Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Recently I tried to open offine an itinerary I was currently flying to get the LH conf # and got a message that I was offline. Could have sworn I was able to do that before. Ended up looking at the outbound LH BP in the wallet and got what I needed.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's a new one. Not sure if this is an app or website issue though. From the app I selected Status Tracker and after entering my username and password the following was displayed. I was able to view my status tracker by refreshing the page.

Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Just updated and the Boarding Pass design changed. Not sure if i like it 😢
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: United Global Services
I’m not a fan of them removing the PQD tracking from the mystatus once you’re above the 15000K mark.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by GK_ORD
I’m not a fan of them removing the PQD tracking from the mystatus once you’re above the 15000K mark.
Ugh, and looks like they did it pretty sloppily, there's a big open space for it.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Can anyone post a [redacted] screenshot of the redesigned boarding pass?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by mdbe
Just updated and the Boarding Pass design changed. Not sure if i like it 😢
On Android, I've been using the old app since the "reimagining" and have not had any issues. Not sure how long this respite will last, but something to consider if it's an option for you.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM GS, Delta Skymiles Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by villox
Ugh, and looks like they did it pretty sloppily, there's a big open space for it.
Why remove this, so useful.....
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rieuwa
Why remove this, so useful.....
And they’ve also removed the PQD graph from the premier status tracker website that the app links you to. This is really dumb.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 3:30 pm

So on today's flights I've been getting an 'Unable to connect to Media Network' when clicking Wi-Fi & entertainment from the main menu - also when clicking the 'Entertainment' icon from the main screen. I deleted the app & re-downloaded between flight 1 and flight 2 but still to no avail on my iPhone. Fully able to log on via HP laptop. Any ideas what I need to do on my iPhone?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
So on today's flights I've been getting an 'Unable to connect to Media Network' when clicking Wi-Fi & entertainment from the main menu - also when clicking the 'Entertainment' icon from the main screen. I deleted the app & re-downloaded between flight 1 and flight 2 but still to no avail on my iPhone. Fully able to log on via HP laptop. Any ideas what I need to do on my iPhone?
Update... Through googling and United Hub, my attention was led towards the ‘Just for you’ area below the main page that also has an ‘Inflight entertainment’ button. When clicking on that, I was able to get to the Wi-Fi and entertainment sign-in page. After that, the paths from the main menu and the main page also worked again. Go figure!
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
This may be a known issue but the recent update didn’t fix it for me.

I have a multi multi segment and multi operator ticket booked through UA. I’m down to the last three segments and the first one of the remaining segments is SN coded and operated. The reservation pulls up just fine but when I click on “change seats” nothing happens. The screen flashes for a second and then stays where it’s at. Previously on this reservation I could click change seat and all segments would appear, obviously with “—“ for any of the non-UA segments.

Im guessing that since the first segment is not UA operated and it’s intra-Europe which means no seat selection that this is why it’s failing. It’s bogus though since my next segment is in Premium+ on UA and if a better seat opened I can’t get it.

Is it me? The app? I don’t have access to a computer on this trip but I assume I could change my seat there since you can view individual segments more easily.

Thanks,
-RM
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Love the new boarding pass design. Slick!
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by seanp7
Love the new boarding pass design. Slick!
Can you post a picture? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.