FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   New United Ad Campaign: “Good Leads The Way” & branding / website changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2079496-new-united-ad-campaign-good-leads-way-branding-website-changes.html)

EWR764 May 16, 2022 7:14 am

New United Ad Campaign: “Good Leads The Way” & branding / website changes

Reportedly, employees are getting a preview today. More to follow.

Unclear if this is to supplement or replace the “Friendly” campaign. I’m sure public release will be soon. (edit: confirmed... see below SFO 1K 's post)

DELee May 16, 2022 7:36 am

Originally Posted by EWR764 (Post 34253834)
Reportedly, employees are getting a preview today. More to follow.

Unclear if this is to supplement or replace the “Friendly” campaign. I’m sure public release will be soon.

Uh, naw.

That's weak. Or should I say, I hope that it is not as good as it gets.

David

SFO 1K May 16, 2022 7:42 am

Confirmed: https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/com...s-the-way.html

Part of Press Release:
CHICAGO, May 16, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today launched a new, national campaign – "Good Leads The Way" – that tells the story of United's leadership in areas like customer service, diversity and sustainability, and captures the optimism fueling the airline's large ambitions at a time of unprecedented demand in air travel.

“Good Leads The Way”: United’s New Campaign Celebrates Employees Doing the Right Thing for Customers and Communities

"In the past few years, United has emerged as a force for good and an industry leader," said United CEO Scott Kirby. "We're taking actions that inspire pride among our employees and customers – everything from historic investments to fight climate change and training more women and people of color to become pilots to getting rid of change fees and upgrading our fleet with 500 new planes. This campaign serves not only as an exclamation point on our recent actions, but also as a commitment to how United Airlines intends to show up in the future."

The national campaign is United's first, fully integrated, national brand advertising campaign in nearly a decade and was developed in partnership with creative agency of record 72andSunny. It includes more than 150 different pieces of video, digital, social and out-of-home content and features more than 60 real-life employees, the most ever featured in a single United content series.

Starting this week, people can see Good Leads The Way content onboard United aircraft and in airport terminals as well as in television spots, streaming platforms, billboards, across social media and through unique, contextually relevant and unexpected spaces. This launch coincides with the kickoff of the summer travel season and a historic increase in demand – United's April seat fill in was the highest ever for a non-summer month, with 88 percent of seats occupied.

angetenar May 16, 2022 8:04 am

They've also published 14 videos to their YouTube channel in the past 12 hours

fumje May 16, 2022 8:05 am

On first read, this is an advertising campaign highlighting the various "good" things they've been doing over the past few years. To me at least, though, it doesn't seem very coherent; I don't see an obvious connection from improving IFE to diversifying pilot base. So on that, perhaps the ad agency people are getting a bit carried away.

PTahCha May 16, 2022 8:54 am

The sub-site is up: https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/com...s-the-way.html

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9f23c99fd3.png

This is an interesting way to integrate ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) messaging as part of an advertisement campaign, not to mention featuring employees instead of actors. Also interesting is the decoupling of the deathstar logo from the wordmark.

Does this mean we are getting a new safety video? :D

IAH-OIL-TRASH May 16, 2022 8:57 am

I thought they’d start “Good leads the way” by revamping in-flight food.

Artpen100 May 16, 2022 9:24 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 34254131)

I'm guessing the campaign will not include any pictures from the Polaris in-flight dining thread.

It is interesting that they settled on a slogan that says, "we are adequate".

MBS MillionMiler May 16, 2022 9:31 am

Meh....

Is this as cringeworthy as "It's Time To Fly"? There were more than a few F/As who dropped this into their announcements back in the day, and I thought that was tacked on and tacky. I expect more of the same with this one.

dw May 16, 2022 9:42 am

They clearly think the current horrid catering is “ ‘good’ enough”

zombietooth May 16, 2022 9:43 am

An Ad campaign that touts accomplishments that do nothing to improve the customer experience just shows how out of touch management is with the average flyer. UA is arguably the worst airline in the US for customer service and bragging about their "Good" deeds that have nothing to do with flying just seems tone deaf.

Here's my slogan: Quality, Comfort and Reliability.

flaii May 16, 2022 10:17 am

My first thought upon hearing this slogan was that it was an iteration of Delta's 2005 slogan "Good Goes Around"

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9af69cc7a.jpeg

CApreppie May 16, 2022 10:32 am

I think the slogan is pretty mediocre. Is "good" as good as it gets as another poster said. The slogan says and inspires and aspires to little. Screams to me some person (or few persons) in some exec position chose this one over the objection of many others (very much happens in corp culture).

wxguy May 16, 2022 10:41 am

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler (Post 34254218)
Meh....

Is this as cringeworthy as "It's Time To Fly"? There were more than a few F/As who dropped this into their announcements back in the day, and I thought that was tacked on and tacky. I expect more of the same with this one.

Or the trifecta of, "It's Time to Fly the Friendly Skies that are Uniting the World."

bocastephen May 16, 2022 10:57 am

Exactly - wasting money on this kind of nonsense when most non-loyalty customers are making decisions on price and schedule booked somewhere online when we have so many incredible gaps in inflight service quality is just astonishingly bad judgement.

Let's fix what's broken first then we can talk about ads and stadiums.