Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:18 pm

How does one remove a trip from the app? Before it is at the bottom of the reservation but now I can’t seem to remove it from the app?

(accidentally added a friend’s reservation while checking something for him and now I can’t remove)
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by seanp7
This isn't completely true. I was quite cynical at first but when you actually fly, I find that the new home screen is basically a one-stop shop for everything. I really like it now. It updates to Boarding after the push notification, and when you've boarded it changes to 'Boarded' and then current flight details are rapidly available. Today I checked a bag EWR-MIA and accessing the bag tracer from this home screen was swift - it showed that the bag had been scanned onto the plane, and updated to 'Carousel 2' on landing. When the bag actually started coming down the belt the status changed again to indicate this baggage belt scan and that it had arrived. ^

I understand some of the pages link to legacy app screens but the 'dynamic home screen' is a real winner for me (and looks good). Post #322 goes into even more details. Give it a go on your next flight!

P.S. the ads aren't bothering me; barely noticing them given my attention is now solely on the home screen status.
Was on a flight last night. My opinion still stands.
There is nothing on the new app I prefer.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
P.S. the ads aren't bothering me; barely noticing them given my attention is now solely on the home screen status.
The ads take up about a third of my home screen.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
The ads take up about a third of my home screen.
Then you don't have a flight in the next 24 hours. Doesn't bother me on the day of travel.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Then you don't have a flight in the next 24 hours. Doesn't bother me on the day of travel.
I did not like the day of travel display, either. You have to click twice to get flight status. While it's nice to have a home page BP link, they could have implemented that without making the graphics so annoying and making everything else difficult to see and find.

Bottom line is the old app was great, and the new one is just an enhanced vehicle for UA selling you more stuff.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I flew the SEA-ORD red eye Fri/Sat. The display with ON BOARD is still in the home display of my app. I’m pretty sure I’ve
disembarked as I’m sitting in my living room. Will this be there until I take my next flight?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by milepig
I flew the SEA-ORD red eye Fri/Sat. The display with ON BOARD is still in the home display of my app. I’m pretty sure I’ve
disembarked as I’m sitting in my living room. Will this be there until I take my next flight?
likely so as I logged out and in to clear that screen. What was worse is that it only showed my outbound not even my return trip. This in essence made access to my BPs a annoying. Even the menu tab doesn't even have a link for BPs.

What is odd is that the home page interface and trips interface is new but once in reservation it reverts to the old style. Kinda like the new website aesthetics over functionality.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
I can't seem to find my Mileage Plus E-card showing status - when I click on my status link it just says "welcome to Global Services". By looking at Mileage Plus am I looking in the wrong place? That is where I used to look to find it. Anyone can point me in the correct direction would be much appreciated - thanks!

Adam
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:05 pm

Was hoping they would finally have implemented a way to be able to see special meal preference in the app and be able to change it easily without having to call an agent .
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA, LH, BA
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Bottom Line: They have massively enhanced the advertising delivery functionality of their app.

Groundbreaking.
in other words, they are now just like Flyertalk? I rarely use adblocker in my browser, but I'm forced to use it... otherwise each Flyertalk page takes 10 to 20 seconds to load. (with adblocker turned on in my browser, each page takes less than a second to load)
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by geometry
in other words, they are now just like Flyertalk? I rarely use adblocker in my browser, but I'm forced to use it... otherwise each Flyertalk page takes 10 to 20 seconds to load. (with adblocker turned on in my browser, each page takes less than a second to load)
If I paid Flyertalk over $15,000.00 a year, I would be more annoyed by their advertising.

The United App knows I am a 1K, and spend serious $ with them every year. I don't accept them hawking E+ subscriptions.
United knows I have a United Club Membership. I don't accept them hawking Day passes on my screen...especially under a "Just for you" moniker.

The new app is not about making my "travel experience" better. It is about United wanting my eyeballs on their irrelevant marketing drivel.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
The United App knows I am a 1K, and spend serious $ with them every year. I don't accept them hawking E+ subscriptions.
United knows I have a United Club Membership. I don't accept them hawking Day passes on my screen...especially under a "Just for you" moniker.
I find it amusing that I get the offer to enhance my flight with an E+ subscription every time I book a trip while logged in..
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: United, Delta, AA, southwest
I'm 1K, have both Chase credit cards(explorer and Club) and get many adds for Economy+, the credit cards, and club membership. They need to redo the backend so the adds are relevant to the customer.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Bottom line is the old app was great, and the new one is just an enhanced vehicle for UA selling you more stuff.
Exactly. This isn't a customer-friendly enhancement at all - it's turning UA into a warped version of a telemarketer that ignores the Do Not Call Registry.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:58 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I hate change, sure, but wow, this is horrible. A bunch of ads for stuff I don't even need, and the stuff I do need is harder to find and access.

Wonder how hard it is to downgrade to the prior version?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.