Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Will Dearborn
Entree actually looks good and well plated too...maybe a better crew.

What is that dish for breakfast? Rice?
It was the horchata oatmeal, served warm. I miss the katsu that always used to be a pre-arrival meal option on the flights to Japan, but still much prefer the oatmeal to the ubiquitous egg white bites.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Same menu for ORD-FRA. It's just disgusting. For dinner I chose the vegan meatballs and tortellini. The meatballs were so dry and hard that I could barely cut through them with the knife. The salad is just as awful as the cauliflower and grapes. I selected the custard tart for dessert. I took one bite, spit it out, and that was it. It tasted spoiled. For breakfast, I had the Blueberry French Toast. It tasted better than it looks but it was dry. The fruit salad was not ripe in the slightest and flavorless. I wish that UA would just stop serving meals in Polaris altogether as it just embarrasses the flight attendants and doesn't feel even slightly premium.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
The steak was tender & delicious with a mildly spicy sauce. She actually had the chicken, as they forgot to load the lobster. It was mediocre, so I shared some of my steak, which she also found excellent. Guten Morgen!
SPN Lifer and gutt22 like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: United Premier Gold
LAX to NRT in June. No menus, but one meal without the dog bowl. Success?

Selection was some cream fish dish, a beef dish and the chili with polenta. I opted for the chili — and despite what some people here have said, I thought it wasn’t bad. Quite similar to something I make at home, really. The salad…god, I wanted more green vegetables. But it didn’t taste terrible. Just not what I expect for Polaris.

For breakfast, it was French toast or the omelette bites. Wholly underwhelming, but the fruit salad was at least better than the outbound flight.

They did have three dessert options. I wanted the cheese plate — and apparently I was the only one who wanted it, as the FA brought me two, along with two glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon. That was enough to keep me happy.

Hope the food to and from Japan keeps improving.
ll22949 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM

LIS-EWR. No menus. Pastas were bad, and not even hot. Cheese plate was excellent and I asked a dessert. Rasperry pie which was delicious. Like, my mom’s pies.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by benewr

LIS-EWR. No menus. Pastas were bad, and not even hot. Cheese plate was excellent and I asked a dessert. Rasperry pie which was delicious. Like, my mom’s pies.
You’re salad looks as dry as your pasta. Did they not have any sauce or dressing?
goodeats21 and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by zeke3
You’re salad looks as dry as your pasta. Did they not have any sauce or dressing?
The dressing was at the bottom of the salad but I had to ask the FA if they had dressing.

The pastas had no sauce, no cheese. Not even Rana quality. Complete shame to serve that.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by benewr
For whatever reason, LIS (and LHR) seem to have the best quality cheese plates in the system.

-FlyerBeek
seanp7 and benewr like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
What happened to the Death Star salt and pepper shakers?
benewr likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
What happened to the Death Star salt and pepper shakers?
On IAH-MUC 2 days ago, my SO got em but I didn't. Blame COVID, or something
Old Aug 13, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
LHR-SFO 8/11 UA900 10:25AM departure

Had too much food for breakfast so asked to hold the main entree until mid-flight which they happily obliged. The roasted cauliflower and fruit salad was pretty bad, not sure why I would want sweet dessert paired with my savory entree. The veal sirloin was really really good. It was more like.a beef short rib, very tender, stewed meat quality. I used to love the United sundae desserts but this time the pre-plated ice cream thing with chocolate sauce was pretty bad. Printed menus showed a chocolate cake but they only had a raspberry tart which was ok. Very buttery shortbread texture but I’m not a huge fan of dense cakes.

For breakfast, the herb and vegetable citrus couscous was good and decent portion. Saved the cookie for after the flight so didn’t try it. Fruit plate was very meh, wish they used seedless watermelon, pineapple wasn’t very sweet, honey dew contained a lot of the hard rind.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
8/12 ua 934 ewr-lhr

So I was all ready to hate the food on this daytime flight to LHR, based on recent posts and photos. I ate tons in the Polaris Lounge beforehand.
However, to be honest, it really wasn't that bad. Sure the offerings are still sub par compared to the old Polaris product, but overall the food served was fine.

The pre-departure "sparkling wine" tasted like alcoholic Sprite, but the champagne served in flight was fine, as was the Spanish Chardonnay.

Crew was friendly and efficient with proactive drink refills

The fruit bowl was a decent quantity and quality.

I didn't get a dessert. Was asked what I wanted, but it never appeared and by that time I had dozed off anyway.

I'm conflicted whether to leave a good or bad review on my post flight survey. I don't want to say good things and discourage them from continuing to improve the product!

French toast

Chicken (hard to see under the veggies) was fine and not too dry like others have experienced.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
So I was all ready to hate the food on this daytime flight to LHR, based on recent posts and photos. I ate tons in the Polaris Lounge beforehand.
However, to be honest, it really wasn't that bad. Sure the offerings are still sub par compared to the old Polaris product, but overall the food served was fine.

The pre-departure "sparkling wine" tasted like alcoholic Sprite, but the champagne served in flight was fine, as was the Spanish Chardonnay.

Crew was friendly and efficient with proactive drink refills

The fruit bowl was a decent quantity and quality.

I didn't get a dessert. Was asked what I wanted, but it never appeared and by that time I had dozed off anyway.

I'm conflicted whether to leave a good or bad review on my post flight survey. I don't want to say good things and discourage them from continuing to improve the product!

French toast

Chicken (hard to see under the veggies) was fine and not too dry like others have experienced.
Wow--looks like Polaris gets the same croissant they used to serve pre-landing in E (before it was enhanced into a biscottum), and the rock-hard dinner roll that they still serve in E.
IndyHoosier and gioannis13 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Only two choices for the main breakfast meal?! Even the westbound TATL flights serving breakfast as the main meal have four choices, IIRC.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by VWang1111

Had too much food for breakfast so asked to hold the main entree until mid-flight which they happily obliged. The roasted cauliflower and fruit salad was pretty bad, not sure why I would want sweet dessert paired with my savory entree. The veal sirloin was really really good. It was more like.a beef short rib, very tender, stewed meat quality. I used to love the United sundae desserts but this time the pre-plated ice cream thing with chocolate sauce was pretty bad. Printed menus showed a chocolate cake but they only had a raspberry tart which was ok. Very buttery shortbread texture but I’m not a huge fan of dense cakes.

For breakfast, the herb and vegetable citrus couscous was good and decent portion. Saved the cookie for after the flight so didn’t try it. Fruit plate was very meh, wish they used seedless watermelon, pineapple wasn’t very sweet, honey dew contained a lot of the hard rind.
Is United really offering raw cod as an entre, or is this menu-writing nonsense that just doesn't make any sense?

Originally Posted by dkc192
Only two choices for the main breakfast meal?! Even the westbound TATL flights serving breakfast as the main meal have four choices, IIRC.
The Kuts just keep on coming. Maybe they are setting themselves up to deliver these future "enhancements" are just restoring more choices?
zeer0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.