Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I love the new upgrade. It’s a nice improvement. It’s very intuitive.
I agree, it is so intuitive that it tries to sell me a United Credit Card when I already have one.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Well, it doesn't suck any more than the previous version and with the way 'improvements' have been that's saying something.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
What's with the Inbox? It says it stores things like gate changes and other notifications but I've had several gate changes over the past 24 hours, but the Inbox is empty.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jimdarcy

can you add a reservation in the new app?
yes. I found it within 2 minutes of having the new app open. Tap on my trips at the bottom, it defaults to ‘active’ reservations (at least if you have one), and click the find reservation tab on the top right. Then you can find by PNR and last name, just like the old app.

Originally Posted by chebert999
No improvement at all here. All underlying functions are the same. As I am currently on a trip, instead of showing NRT to YYZ (the return portion) it shows Toronto to Newark (the first leg which I flew in january).
no better in the old app. In fact, sometimes when it refreshed, it changed back and forth in the summary between the outbound and return between the both. Example, I did CVG-BLR in Dec, returning from TPE. in the almost 3 weeks between, it usually still said CVG-BLR, including after all the outbound segments were flown and dropped from display. Sometimes it said TPE-CVG. After a check in snafu with ANA on the return (long story, basically my PE seat got dropped and separated from my family seating when trying to check on our lap infant, eventually got fixed with a sit reservation), the existing reservation said CVG-BLR, with the new split one displaying TPE-CVG. honestly, a low level priority for fix, IMO.

IME, it also sometimes shows just the connecting city in the summary instead of the destination - ie, CVG-DEN instead of CVG-SJC.

Originally Posted by halls120
This is exactly what I was afraid of. Someone said, "oh, it won't appear if you are logged in”
Your probably refering to me, and that’s not what I said. I said the current app (at the time) doesn’t do it, so they know how to make that work. Clearly, they can customize it, as I still see my personal mile play challenge on the screen, and I know that ads that had appeared while not logged disappeared when I had.

im currently seeing the ad for an Explorer small business card - definitely was t there yesterday. I personally don’t have an Explorer Card (I have a not available anymore Select, and a TravelBank Card), so even an Explorer personal card would be new for me. That said, the ad doesn’t take up that much space, and I’m smart enough to ignore it.

Originally Posted by Kacee
That is super obnoxious. I particularly dislike marketing for something I already have. They certainly have the data that would allow them to delete this from my home screen.
Above said, I completely agree. Any chance it is actuallly for a different version of the card (just curious). Like you have the personal card, but it’s for the small business version?

or something perhaps they just rolled out more genetically at the moment, but will customize when things settle with the new app.

Originally Posted by slippahs
Ouch my eyes! The credit card ad that wasn’t there earlier today is now on the home screen and on the MP Summary page. Sigh.
cmon, it’s not that bad. It’s 2019 - I’ve seen way more obnoxious ads than that. Didn’t they pull a US Air and put explorer ads on the tray tables, at one point? For example.

Originally Posted by raehl311
I have never found United to be particularly great at keeping all of their channels in sync... information seems to get to some channels faster than others and it is not consistent at all where you might find the latest information. (Well, other than the GA.)
agreed that different channels get updated at different speeds. Disagree that the GA necessarily has more up-to-date info. though. In fact, I often have updates push to me through the app or text messages before the GA knows, to the point where I’ll sometimes ask a GA about a new delay and have to show them before they know.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
It just installed on my phone today. Some annoying things (or things that I will have to get use to)

1. I keep clicking to the top right corner out of habit to access my BP, reservations, flight status
2. I keep swiping left to access my BP, flight status, etc and nothing happening.

I have a flight tomorrow with a stop but on the card, it only lets me access the first BP.
I have to go into flight status or reservation to get to the second BP. I assume after the first flight, it will show the second BP?
I know that often the app gets the timing wrong on when it decides to hide the BP or flight status
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:57 am

I'm also not able to remove flights from the "My Flights" section of Flight Status. I checked a few random flights out of curiosity. Now they are permanently showing on the "My Flights" tab of Flight Status even though I've disabled push notifications. There is no way to remove them. This is annoying.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by ualboston1k
I'm also not able to remove flights from the "My Flights" section of Flight Status. I checked a few random flights out of curiosity. Now they are permanently showing on the "My Flights" tab of Flight Status even though I've disabled push notifications. There is no way to remove them. This is annoying.
Submit a bug report in the United app, I submitted one and someone else here did as well. The more they get the bug report, it'll bring light to the issue.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:30 am

Found an annoyance/bug that I reported to them yesterday. If you access flight status using the button from your trip details screen, then check “where is this aircraft coming from?” the X in the upper-right corner of the screen goes away. I didn’t notice until I had scrolled back through three days of aircraft movements, then discovers that the only way to get back to the main screen was to hit the back arrow a hundred times until I finally got to the flight status for my flight, then I could close the status screen.

If you check flight status using the button on the bottom of the app, it works fine. It just seems to occur when checking flight status from the trip details window.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Now that I’ve checked in on the new app I’ve solved my “send to wallet” issue. From the checkin successful “send your BP page. You can swipe in the flight line and that opens the full pass with the link. Still an additional step but only one.

However, the login isn’t sticking again. I can set the timeout to an hour, which helps.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
I am getting significantly more "United data services are not currently available" messages than before. So annoying.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I had forgotten my apps auto-update on WiFi

When I pull up my digital MP card, it only shows the back on the card. How do I display the front of the card? (Android app)
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:58 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Repooc17
I had forgotten my apps auto-update on WiFi

When I pull up my digital MP card, it only shows the back on the card. How do I display the front of the card? (Android app)
Much discussed earlier. The front view is there but smaller than desired. A larger version should be available but for now the best workaround (if there are issues with the smaller version) is the triple-tap magnification which you may need to enable in the Andriod settings (under accessibility, vision option)
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe
agreed that different channels get updated at different speeds. Disagree that the GA necessarily has more up-to-date info. though. In fact, I often have updates push to me through the app or text messages before the GA knows, to the point where I’ll sometimes ask a GA about a new delay and have to show them before they know.
I suppose I should say the GA always has the most up-to-date info because the GA is the final authority that closes the door with me either on the plane or not.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
I should think after spending $30K+ a year and flying them 100k+ miles a year...it would be nice to not be harassed by obnoxious ads in the app. At least on a flight I have noise cancelling headphones to block out the FA announcements.
Clearly an overeager exec in their credit card department has much better influence than the folks in their app development team.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I cannot find the anywhere in the app where it lists my GPUs or RPUs. Is that missing or am I not looking in the right place?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.