Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:40 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by ermintrude
I'm at 100% (maybe 60 legs on many routes with food so far in E+ this year). I've never had to show my 1k card - just occasionally boarding pass. If you purchase, keep the receipt then email 1K voice with receipts attached. 100% you will be refunded and you should receive an e-cert and also make other 1K lives easier as the FA(s) will be re-trained (couldn't think of a nicer way to say re-trained).
How much comp have they typically given you on top of the refund?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Originally Posted by helvetic
How much comp have they typically given you on top of the refund?
I've never had a need to complain on this front so you are best trawling through previous posts on this thread to get an idea on what $ ECT to expect. I'm guessing $50-$75.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
I've actually never had issues with this, but I also don't order alcohol on my flights (just food). Just have screenshot of my 1k card on my phone.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:54 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
So again I had to ask. DEN to LGA, FA asked if I wanted something to drink, handed me a bag of snack mix. I said, as a 1K do I get something to eat?. He replied, I don't know I have been on vacation, and with that he ran up to FC and asked the FA. He came back and said yes, what would you like? I understand that programmed into their phones or pads or whatever they have they are suppose to have a list of some kind. Neither FA in Economy had a phone or pad to tell them anything Pretty lousy, but they don't seem to care or ensure they have the information they should have.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:01 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by sfo
So again I had to ask. DEN to LGA, FA asked if I wanted something to drink, handed me a bag of snack mix. I said, as a 1K do I get something to eat?. He replied, I don't know I have been on vacation, and with that he ran up to FC and asked the FA. He came back and said yes, what would you like? I understand that programmed into their phones or pads or whatever they have they are suppose to have a list of some kind. Neither FA in Economy had a phone or pad to tell them anything Pretty lousy, but they don't seem to care or ensure they have the information they should have.
Your post is confusing. Did the FA want to charge you for the snack mix? It's not stated there if he did.

The rest of your post I pretty much agree with.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:18 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
No, he didn't, its the "new snack mix" in economy that's complimentary. I gave it back to him as it's not the type of snack I eat.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:00 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Had a pretty good experience with this last night flying PDX-SFO (had switched to the flight close in and the upgrade didn't clear with me at #2 and my +1 at #4—no big deal, we got an entire row of Y+).

FAs gave out the free snack mixes, but were interrupted by turbulence. After the bumps passed, they did drink service. I got my buffalo trace + soda and tapas box. Never asked for payment, but never acknowledged as a 1K either. Just handed me what I asked for and moved on.

Works for me… but more impersonal than my previous experiences with the program.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by ermintrude
I'm at 100% (maybe 60 legs on many routes with food so far in E+ this year). I've never had to show my 1k card - just occasionally boarding pass. If you purchase, keep the receipt then email 1K voice with receipts attached. 100% you will be refunded and you should receive an e-cert and also make other 1K lives easier as the FA(s) will be re-trained (couldn't think of a nicer way to say re-trained).
I'm at 100% as well (so far) and on my way for 1K requal so I have enough flights to validate the stats.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: OVER ENTITLED United 1K 2MM HHonors Diamond ICH Club Platinum Marriott Gold
$25

I have one data point on getting a credit from 1k voice.

I was told by a flight attendant that I had to choose 1 free drink or 1 free meal. As I had already bitten into the sandwich and opened the drink, I had to pay for one.

Even when I showed the policy on my phone to the flight attendant, she argued and said that is not what they had been told, so I paid the $8.99 for the sandwich.

I wrote 1K voice and provided the receipt. They gave me a travel voucher for $25 (not $50 or $75 as others have suggested).

I am fine with the $25, but I would rather they just train their people already. I've had to show the policy to a F.A. about 20% of the time (they insist it is one OR the other food or drink). Only that one time did they refuse to honor the policy after I showed them, but it is still annoying to have to do this.

Sail a Nacra
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:57 am

I'm also at 100%. Each time the FA seems to just know I'm 1K. I think their new iPhones have a seat map showing the location of 1Ks. The pair ahead of me on a flight last week had switched places and confused the FA.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by atword
I'm also at 100%. Each time the FA seems to just know I'm 1K. I think their new iPhones have a seat map showing the location of 1Ks. The pair ahead of me on a flight last week had switched places and confused the FA.
Most of them now look ahead of time and know or write down the 1K GS Seats, except for heavy routes like SFO-ANYPLACE then I think they just give anybody whatever they want because its just easier.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
On RJ from CLT to EWR today and am in economy. Do I get a Sammie and a beer? Or just the snack basket?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by manstein58
On RJ from CLT to EWR today and am in economy. Do I get a Sammie and a beer? Or just the snack basket?
No snack basket in economy.

You will have a choice of an alcoholic beverage and any one snack item on board. Probably a choice of snack boxes, a can of Pringles, a pack of cheese and crackers, etc.

I don't believe there will be sandwiches / fresh items on that flight.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by goodeats21

You will have a choice of an alcoholic beverage and any one snack item on board. Probably a choice of snack boxes, a can of Pringles, a pack of cheese and crackers, etc.

Depending on the crew, there's a chance they won't bring out the snack cart at all. In that case, just ask the FA for the snack you'd like (and be prepared to show them you're a 1K).
Old Oct 29, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by goodeats21

Nothing offered

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.