s also fly HNL-GUM, GUM-NRT.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FortFun
and the high density sCO 2-class 767s to/from DEN.
UA has already subbed out the sCO 76H for the sUA domestic config 763 starting in June. Additionally, I just saw that they are subbing out the 763 for an sUA domestic config 752 starting 14 August. 7 hours and 21 minutes on a narrowbody with domestic FC. Not fun.

Hey, can a fully loaded 757-200 take off from DEN or will it be weight-limited? I know DEN has long runways and the 752 is overpowered, so perhaps so. DEN-HNL is a bit shorter of a flight than some of the transatlantic routes that gave the 752 trouble this past winter so perhaps I'm worrying about nothing.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:48 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
It is confirmed 4 out of the 6 LAX-HNL are to be operated with sCO 753s, 1 sCO 738, and 1 sUA 752. DEN-HNL can be flown with a 757, I believe sUA at one point flew DEN-HNL with the ETOPS 757. Domestic 777s will continue to be flown ORD-HNL/OGG and SFO-HNL as the domestic 777s also fly HNL-GUM, GUM-NRT.
True, but I think this route can support the 76H. Only time will tell. Also, I'd rather if the DEN-HNL flight gets the 777 and the 76H goes to ORD. ORD-HNL is too long in a regular domestic F seat

A fully loaded regular 757 [with more seats than the CO 757s] can do this route in the winter without any weight penalty westbound? Well, a 753 could do IAH-ANC, so I guess the answer is yes.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
I believe sUA at one point flew DEN-HNL with the ETOPS 757.
I know they have used the PMUA 752 seasonally on DEN-OGG, so DEN-HNL is almost identical (+100 miles). Seasonally it's been 752 and 763.

Jose, what have you heard about sfo-ogg?

The 738s don't have the capacity to replace all the 763s, the 753s, unfortunately, do.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.