Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Assuming my Plus Points upgrade processes, I will be in Polaris on an upcoming daytime flight from EWR to LHR (leaving at 8:30AM, arriving 8:40PM). Way, way back in the day, one of the advantages of taking this flight was that you were were offered two full meal services. Anyone take this flight recently? It is coded as "breakfast", but will there be a second full meal served later in the flight? I didn't see anyone post from this flight this year.
Yes, there is a second "full" meal prior to arrival. But it isn't quite as full a meal as the meal served right after departure (breakfast most of the year, but lunch for the couple of weeks between US & Europe daylight saving time, when the flight departs at 9:30AM).
rittenhousesq likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
Any take on the menu LHR-IAD evening departure ? UA 925
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:09 pm

SFO-CDG, April 1st

Any update on the menu for April? Want to see how low I have to set my expectations UA990
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-LHR 28 March 425 pm 789 (Polaris) seat 1L

PDB of OJ, water or champagne (the latter in plastic cups for some reason). Nuts (semi-warm) served first along with water (still or sparkling) and choice of beverage from cart. Chose champagne which was Duval Leroy (not bad at all). Mains were choice of short rib with white rice and hoisin sauce, salmon with red curry sauce, rice and vegetables, or ravioli. Salmon was quite tasty. Did not see any mid-flight snacks but didn't look. Surprisingly, three choices for breakfast -- oatmeal with fruit, English breakfast, or Continental breakfast. Since i know I like the oatmeal, I got that, although I was intrigued to see how hearty (or not) the English breakfast would be. At least it wasn't egg white bites yet again! Interestingly, I overheard the London-based crew in the galley talking about how lots of customers return the oatmeal because they don't realize it's quite sweet.

Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: UAMP
Originally Posted by Millionmilesgirl
Any update on the menu for April? Want to see how low I have to set my expectations UA990
I Asked MatthewLAX on another thread about the same flight mid-April and he said no change.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by greytop13
I Asked MatthewLAX on another thread about the same flight mid-April and he said no change.
Thank you - hopefully the food in the Polaris lounge will be decent
kirkwoodj and greytop13 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: Asia Miles, Royal Orchid Plus, World Perks
Anyone have any ideas what the Polaris catering ex-Narita are like? I am flying UA 33 mid April.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Millionmilesgirl
Please report back. I’ll be on that flight this coming Sunday.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ohsopc
Anyone have any ideas what the Polaris catering ex-Narita are like? I am flying UA 33 mid April.
Dinner
  • Mixed greens, cherry tomato, cucumber, sweet potato, shredded daikon
  • Beer-braised beef cheek
    • Braising sauce, broad bean mashed potatoes, carrot
  • Seared chicken
    • with sesame ginger sauce, coriander rice, bok choy and red pepper
  • ​​​​​​​Grilled salmon
    • ​​​​​​​Bouillabaise sauce, saffron risotto, green beans
Pre-Arrival
  • ​​​​​​​Quiche Lorraine with roasted tomato and broccoli
  • Salmon Saikyo with Gin-An sauce, tawara rice and seasonal vegetables
MileageMinus likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by peterfox
Any take on the menu LHR-IAD evening departure ? UA 925
+1. On this one in April too
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:15 pm

Is there anyway to find out the menu on UA 854 IAH-LIM for next week? Not sure what to expect at all. Thanks!!
lamphs likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 9:37 pm

Flew UA892 ICN-SFO on March 5th. Not many people flying ex-ICN these days but here's how the Polaris catering was.
Dinner: Some type of meat (maybe short ribs, pork, can't remember) and rice, nothing special. Veggies were okay, typical bread roll, and the red packaged Korean snack was a reslly tasty chocolate treat.
Breakfast: Really good quiche. Potatoes were pretty bland, sausage was fine. Nice fruit bowl and a really good corn muffin.

Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by NHarmonia
Is there anyway to find out the menu on UA 854 IAH-LIM for next week? Not sure what to expect at all. Thanks!!
I’m on IAH-SCL tomorrow night (3 April) and I assume LIM will be the same, so happy to report back if no one else answers sooner.
NHarmonia likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by st530
I’m on IAH-SCL tomorrow night (3 April) and I assume LIM will be the same, so happy to report back if no one else answers sooner.
I wouldn't think SCL and LIM are the same. SCL is a proper Polaris route, since it's "Deep South America." Is LIM?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:45 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I wouldn't think SCL and LIM are the same. SCL is a proper Polaris route, since it's "Deep South America." Is LIM?
Yes, LIM is Polaris marketed -- it wasn't originally but change a number of years ago
Lima Service Transitioning to Polaris November 1, 2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.