Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by narvik
My main complaint is that v3.0.0 shows the city name only, and not the airport code under MY TRIPS without going into details (and only the city name on all PAST flights with no option for further details, although I believe PAST flights wasn't even available in the older version of the APP, or was it?).
Got it.

Past was never available in the older version of the app. =/
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by BThumme
Seems a lot like LH's new color.

I'm slightly above neutral. I'm really grateful all the functionality is still there, and I certainly understand why the changes were made that were made.
Maybe they can take the JV to the next step and have a single app
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:45 am

i hate how you can't scroll/swipe right to go back to the previous page / close an open screen.

seriously!??!?! LOL. #firstworldproblems
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
i hate how you can't scroll/swipe right to go back to the previous page / close an open screen.

seriously!??!?! LOL. #firstworldproblems
I recommend creating a shirt stating this complaint and the issue should be addressed promptly once you wear it on to a UA flight.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:55 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't like the home page. I know I'm flying Friday, you don't need to fill 2/3 of the screen with that. Also don't like nonremovable marketing at the bottom of the page, and can't minimize worthless "Mile Play" banner as could previously.

OTOH, I do like that it saves notifications.

Overall jury still out here.
Bolding mine: Completely agree!

Originally Posted by dkmatter
App is good but the MileagePlus Card display is worse. It's microscopic and then just blows up the back of the card when you click on it. Other airlines, particularly in places like China, don't know what 1K is. For lounge purposes the app should clearly show: Star Gold, Name, UA-number and the Expire date.

This is also a flaw in the iphone wallet pass which doesn't show star gold status.
Agreed that the MP card should show the front of the card and, at least for me on my ipad [but not my iphone], the MP card when tapped to enlarge has the bar code completely distorted/stretched and wondering if that won't be scanable-not that I would use my ipad to show my mp card as I would use my phone-just being a..

And at least for me on my iphone and ipad, I cannot sign in using touch I/D
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Ok, incredibly boring, but hit your little face tab at the top right and it pulls up your status, including *G. Agree that it should give the full card as an option. Simply stupid.
That's only if you're signed in or have an active WiFi connection. We all know when you are travelling overseas (or United WiFi is down on board and you're begging for your 1K free drink), that's not always the case

The MP card should be able to be enlarged, offline. I agree with you and other posters on this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by bman1002
I recommend creating a shirt stating this complaint and the issue should be addressed promptly once you wear it on to a UA flight.
will do. I will give out complimentary shirts to 1Ks to support this momentous cause. No GS members. #DYKWIA !!!!!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
will do. I will give out complimentary shirts to 1Ks to support this momentous cause. No GS members. #DYKWIA !!!!!
Do prior 1K's, likely to make it back to 1K this year count? Asking for a friend...
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador

Now I can track evolution of flight delays in “Inbox”!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by seanp7
The MP card should be able to be enlarged, offline. I agree with you and other posters on this.
I agree. A simple workaround in recent Android versions is to use the Zoom feature. You have to enable magnification. With that done, a triple tap enlarges the card to a very legible width on my Pixel 2XL. Another triple tap un-zooms the screen.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by shelby101
Mine has not updated and the app does not show an upgrade for United. What am i missing?
I'm having the same issue. My app has not updated and I cannot see an upgrade for the app...

EDIT: Went into the app store and I now have the option to updated. I needed to actually click on the app in the store, not just view it in the search results list.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Installed the update just now -- I had to open the App Store and manually pull-to-refresh on iOS for the update to appear. It seems like it's largely a re-skin of the previous interface? Tapping the Hamburger Menu to navigate reveals what appears to be the same scrolling navigation from before.

Does anyone else find it weird that if you tap the head icon in the upper right, it shows you "My Profile" whereas tapping your name from the main interface brings you to the MileagePlus Summary?

It seems these two options should perform similar actions. While we're at it, Membership/Club Passes could scroll vertically and be full size, rather than be tiny thumbnails that scroll horizontally, while 50% of my screen real estate is wasted.

Minor gripes though. As long as boarding passes in Apple Wallet still work, I think I'm fine.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:45 am

RPU/GPU tally?

Does the new app display current RPU/GPU balance anywhere?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Starman
Does the new app display current RPU/GPU balance anywhere?
It would be nice if it showed up under the "MileagePlus (R) Summary" page. That seems logical to me.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Just downloaded the updated app this AM. I like the look and feel. Will get a test ride of some of its functionality next week. All in all I think it's a good update despite some of the concerns expressed earlier in this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.