Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2022]

Old May 17, 2022, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Old May 17, 2022, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS, UA GS, BA Silver, Marriott Ambassador, Accor Gold, Hertz PC

Are they out of their damn minds?

cczzll likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 4:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.98MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
3 cpm for RDMs
1.5 -1.4 $ PQP

These are Q4 rates in May??
Old May 17, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
Here's what I see on a SFO-EWR P fare in July:

Old May 21, 2022, 2:40 am

This is for an all Z flght LHR-SFO-LHR in a few weeks. Looks like prices have massively shot up by maybe 10-20% in the last few weeks.
Old May 21, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
My rates for our trip IAH-OSL-IAH. Outbound in R, return on T fare. My PNR mates have slightly lower miles but same PQP offers, but at a lower total price per PQP, $0.91/$0.9 for them vs $0.97/$0.99 for me. They are Silver/Member and Im Gold, which may be the reason for the different prices?

Old May 21, 2022, 10:44 am

It could be the level difference. I jumped from challenged gold to platinum and the prices went up at roughly the same time.
Old May 21, 2022, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by contractor
It could be the level difference. I jumped from challenged gold to platinum and the prices went up at roughly the same time.
I suspect the more PQPs you have the more the accelerator costs.

On a reservation with two passengers with same status, but one passenger with several thousand more PQP, I see slightly lower rates for the passenger with lower PQP. The difference is about 7%.
SPN Lifer and contractor like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
Does UA change/restrict Award Accelerator (with PP buy) for any reason as you get closer to making a level?

I didn't think I was going to be able to make 1K this year, but things changed and now I'm so close I can taste it. Legs met, already bought some PQP on my last flight and paid (hefty) to upgrade one leg.

I'll likely need to buy a bit more, but only have 2 more trips (6 legs) planned through Q4. The 280PP are worth it to me as I have travel to Guam Q1, but hate to see UA pull the rug out from under me and not offer them. Buying up to 1K will be far less net cost than paying for upgrades, assuming I can WL into Purple or Polaris.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2ptraveler
Does UA change/restrict Award Accelerator (with PP buy) for any reason as you get closer to making a level?
Restrict? No. Change? Under the old (PQM) system, it used to get much, much more expensive toward the end of the year. I'm not sure if they did the same thing with PQP or not.

Originally Posted by 2ptraveler
Buying up to 1K will be far less net cost than paying for upgrades, assuming I can WL into Purple or Polaris.
I'm not sure I'd make the assumption that I could clear a waitlist.
zombietooth likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by jsloan
Yup - I've still got 180 points left, and have probably bought all my tickets for the rest of the year (the last few I purchased domestic UA F). I've never let loyalty make me buy a ticket I wouldn't have bought anyway, but if PZ had been available at booking, I'd have bought my 8 business class TATL flights on UA instead of on other airmiles with cash or miles. Then I'd probaby make 1K. But I should barely make platinum. As it is, the effect of MileagePlus is to encourage me to buy domestic F over domestic economy on whichever airline has the best route (which is often UA), but buy international business class on other airlines.
zombietooth likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
Restrict? No. Change? Under the old (PQM) system, it used to get much, much more expensive toward the end of the year. I'm not sure if they did the same thing with PQP or not.

Thanks,

I've had pretty good luck clearing WL on HNL flights (mostly return) using miles.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
And also more expensive for similar PQM if you were buying as, say, a Plat vs. a Silver.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by drewguy
And also more expensive for similar PQM if you were buying as, say, a Plat vs. a Silver.
I am Plat and my price for 300 PQP on an upcoming trip is $371, while my Silver spouse is $347. Interestingly our no status children with 0 PQP this year are being offered 300 half way in between at $359.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: None - previously UA

I need 70 PQP I guess this is about my best option right, this is SFO-LAX?

Award Accelerator $74.00 3000K miles

Premier Accelerator $113.00 100 PQP

Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy Tit (LTP), HH Dia
Originally Posted by escapefromphl

I need 70 PQP I guess this is about my best option right, this is SFO-LAX?

Award Accelerator $74.00 3000K miles

Premier Accelerator $113.00 100 PQP

Another option is to just change your ticket to a slightly higher fare class that costs > $70 more than your initial ticket, assuming you still have a flight to take this year. Kind of crazy United is trying to sell PQPs for more than a dollar and forcing you to buy RDMs on top of it. If somebody wants to pay United $15k for 1k status and not set foot on a plane, United should encourage that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.