Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2021, 1:48 pm

The UA app does not recognize or scan "Next Generation" USA Passports. These are the newest style passports just released by the USA that have a plastic information page and different colors.

It is a huge frustration because I can't checkin online or via the app since my passport won't scan.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
has anybody used the new app functionality to notify if a seat of your choice opens for one of your bookings?
i didn’t even know that exists now, but kind of neat that UA has this in-house now. Though could make it even harder to move out of a middle seat now once this becomes well-known.

interestingly enough, TPG did a piece on this, but then very quickly pivots to basically ‘but use Expertflyer’, owned by their parent company, it’s better.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by ualboston1k
The UA app does not recognize or scan "Next Generation" USA Passports. These are the newest style passports just released by the USA that have a plastic information page and different colors.

It is a huge frustration because I can't checkin online or via the app since my passport won't scan.
I received the new passport in July 2021. The United app did not allow me to scan the passport so I called and talked to a CSR who said once in the 24 hour window of check-in, it will then allow the scan.

She was right !

The app accepted the scan when checking in for my September flight, and is now in my profile.

Good luck !
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by rucksack
How do folks here feel about this feature?
Could be a subscription service.

“For just $10/month, United will send you push notifications when window/aisle seats open up! Billed annually. ”

Time to buy UAL stock.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
[QUOTE=emcampbe;33796446]i didn’t even know that exists now, but kind of neat that UA has this in-house now. Though could make it even harder to move out of a middle seat now once this becomes well-known

any directions on how to use this new feature?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
[QUOTE=jimdarcy;33797782]
Originally Posted by emcampbe
i didn’t even know that exists now, but kind of neat that UA has this in-house now. Though could make it even harder to move out of a middle seat now once this becomes well-known

any directions on how to use this new feature?
have no idea - TPG article says they reached out to learn more about the feature and will update when they hear back. But maybe you have to be in a middle seat (and traveling without someone on the same PNR next to you) to activate?

also sounds like it’s not if the ‘seat of your choice’ opens up, but just if any window or aisle opens.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Sounds like this would affect those with Silver status the most. Since they need to wait until T-24 to change to econ+.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
[QUOTE=emcampbe;33798226]

have no idea - TPG article says they reached out to learn more about the feature and will update when they hear back. But maybe you have to be in a middle seat (and traveling without someone on the same PNR next to you) to activate?

also sounds like it’s not if the ‘seat of your choice’ opens up, but just if any window or aisle opens.
Very odd rollout of a pretty cool feature…no information or instructions.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Very odd rollout of a pretty cool feature…no information or instructions.
Beta testing at its finest.

David
Old Dec 26, 2021, 12:31 pm

How to view upgrade waitlist? Change clock trick not working on iOS

I'm trying to see where I'm at on the waitlist for a PlusPoint upgrade, but when I change the clock on my phone to be within 24 hours of departure, the Upgrades button is still grayed out on the Flight Status page. Any ideas? Is there another way to view the waitlist? My only other devices are an iPad and a Macbook Pro; no windows laptop.

The specific leg is UA 42, EWR-OGG, on Wed Dec 28. The fare codes say J9 PZ0 currently, and the seatmap makes it look like there are more than 9 J seats available. But I imagine there are probably a lot of GSs flying to Hawaii out of Newark with their family this time of year, and I have no status (the PlusPoints are coming from my dad's account, who is Platinum).
Old Dec 26, 2021, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by ravisurdhar
I'm trying to see where I'm at on the waitlist for a PlusPoint upgrade, but when I change the clock on my phone to be within 24 hours of departure, the Upgrades button is still grayed out on the Flight Status page. Any ideas? Is there another way to view the waitlist? My only other devices are an iPad and a Macbook Pro; no windows laptop.

The specific leg is UA 42, EWR-OGG, on Wed Dec 28. The fare codes say J9 PZ0 currently, and the seatmap makes it look like there are more than 9 J seats available. But I imagine there are probably a lot of GSs flying to Hawaii out of Newark with their family this time of year, and I have no status (the PlusPoints are coming from my dad's account, who is Platinum).
The workaround has been disabled by UA. No consumer facing waitlist view until a few days from departure.

Wednesday is Dec 29. If the flight is Dec 28, you should be able to view the list now, given today is Dec 26; if Dec 29, you should be able to see the waitlist after midnight.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 1:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This is an archive thread, the active thread is United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...)

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 10, 2024 at 2:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.