Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by TomMM
Installed the updated App last night and this issue seems to have been fixed.
Not for me. And I was told UA was working on a fix. (btw, the "cure" is to close the app and reopen it)

I'm not sure which is buggier, the app or the website. Usefulness of both continues to decline as they focus on graphics and marketing over functionality.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For me the issue has gone away with the update. I actually found an “easy” way to restore the functionality without restarting by logging into my MP account. After logging in I could go to the book page and continue my searching. This is on an iPhone with the latest version of ios.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA
One thing I have noticed about the United "app" is that when the phone is set to use 24-hour time, the app still uses 12-hour time format. Typically an app follows the time format the phone is set to. Not a massive issue but I did find where you can report a bug so I did fill that in and send it. If anyone else notices this please submit one too so that they can see we'd like it fixed.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yesterday I flew EWR-MXP. While inflight I changed the time zone on my iPhone to MXP time which was the next day. I then noticed that the Status for My flight displayed the next day's EWR-MXP flight.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:26 pm
ml1

Programs: UA GS
What happened to the ability to add update notices for flights? I usually add my wife's flights so I know if anything has gone awry. I just tried it and the the slider is gone.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ml1
What happened to the ability to add update notices for flights? I usually add my wife's flights so I know if anything has gone awry. I just tried it and the the slider is gone.
I was nosing around in this thread because the push notifications sliders have also disappeared from my wife's account on her phone. They are still there on my account. Any thoughts on how to get her the sliders back would be appreciated.

UPDATE

I just upgraded my phone the other day. It is running Android 9 and the sliders are in the app. Checked my old phone (Android 6), my wife's phone (Android 6) and her tablet (Android 7). All three of the older ones are missing the sliders. Just thought I would share the intel.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 6, 2019 at 8:37 pm Reason: merged update / consecutive posts by same member
Old May 7, 2019, 6:05 am
ml1

Android 9 here.
Uninstall/reinstall "fixed" the problem.

Last edited by ml1; May 7, 2019 at 6:07 am Reason: added android version
Old May 7, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ml1
Android 9 here.
Uninstall/reinstall "fixed" the problem.
Yeah, worked on all our devices, too. Thanks.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:52 am
ml1

Originally Posted by Michilander
Yeah, worked on all our devices, too. Thanks.
I figured it would. I've always hated the reinstall answer to problems.
Old May 23, 2019, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Any idea how to view the UG list for tomorrow? My PNR from today is the one on the home screen so I can’t get to a trip details page to view the UG list for tomorrow. Already flown the flights but tomorrow’s trip isn’t on the home screen yet.

If I select the PNr from the my trips page all I can do is view trip options or view reservation. But those subsequent screens do kotbhave an option to view the UG list. Any tips?
Old May 23, 2019, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Flight status. Pick tmws flight and then view the ug list.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aacharya
Flight status. Pick tmws flight and then view the ug list.
Perfect thanks
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Not sure if this is the best thread to post this on. My wife and I flew to SJC-GDL-SJC last week on AS (we have a run of trips on AS coming up but that's another story). This trip was listed on my wife's UA app, how is that? It didn't list the flight on my app. I have never had it list a AS flights before or for that matter any thing else but other *A carriers. Just FYI she did book her flight independently from me, and there were NO connecting or lead in UA flights (or *A) at all associated with the itinerary. .
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:01 pm
ml1

Originally Posted by nomad420
Not sure if this is the best thread to post this on. My wife and I flew to SJC-GDL-SJC last week on AS (we have a run of trips on AS coming up but that's another story). This trip was listed on my wife's UA app, how is that? It didn't list the flight on my app. I have never had it list a AS flights before or for that matter any thing else but other *A carriers. Just FYI she did book her flight independently from me, and there were NO connecting or lead in UA flights (or *A) at all associated with the itinerary. .
It's possible to get notified for *A flights by checking flight status and choosing a different airline. Did she somehow manage to enter an AS-SQ codeshare flight number?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ml1
It's possible to get notified for *A flights by checking flight status and choosing a different airline. Did she somehow manage to enter an AS-SQ codeshare flight number?
I have checked for *A flights so I am aware that you can do this. As far as entering a AS-SQ codeshare number I am unsure, it was booked through her corporate travel department and they do stuff and get away with things that at times amazes me. I was just surprised to see she was getting alerts about her AS flight through the UA app?

Last edited by nomad420; Jun 7, 2019 at 3:21 pm Reason: syntax error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.