Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thank you Dyce Whyme and gutt22 - I no longer feel alone!

Also, 3 out of 4 legs of my next trip have cleared into LH F, so at the very least I'll be good to go on the caviar, appetizers, and dessert.
SPN Lifer, gutt22, st530 and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by cricketer
Thank you Dyce Whyme and gutt22 - I no longer feel alone!

Also, 3 out of 4 legs of my next trip have cleared into LH F, so at the very least I'll be good to go on the caviar, appetizers, and dessert.
The worst LH food is better than the best UA food.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold; 1MM; Marriot Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Whyme
I've had it twice and I think it is delicious. I don't really understand the flyertalk animosity toward it.
I don’t know how…but then again some folks love Uni, whereas it makes me gag.

Seriously this looks like it was scooped out of a trash bin.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
For me it's not the cauliflower that's the problem, it's the sultanas or grapes or whatever they call them. Can't stand them.
Indeed! I actually like various cauliflower dishes, incl cauliflower salad on a mayo-yogurt dressing I enjoyed in European restaurants.
But this UA preparation is just awful.
benewr likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Not a fan of fruits in salad or any cooked dishes.

For example: raisins in curry dishes or Hawaiian Pizza. The flavors confuse me.

I am a big fan of fruit only salad or fruit only pies or pastries, though!
cesco.g and lhrsfo like this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Not a fan of fruits in salad or any cooked dishes.
Not even Tomatoes?

Pomegranate does wonders in our home salads!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:36 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dyce
Polaris food has now reached such lows that the United fans will point to any 'improvements' with glee... "see, TWO cherry tomatoes in the salad!", "warm bread!", "a photo copied menu!"
I fondly recall the day I found a whole, fully formed cashew in my ramekin……another milestone in past United improvements.

DEN
SPN Lifer, DELee, Dyce and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Not even Tomatoes?

Pomegranate does wonders in our home salads!
Forgot that tomatoes are fruit. Yes, they are lovely.
Have not tried Pomegranates in salad yet. I will have it a go.
uastarflyer likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
MUC-SFO in 773. No PDB even though there was time. However, after that things went great. I thought the crew did a very good job with the meals. The veal sirloin was not overcooked and had good flavor with the sauce. The cauliflower "salad" was not as bad as I thought it would be but I don't really think it should be the main "salad." I asked for a sundae and the chocolate cake for dessert. The sundae was properly thawed and the cake was good albeit pretty rich. The remaining dessert items were put on the counters for people if they wanted a snack later in the flight so I grabbed the cheese plate to try it. Seemed fine to me, but I would have preferred some brie in there as well. The warm cheese sandwich was definitely a miss. I only ate a few bites before it departed. I tried the burger as my pre-arrival meal and ended up not eating the bottom bun. Just too much bread. In addition, the crew put out some pre-packages snacks to eat along with the leftover desserts. A family member tried the chicken and they said it was good, but I didn't try directly. The rest of us had the veal. The crew went through the cabin proactively up and down the aisles in case anyone needed anything during the flight. I spoke with Alana, the main FA taking care of us in the rear Polaris cabin about leaving the bread in the plastic. She said that if the bread comes pre-packaged, they are supposed to serve it that way but agreed that it would be better not in the plastic. She pointed out the plastic bread on the burger tray and I said - packaged for our safety (tongue in cheek)! The crew did a very good job of plating and let her know that as well. I said you even put the butter container in the right direction. Also like I go the death star salt and pepper shakers. A stellar SFO-based crew in our rear Polaris cabin. Alana, in particular, was spectacular and I let her know afterwards.

gutt22, Infinite1K and narvik like this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I feel my PS transcon meals are better than what’s been served on Polaris flights.

Yeah, agreed - I plan to get the old Briased beef rib and be done with it. It isn't good, but it doesn't suck
The ice cream cart was the best part of Polaris - warm apple pastry and the ice cream on top - That is why i am fat
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by CApreppie

So which is better, this or the burger "wellington"?

Either seems better than the burger I got in F on my last domestic flight (no lettuce, tomato, or condiments)
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold
ORD-LHR

Flat iron steak was way above my expectations after seeing this thread and perfectly tender and juicy

breakfast was meh

polaris lounge was good as usual
narvik and UAFAM like this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by leftysauce

Flat iron steak was way above my expectations after seeing this thread and perfectly tender and juicy

breakfast was meh

polaris lounge was good as usual
Looks like an above reasonable amount of food considering flight length … still on the better end of United Polaris meals ….
Old Aug 26, 2022, 3:13 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
UA 7 - IAH-NRT - Aug 2022

No menu; was offered beef, fish or veg (the FA did describe them in detail, I just forgot what she said)

I asked for chicken “from the back” and the FA was kinda shocked I asked, but said she’d see if they could spare one. Sure enough, this is what showed up -

It tasted a lot like nacho chicken from a chain restaurant, but it was well spiced. It came with way too much quinoa.

Cheese plate and ice cream for dessert were nice

Pre arrival was French toast or eggs - I had the French toast that tasted very much like cafeteria food

I never understand breakfast for pre arrival on Asia flights

Service was at least good, and the wine was passable (ie I didn’t send it back)

I don’t want to beat a dead horse, but I will - UA needs to step it up. My following TG flight had a great curry dish, and my SQ flight in Y from BKK-SIN had nasi lemak that was better than UA’s food too -

At this point, I’m going to start booking away from UA (internationally) and directing people at work to as well.
bocastephen and bmwe92fan like this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by CApreppie

Is the roll a pretzel bread with the skin peeled off?

Is that a muffin with the cup of fruit and hamburger?
mrbiggs223 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.