Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Silver Status - Experiences/Q&A {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2024, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is United Silver Status - Experiences/Q&A

Qualification Requirements

PQM: 25,000
PQS: 30
PQD: $3,000*
4 flight segments on UA or United Express

*PQD requirement is waived if either of the two conditions are met:
1. With $25k spend on across Chase UA Visa cards where the MileagePlus member is the primary cardholder
2. MileagePlus member is a current, primary cardholder of United MileagePlus Presidential Plus Card

Marriott Titanium members also receive complimentary Premier Silver Status

Published Benefits

Complimentary Access to Economy Plus: At check-in
Economy Plus companions allowed: 1
Complimentary Premier Upgrades: Yes
Complimentary Premier Upgrades for companion: Yes
Complimentary Premier Upgrades confirmation: Day of departure
Instant upgrades on Y- or B-class full-fare economy tickets
500 PQM minimum accrual: Yes
Award miles on United and United Express and select partner airlines: 7 x fare
Priority check-in: Yes
Priority screening: Yes (where available)
Boarding group: 2
Priority baggage handling: Yes
Dedicated phone line: Yes
Access to most sold-out flights: Yes
Complimentary checked baggage allowance for domestic economy tickets: 1 bag at 50lbs (23 kg)
Unrestricted access to Standard Awards on UA and UX: Yes
Better access to Saver Awards: Yes
Booking a MileagePlus award ticket by phone: $25
Close-in ( T-24)?
A: Yes (it may appear to want to charge you but it should not

Q: What are the odds I will get a CPU?
A: Sadly, much lower than you probably want to believe. There seems to be slightly better odds on typical vacation routes--e.g., CUN, MCO, FLL, etc.

Q: I checked in exactly at T-24, and my name was #1 on the upgrade list. A few hours later, I'm suddenly #10 on the list! What gives?
A: This post gives a good explanation why. Basically, those with higher upgrade priority checked-in after you, and they be placed above you on the upgrade list. The harsh reality is that you only have priority only above non-rev travelers.

Q: I'm Marriott Titanium Elite, how do I get my Premier Silver status?
A: Go to https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/

Q: If I requalify as a Marriott Titanium Elite, do I have to renew my complimentary Premier Silver status every year?
A: Yes

Q: How can I get a United MileagePlus Presidential Plus Card?
A: Sorry, it is no longer offered.

Q: I qualified for Premier Silver this year (2016). The expiration date on the app says 1/31/2017. Shouldn't it be 1/31/2018?
A: The expiration date will automatically update to 2018 in 2017.

Print Wikipost

United Silver Status - Experiences/Q&A {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:58 am

I tried searching with no luck and read through about 30 pages of this thread and can't find the answer. I'm traveling with 3 non-status people currently on the same reservation IND-IAH-HNL, I have silver status, thanks to Marriott. I'd really to have economy plus for my husband and i, if available of course, because one of the flights is 8 hours. If i split the PNR, will everyone still get a free bag? Could someone advice the best way to do this? Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by lisa3635
If i split the PNR, will everyone still get a free bag? Could someone advice the best way to do this?
Most importantly, you do not need to split a reservation to select E+ seats for eligible passengers on the same reservation and leave others in E-. As a Silver, you won't be able to select E+ until check-in. At check-in it should ask to split the reservation only because of any potential upgrades for IND-IAH for you and a designated companion.

My general opinion is that the splitting effect is getting "better" regarding maintaining the benefits for those split away from the Premier member, but it still glitchy. My recommendation is to print out the ticket receipt and highlight the section on "Baggage allowance and charges for this itinerary" and be ready to show it to the agent at check-in.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by YadiMolina
Most importantly, you do not need to split a reservation to select E+ seats for eligible passengers on the same reservation and leave others in E-. As a Silver, you won't be able to select E+ until check-in. At check-in it should ask to split the reservation only because of any potential upgrades for IND-IAH for you and a designated companion.

My general opinion is that the splitting effect is getting "better" regarding maintaining the benefits for those split away from the Premier member, but it still glitchy. My recommendation is to print out the ticket receipt and highlight the section on "Baggage allowance and charges for this itinerary" and be ready to show it to the agent at check-in.
Thank you so much!
Old Nov 1, 2023, 1:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This is an archive thread, the active thread is United Silver Status - Experiences/Q&A

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 13, 2024 at 11:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.