Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Then really you should write an official complaint to United. It takes minimal work for a FA to give a snack box and it does not come out of their salary.
Thank you! That’s what I was confused as well. I have always had positive experience requesting BOB items, and honestly don’t think it was that much of an extra task for FA. She literally said something like it was such a short flight (~2 hours, above the 1.5-hour cutoff) why I needed to eat... Maybe she was having a bad day... Anyway thanks again for your advice!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by bdw1120

Thank you! That’s what I was confused as well. I have always had positive experience requesting BOB items, and honestly don’t think it was that much of an extra task for FA. She literally said something like it was such a short flight (~2 hours, above the 1.5-hour cutoff) why I needed to eat... Maybe she was having a bad day... Anyway thanks again for your advice!
Ironically, on short UAEX flights when I've requested a snack box, the FA has been happy to get one. Even when in FC in a E7x when they're just passing around a snack basket, I've been able to get a snack box.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
1k benefits on TPAC/TATL flight??

Are there any 1k benefits for international flights over and above those in regular economy. Everyone gets a meal and beverage. Everyone gets a snack. Anything extra for 1k??

Last edited by bballdad175; Apr 24, 2019 at 5:47 pm
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bballdad175
I’m curious. I mostly fly international in E+ but I had a few recent domestic flights. On the domestic flights I was greeted and thanked for my business and offered my free drink/snack box.

I dont get that at all on my international flights. ,,,,

You should for all UA operated routes
One way that we're enhancing the inflight experience for our most frequent flyers is by offering MileagePlus members with Premier® 1K® status free alcoholic beverages and snacks in United Economy®. If you’re a member with Premier 1K status, you'll receive one free alcoholic beverage and one free Choice Menu food item when traveling in United Economy on any United- or United Express®-operated flight system-wide, subject to availability on your flight.

See our Inflight Beverage Selections for a list of all of our available non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages. Please note that customers can request any alcoholic beverage except half-bottles of premium wines (375 mL). All Choice Menu options, both Snack Shop and Bistro on Board items, are included.
Note this was not true at the initial rollout which was just all USA/North American routes, but it was quickly changed to system-wide --
postscript -- Where complimentary meals in economy is offered, the snack boxes / Bistro are not offered, so 1K benefit in not that different from the rest of the economy passagers. (ULH flights have extra snacks)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 24, 2019 at 10:40 pm Reason: postscript
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You should for all UA operated routes

Note this was not true at the initial rollout which was just all USA/North American routes, but it was quickly changed to system-wide
Also some flights to asia don’t have the snack box at all.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by getagb

Also some flights to asia don’t have the snack box at all.
Are there any TPAC and TATL flights from west coast that have snack boxes? Been on SFO TPE/HKG/PVG and FRA in the past year and have never seen it available.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Where complimentary meals in economy is offered, the snack boxes are not offered
But for an 1K, you should get complimentary meals or comlimentary snack boxes / Choice Bistro (assuming the flight is long enough)

United Economy dining options by routes
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Huh, I guess I never stopped to consider, but I suppose that means HNL-GUM gets nothing free in Y, whereas HNL-MAJ has a meal service.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Huh, I guess I never stopped to consider, but I suppose that means HNL-GUM gets nothing free in Y, whereas HNL-MAJ has a meal service.
Noting for the purposes of this thread topic, UA states 1K/GSs get free access to Choice items systemwide (limited to flights with Choice Menu items), that would include HNL-GUM. But for the rest in economy, nothing free.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: UA PG, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by bballdad175
Are there any 1k benefits for international flights over and above those in regular economy. Everyone gets a meal and beverage. Everyone gets a snack. Anything extra for 1k??
Free alcoholic beverage. Practically they give more than just 1 in my experience
Old May 6, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
On flights where there are no choice meal's available (shorter flights), i've had the first class snack basket brought back to economy and offered to 1K/GS. However, on a recent flight this was not done.

Have I just been lucky in the past or was this an FA error?
Old May 6, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by 100% Green
On flights where there are no choice meal's available (shorter flights), i've had the first class snack basket brought back to economy and offered to 1K/GS. However, on a recent flight this was not done.

I believe the FA was going above and beyond to bring you first class snack basket.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
On UA2035 EWR-DEN now, no hot food loaded, only snack boxes. I wanted to try the chicken tinga tacos but ended up with the pedestrian tapas box. Will see what the GS desk can do for comp.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC

You got nice/above an beyond FAs with over-catered snack baskets. Lately (especially for flights returning to the hub, and even more so on UAEX) the baskets have been pretty sparse from the time they leave the galley, much less by the time they get to the back of the F cabin -- I think my last flight there may have been one lonely bag of pretzels and a few napkins left when the seep through the cabin was done.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA

I've seen the FA offer hot muffin/scones to GS/1K in Y, somehow he stopped 4 rows before he got to me though. He did not run out as I could see people declining and him putting extras away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.