Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United Ad Campaign: “Good Leads The Way” & branding / website changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New United Ad Campaign: “Good Leads The Way” & branding / website changes

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 11:00 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wxguy
Or the trifecta of, "It's Time to Fly the Friendly Skies that are Uniting the World."
You forgot to throw "United Rising" in there somewhere.
dw, wxguy, rch4u and 1 others like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zombietooth
UA is arguably the worst airline in the US for customer service and bragging about their "Good" deeds that have nothing to do with flying just seems tone deaf.
I always have great customer service interactions especially around schedule changes and IRROPS. In my interactions they nail it.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
What if UA figured out how much better they could do if all the passengers got off a flight and told friends/family, "Gee, that pretty good food on the plane today". Nah....

But we got "150 different pieces of video, digital, social and out-of-home content" to chew on....

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; May 16, 2022 at 11:19 am
Old May 16, 2022, 11:21 am

Meh. Good. Leaves me flat. Why not Greatness Leads the Way? Or Excellence in All Things? Or Passengers, United, the World.

That was with 10 seconds of thought. Any of them could be used to draw a line from doing good in the world, which is apparently the virtue they wish to signal, to providing world-class service, which one can only hope they are trying to inspire their staff to provide.

Seriously, United, a campaign about Good is not good enough.

Every morning when I drop my kids off at school, I have them repeat to me that, "today, I will do my very best." United's marketing team appears to have missed that message.
rch4u and Nanagose like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
As the old saying goes "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
Old May 16, 2022, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
UA's put a lot of effort into this, which actually (in itself) does nothing for the passenger experience. Words are cheap.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Looks like a lot of appeasement marketing instead of focusing on the passenger experience.
Most large companies are already environmentally aware and continue to have an inclusive and diverse workforce.
What about the paying customer being the focus?
They missed the mark here.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:57 am

UA, probably. 😒
Old May 16, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
My interpretation of this campaign is a little different than most posted above. I think United is trying to signal to employees, fliers, shareholders (past, current & potential future) that they value "good", not meaning "adequacy", but meaning "moral good". I think the implication is that United values things beyond just dollars & cents, the physical realities of flying, etc. Whether this is a good (lolz) idea or not remains to be seen. But the criticism that United should be talking about "greatness" & not "good" is, I think, missing the point of this campaign. Again, whether this is a good idea (in both senses) I am not taking any position on.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
UA's put a lot of effort into this, which actually (in itself) does nothing for the passenger experience. Words are cheap.
UA wrote a marketing/PR firm a check. I’m not sure about the effort.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I always have great customer service interactions especially around schedule changes and IRROPS. In my interactions they nail it.
I apologize for being imprecise in my language. I should've use "customer satisfaction" because I was referring to this J.D Power press release:

https://www.jdpower.com/business/pre...sfaction-study
Old May 16, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I apologize for being imprecise in my language. I should've use "customer satisfaction" because I was referring to this J.D Power press release:

https://www.jdpower.com/business/pre...sfaction-study
That JD Power study is a complete mess. JetBlue doesn't even have premium economy but somehow they rank first in that category? Also they say that it's North America but exclude Mexico.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
"Good is the enemy of great." Jim Collins
See: Polaris product.
Old May 16, 2022, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by physioprof
My interpretation of this campaign is a little different than most posted above. I think United is trying to signal to employees, fliers, shareholders (past, current & potential future) that they value "good", not meaning "adequacy", but meaning "moral good". I think the implication is that United values things beyond just dollars & cents, the physical realities of flying, etc. Whether this is a good (lolz) idea or not remains to be seen. But the criticism that United should be talking about "greatness" & not "good" is, I think, missing the point of this campaign. Again, whether this is a good idea (in both senses) I am not taking any position on.
It came up as a splash screen in my iOS app.

Yes it is an ESG emotional tie-in for customers, employees and other stakeholders, focused on being and doing good in the communities they reside.

WN overdoes it with the LUV and heart stuff.

Lets see how it plays out.

Last edited by uastarflyer; May 16, 2022 at 1:10 pm
Old May 16, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Got an email about an hour ago stating "You're Part of Our Story" and ending with Good Leads The Way
uastarflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.