Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
“My Trips” is a mess

Currently, my active trips have the following issues:
  • A flight I have in August is at the top of the list, even though I have a ton of flights before that one
  • A flight I took three days ago still shows in the “Active” tab, not the “Past” tab
  • A flight I refunded still shows up in the Active tab
  • Several flights I’ve booked outside of the app, which have my MP# attached to them, don’t show up at all

I’ve tried logging out, reinstalling the app, and nothing helps.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 20, 2019 at 4:03 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by TommyC80
  • A flight I have in August is at the top of the list, even though I have a ton of flights before that one
  • A flight I took three days ago still shows in the “Active” tab, not the “Past” tab
  • Several flights I’ve booked outside of the app, which have my MP# attached to them, don’t show up at all

But just to clarify, you did see the credit card ad ok didn't you?

Yeah, I noticed odd things with it that just sort of defy any programming logic. If you are on Android you can find the old apk on many sites.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 20, 2019 at 4:04 pm Reason: quote updated to reflect Moderator edit
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
But just to clarify, you did see the credit card ad ok didn't you?

Yeah, I noticed odd things with it that just sort of defy any programming logic. If you are on Android you can find the old apk on many sites.
oh yeah - the ads are slick and work perfectly! I forgot to mention that my boarding pass disappeared from the home screen the other day too during the boarding process, which was fun!

Sadly I’m on iOS so I’m stuck with this until they fix it.

Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by TommyC80

I am having similar, maddening issues. Canceled trips show up as active. My current trip shows up on the “home screen”, but not under “my trips”. Things out of order. Different formatting for trip descriptions (some use city names, some use airport codes ). Trips I booked for others on my account don’t show here like they used to (and do on the website), etc etc etc.

This all used to work to astonishing perfection.

Agree that it is a total mess.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I apparently have one day left to reach my Mile Play goal that expired March 10.
(Today is March 21.)
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
THANK YOU United for fixing the biggest issue I had with the mobile app. The "Flight Status" list of current flights now only shows the flights you are booked on, not every single flight that was at one point in your reservation but may have been removed due to SDC, IROPS, etc. The list is much cleaner now and easy to use.

I'm not seeing any of the other reservation issues that people have noted above. Good luck.

-RM
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody encountered this?

Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by TomMM

yes, repeatedly.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's funny. I was about to post about that as well. I see it only when I change class of service from economy to either business or first. It does this to me. I'm on an iPhone.

Luckily I was able to book the fare I wanted via the website (which is also increasingly harder to use).

-RM
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: CX Gold
A naive question: how to manually delete subscribed flight status entries? I searched for the flight preceding mine, and accidentally turned on the Push notifications, which put it under "My flights" tab. However, I cannot find a way to remove it. Anyone has tried this before? Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
How does one know how old the displayed information is?
I recall the previous version stating something like: "UPDATED XX MINUTES AGO".

​​​​​​Now I can't tell when it last refreshed, and there seems to be no manual "reload" button.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by narvik
How does one know how old the displayed information is?
I recall the previous version stating something like: "UPDATED XX MINUTES AGO".

​​​​​​Now I can't tell when it last refreshed, and there seems to be no manual "reload" button.
On iPhone, dragging down on most screens cause a refresh. On flight status, I see a note at the bottom
"The information may change as a flight status changes. Last refreshed xxxxx"

Overall, App seems to be getting even more "buggy". I am now having random flights show up on flight status / My flights section...flights I have never booked nor even looked at.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee

yes, repeatedly.
Now it’s annoying. Got it for the first time yesterday and now I’ve gotten it multiple times today. And i can’t figure out how to clear it. Simply leaving the book tab doesn’t fix it.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now it’s annoying. Got it for the first time yesterday and now I’ve gotten it multiple times today. And i can’t figure out how to clear it. Simply leaving the book tab doesn’t fix it.
Correct. Once you get that broken screen you cannot leave the booking window and go back to it. You must force stop the app and re-start it.

The bug is 100% reproducable and happens whenever I change the class of service for the flights I want to book. If I leave it at economy/premium economy the booking tool works fine. If I change it to business or first then it's broken. At least you can still see business/first fares when booking economy but the fares shown are obviously economy and you have to hunt-and-peck each flight option to see the business/first fare.

-RM
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Installed the updated App last night and this issue seems to have been fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.