Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2022]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:09 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I will be ending the year 13 PQP short of Gold Tried booking dummy (cheap) SFO-LAX flights but both times it offered me 300 PQP for around $350... Would gladly take 100 PQP for $113 offer posted above if only I could replicate it...
Old Dec 5, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mict
I will be ending the year 13 PQP short of Gold Tried booking dummy (cheap) SFO-LAX flights but both times it offered me 300 PQP for around $350... Would gladly take 100 PQP for $113 offer posted above if only I could replicate it...
The lowest amount I can find on any booking is 500 for $495 + $123 for extra miles = $618 total.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:46 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Are you trying oneways?

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
The lowest amount I can find on any booking is 500 for $495 + $123 for extra miles = $618 total.
What routes are you trying? It does not have to be your from your local airport

Ever common for rates to increase in December better to have done this earlier.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What routes are you trying? It does not have to be your from your local airport

Ever common for rates to increase in December better to have done this earlier.
Cheap flights like IAD-ATL, SFO-LAX as mentioned above, expensive Intl fares, everything turns up almost the same just with different RDM, but the PQP is always 500 for $495 on top of whatever. I don't absolutely need it but was looking for a friend who is 190 short. Although with their account different amounts might be offered.

I did this once December back in the day with EQM or PQM when accelerator was first introduced and it was like $125 IIRC for the 500 miles I then needed.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I did this once December back in the day with EQM or PQM when accelerator was first introduced and it was like $125 IIRC for the 500 miles I then needed.
PQMs were cheaper because you need 100,000, not 15,000 PQPs -- so I would expect 1:6 or 1:7 cost relationship for the same quantity needed

...but was looking for a friend who is 190 short. Although with their account different amounts might be offered.
very likely
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:59 am

I was offered 3,000 miles and 100 PQP for $179 this morning. Searched LAX > SFO for the month of December. Picked a date with the lowest fares. Proceeded with standard economy ticket, and that's what was presented.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Do Premier Accelerator PQP count towards 1K?
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
If you don't have any flights booked, you could always just fly the PQP. There are still same-day turns to LAX for <$200 in December ex-SFO.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by narvik
Do Premier Accelerator PQP count towards 1K?
yes, it is Credit Card purchases PQP bonus that may not.
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
yes, it is Credit Card purchases PQP bonus that may not.
Nice, thanks!
I am going to be 512 PQP short, and will likely take an AVP-EWR-AVP trip and add some Premier Accelerator miles to it to make 1K for next year.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I'm only seeing MileagePlus Award Accelerator when I am going through the check out to purchase a ticket (not purchased yet), and not the Premier Accelerator. Do I need to have already purchased a ticket to see the Premier Accelerator options?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
I'm only seeing MileagePlus Award Accelerator when I am going through the check out to purchase a ticket (not purchased yet), and not the Premier Accelerator. Do I need to have already purchased a ticket to see the Premier Accelerator options?
You have to choose the MP award accelerator in order to gain access to the premier accelerator options.

See below. once hitting the add button for purchase 3k miles, it gives the premier accelerator check box.
SPN Lifer, TravelLawyer and narvik like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
@Lux Flyer thank you! I would have never figured that out on my own. LOL.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AKiwiWithWings
I was offered 3,000 miles and 100 PQP for $179 this morning. Searched LAX > SFO for the month of December. Picked a date with the lowest fares. Proceeded with standard economy ticket, and that's what was presented.
I was just offered this on a dummy booking. I'm 43 PQP short of Gold, and as an AC*G who doesn't fly Y, I think I'm just going to see if they comp it for me due to being so close. It's not worth $180 to me. I'm not even sure it's worth $43.

No more paid flights this year.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
370 PQP short and debating a quick mileage run SFO-LAX-SFO. I stumbled upon this thread and wanted to check my thoughts with y'all

1) I can purchase award accelerator under my SFO-LAX trip ID - 2000 miles + 200 PQP for $290
2) LAX-SFO Trip shows the same - 2000 miles + $200 PQP for $290

Is the 'trick' to buy both of these add-ons, and then cancel the flights? Would the 200+200 PQP would post regardless of me taking that flight?

My flights are coming out to $500 as it is, with Ubers and whatnot I feel that the $580 might be worth the hassle. Thank you!
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.