Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by adambadam
Anyone else think it is strange how they list the # of miles in the screenshots as "Mileage points". I feel like that is the worst omen in all of this.
Yeah, I had the same reaction.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Originally Posted by adambadam
Anyone else think it is strange how they list the # of miles in the screenshots as "Mileage points". I feel like that is the worst omen in all of this.
Well, to be fair, since earning is now $ based you aren’t really earning based on miles anymore, so you may as well call them points.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
new app coming “next week”, per oscar.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by riphamilton
I hope the Android version drops before my next flight on January 30th. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:01 pm

mhmm, graveling next weekend, perhaps I should wait till after I get back before upgrading
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by swiftaw

mhmm, graveling next weekend, perhaps I should wait till after I get back before upgrading
yeah, I try to avoid updating any apps while traveling just in case something gets screwy.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
https://thepointsguy.com/news/talkin...10-united-app/

Audio review - overall sounded pretty good to me.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Hope it doesn't get delayed like Polaris lounges
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: United 1K 3MM
Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
The UA app developers have already demonstrated their incompetence by the fact the latest version (2.1.63 Android/Kindle) released on November 2, 2018 does not function properly on Kindles - including in-flight streaming. An error message pops up advising the necessity to upgrade to the latest version of the app. Deleting and downloading does not solve the problem.

The app still appears in the Kindle store despite many complaints. Not a peep from the developer or Amazon - who still promote it.
Neither are certain key functions (like view reservation) in the recent update compatible with older versions of iPhones. Developers need to make changes backward compatible or else Samsung and Apple will make tons of money.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by raehl311
https://thepointsguy.com/news/talkin...10-united-app/

Audio review - overall sounded pretty good to me.
Well, just to be fair, that is a "review" from the two people that were tasked to promote it and got paid for doing so.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MMProfessor
Neither are certain key functions (like view reservation) in the recent update compatible with older versions of iPhones. Developers need to make changes backward compatible or else Samsung and Apple will make tons of money.
Also a problem for in flight streaming on older IOS. Which is too bad because we give our kids the older devices and they had to wrestle my ipad away from me on the last flight to watch Incredibles 2. I don't understand how the streaming, which was a feature of those versions, now isn't compatible on the a/c.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet

Safe gravels!

But, I am going to wait until proper travellers and not schills have reviewed it and what the FT community says. I've even turned off auto-updates for it just in case.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
According to the UA hub, the updated app will be out January 24th.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by BThumme
According to the UA hub, the updated app will be out January 24th.
Yeah, I'm flying on the 25th and 27th, I think I'll wait till I get back before updating.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Yeah, I'm flying on the 25th and 27th, I think I'll wait till I get back before updating.
The thirtieth for me. If it drops on the 24th, I'll take my life in my hands and live dangerously—but I might make sure my companions have the old version, with my reservation (three travelers, three PNRs this trip!) in their wallets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.