FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2048948-3rd-promotion-year-chance-requalify-premier-status-reach-higher-level.html)

emcampbe Nov 20, 2021 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 33744922)
Don't count on that. The T&C prevail and you better get the extra PQP by upfaring than upgrading.

this.

would most definitely not count on something that isn’t specifically part of the promo counting, especially if promised for an adjustment after the promo closes. The two options are to either upfare another itin/book a points run in the promo period, or be ok if you don’t qualify via the promo. Maybe they turn out to honor it, but if they somehow don’t, it’ll not only be disappointment, but no way to rectify the situation short of a bigger points run in Dec.

for us, I upfared my wife on our last segment because I was unsure if we were going to do a trip before the end of November that would itherwise get her to the threshold. It turns out we’re not, so the right choice, but even if we did, the extra couple of hundred bucks was worth it to guarantee her status next year. Anything else was taking chances that I didn’t want to deal with.

Lurker Nov 21, 2021 4:38 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 33732503)
Did you manage to do this on Android or iOS?

on an iPhone

Lurker

Originally Posted by MA_ORD (Post 33739405)
doing F2F here. Flight that breaks the 3000 PQP threshold completed around midnight last night. By the time I woke up this morning 1K status was extended and 280 plus points deposited.

Strongly advise you get a digital copy of the new card with 2023 date on it as there are multiple reports in this thread of that suddenly and inexplicably reverting to 2022!

Lurker :)

CttleDog Nov 21, 2021 8:40 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 33745562)
this.

would most definitely not count on something that isn’t specifically part of the promo counting, especially if promised for an adjustment after the promo closes. The two options are to either upfare another itin/book a points run in the promo period, or be ok if you don’t qualify via the promo. Maybe they turn out to honor it, but if they somehow don’t, it’ll not only be disappointment, but no way to rectify the situation short of a bigger points run in Dec.

for us, I upfared my wife on our last segment because I was unsure if we were going to do a trip before the end of November that would itherwise get her to the threshold. It turns out we’re not, so the right choice, but even if we did, the extra couple of hundred bucks was worth it to guarantee her status next year. Anything else was taking chances that I didn’t want to deal with.

Would agree the T&C prevail, but the T&C only says PQP...There are no qualifiers about types of PQP listed.

exerda Nov 21, 2021 11:31 am

Completed my last qualifying flight last night. Woke up this morning and see they already processed the 1K requal. :tu:

Now, if I can only get them to process it as meeting the MilePlay qualifications--I reticketed it after registering, but it doesn't show up as qualifying activity. My guess is they will claim that the routing change, date change, etc., were just an upfare and not a reticketing.

emcampbe Nov 21, 2021 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by CttleDog (Post 33747144)
Would agree the T&C prevail, but the T&C only says PQP...There are no qualifiers about types of PQP listed.

maybe, but I’d guess there’s an argument to be made based on the vague’ish language noting UA/UAX flights only that only the fare for those types of flights count - upgrade fees don’t even post with those. I’m not saying that’s the customer-friendly argument, just saying it is one that can be used. Given the history, where upgrade fees generally have not counted toward promotions (or even for regular PQPs until very recently), then I would never assume those would count unless that’s specifically in there.

if one wants a no-fuss way of meeting the promotion, I’d stay away from assuming upgrade fees counting. Again, you can argue after the fact to have them consider your case - but once the promo is over, no way to rectify it if they won’t accept it.

selo Nov 22, 2021 9:18 am

I just completed an LAX-HNL run to re-qualify: 3,027 PQPs for FttF. 280 PlusPoints already deposited and my status shows valid thru 01/2023. I did not add the day of departure upgrades as my reading of this forum was that they may not (or do not) count toward FttF PQPs although they do count toward regular purpose PQPs.

dshafiee Nov 22, 2021 10:58 am

Didn't even realize

Looks like I crossed 2,700 PQP last night on my way home to DFW. Had to do a last minute ticket change and only D was open. Put me over the mark.

