Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Checkin on UA ticket but first flight not UA operated? Who/Where/BPs/Bags? {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Checkin on UA ticket but first flight not UA operated? Who/Where/BPs/Bags? {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:47 am

Thanks, all. Re the MAA-JFK-ORD-SFO-MAA flights, I looked at the receipt on United.com and it specifies one bag only. All the flights have UA numbers, even the ones on Lufthansa. Bummer. But does the fact that I was promised two bags throughout the UA ticketing process, including in the confirmation email, give me any ethical standing to approach UA? If so, any suggestions? Is it better done by email or phone? Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter
Checking in on a codeshare, E+ seats

Hi,
I will be travelling YXU-YYZ-IAD in the next month. I purchased the ticket on UA.CA and the first leg is a codeshare flight, operated by AC (but a UA flight number). What is the best way when checking in to get E+ seats? Can I only do it at YYZ? And as it is a codeshare flight, do I check in on UA or AC online website?

I am E50K with Air Canada (*G).

Also it is my understanding that *G gets only one checked bag, and this privilege is not extended to other people on my ticket, even if it is the same PNR.

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
You can buy E+ at any time prior to departure. You will not receive E+ complimentary unless you're at the gate with no seat assignment and E- is full.

Checkin with the operating carrier of your first segment; AC in this case.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Bag benefits should be available to each person on the PNR.

Check in with AC....UA.com will not allow you to check in when a partner is operating the first leg.

As mentioned, no non-UA elites get free E+, unless you get lucky at the gate. If you want E+, you have to buy it - this can be done on the UA site anytime. Just go into your reservation to select seats, and the price will be displayed as you roll over E+ seats on the seat map, and you'll be charged after you make your selection.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:11 pm

Are there any other benefits as *G? And what about a lounge at MCO. I know AC doesn't have one/or easy access to one.

First leg will be domestic (US-US)
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:24 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by PilotTobe
Are there any other benefits as *G? And what about a lounge at MCO. I know AC doesn't have one/or easy access to one.

First leg will be domestic (US-US)
As *A always got access at IAH when flying to YYJ via SFO.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Are there any other benefits as *G? ....
Just standard *G benefits plus premier boarding as BG2
And what about a lounge at MCO. ....
Non-UA *G have UC access on domestic flights. AC and UA use the same main terminal at MCO but seperate remote terminals so there is no air side access from AC gates to MCO's UC.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Just standard *G benefits plus premier boarding as BG2
Non-UA *G have UC access on domestic flights. AC and UA use the same main terminal at MCO but seperate remote terminals so there is no air side access from AC gates to MCO's UC.
Good to know. Is there any priority screening lines for me (In Canada I get priority through *G).

And how long do I need at MCO for a 9am departure on a Friday morning?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:09 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Good to know. Is there any priority screening lines for me (In Canada I get priority through *G). ....
That is standard for *G in *A.

... And how long do I need at MCO for a 9am departure on a Friday morning?
Without PreCheck? --- Non-PreCheck can be ugly at MCO. Tons of leisure infrequent travelers.

This site might help http://www.ifly.com/orlando-internat...ort/wait-times but I would allow at least 30 minutes for TSA.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: United, American, Singapore Air, Southwest
Checking in for award travel

I have an upcoming flight with Asiana out of LAX that was booked on my United account using my UA miles. I have a United booking number for this flight. Do I do on line check at the United site or do I need to go to Asiana?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kenlawdavis
I have an upcoming flight with Asiana out of LAX that was booked on my United account using my UA miles. I have a United booking number for this flight. Do I do on line check at the United site or do I need to go to Asiana?
You always check in with the operating carrier. In this case - Asiana. Somewhere you should be able to find the Asiana confirmation code - look for "additional confirmation numbers" when you view your reservation.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
And in case it isn't obvious - go to TBIT at LAX, not the United terminal.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
You always check in with the operating carrier. In this case - Asiana. Somewhere you should be able to find the Asiana confirmation code - look for "additional confirmation numbers" when you view your reservation.
What he said!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jmanirish
And in case it isn't obvious - go to TBIT at LAX, not the United terminal.
Tom Bradley International Terminal, in case the OP didn't know the local lingo (since his/her location is in AZ)
Old Dec 17, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: OnePass
Check-in with United on codeshare LATAM flight

We are flying SCL-LIM-EWR under one reservation booked on united.com. The first leg SCL-LIM is codeshare on LATAM. The second leg is UA metal. Both are in economy.

Can we check-in at SCL at the United desk or do we have to go to the LATAM desk? We are checking bags. MP Gold if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.