(would have qualified the real way as well with my booked flights for December)

Happy to report PP and Status posted :)

MoxJr Nov 22, 2021 12:19 pm

If I already re-qualified for platinum this year and don't need the Fly to the Finish promotion, will I still receive Breakout Bonus PQP to help me achieve 1K?

Seems like the website reads as thought you only get Breakout Bonus if you attempt and fail the Fly to the Finish promotion.

emcampbe Nov 22, 2021 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by MoxJr (Post 33750357)
If I already re-qualified for platinum this year and don't need the Fly to the Finish promotion, will I still receive Breakout Bonus PQP to help me achieve 1K?

Seems like the website reads as thought you only get Breakout Bonus if you attempt and fail the Fly to the Finish promotion.

yes. Basically, anyone who was in FttF but either fails or gets status naturally will get Breakout Bonus. Basically, everyone who makes some sort of effort gets something. Note this will happen retroactively after the promo is over. I believe the points are supposed to be posted by Dec. 20.

CttleDog Nov 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 33748328)
maybe, but I’d guess there’s an argument to be made based on the vague’ish language noting UA/UAX flights only that only the fare for those types of flights count - upgrade fees don’t even post with those. I’m not saying that’s the customer-friendly argument, just saying it is one that can be used. Given the history, where upgrade fees generally have not counted toward promotions (or even for regular PQPs until very recently), then I would never assume those would count unless that’s specifically in there.

if one wants a no-fuss way of meeting the promotion, I’d stay away from assuming upgrade fees counting. Again, you can argue after the fact to have them consider your case - but once the promo is over, no way to rectify it if they won’t accept it.

I am currently hitting the PQP requirement for gold with the inclusion of upgrade fees. I just did a chat with an agent on the app, and the agent said told me they checked my progress and that "good news, you can rest assured your premier gold status will be extended to jan 31 2023."

Hopefully having that in writing will count for something...

rbakker Nov 22, 2021 4:26 pm

Annoyed that I crossed the 3K threshold for 1K six days ago but my account is still showing the incorrect PQPs and so I haven't made the 3K. I called them about that last week and they said they often post incorrect totals and fix them later. I said why not wait until they are correct before posting? Because then people complain that it takes too long. I'm losing faith in them fixing it without me having to call again.

yyzprincess Nov 22, 2021 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by rbakker (Post 33751044)
Annoyed that I crossed the 3K threshold for 1K six days ago but my account is still showing the incorrect PQPs and so I haven't made the 3K. I called them about that last week and they said they often post incorrect totals and fix them later. I said why not wait until they are correct before posting? Because then people complain that it takes too long. I'm losing faith in them fixing it without me having to call again.

The payment was it in Canadian dollars?. In 2019 some trips I had additional PQP for some trips.

rbakker Nov 22, 2021 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by yyzprincess (Post 33751133)
The payment was it in Canadian dollars?. In 2019 some trips I had additional PQP for some trips.

No, but that is a good question. When I booked I received an email stating how many PQPs it would be and for every leg but one it was accurate.

wilsliu Nov 22, 2021 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by dav3d (Post 33742007)
Second Chase PQF based on spend posted overnight. The first one posted 9/21.

Somewhat confusingly, the activity description says "Chase Spend PQF 1" for both posts.

Will complete the FTTF PQP requirements on my return flight from OGG next week.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f764f39187.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f3df0be08f.jpg

Same here. Interesting that they posted both PQF on the same day. Maybe all our calling actually moved the needle.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0f20d27cd1.jpg

Aussienarelle Nov 23, 2021 5:04 am

Originally Posted by wilsliu (Post 33751810)
Same here. Interesting that they posted both PQF on the same day. Maybe all our calling actually moved the needle.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0f20d27cd1.jpg

My Chase spend PQFs posted last week as well. Both on the same day. I was surprised it was not until after November 30. No call made. They just appeared. Same day as yours.