FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2048948-3rd-promotion-year-chance-requalify-premier-status-reach-higher-level.html)

FreFly Nov 12, 2021 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33724635)
My suggestion to others is to avoid these shortcut methods, it is not worth the gamble. This is a generous offer to equal, so keep it clean and simple.

I was not trying to game the system when I booked a vacation package with a United flight. As the rules do not have fare exclusions, I did not worry about what fare PQP-eligible fare I was getting. It would be disappointing if these points do not count. For me, the good news is that if United denys me the points and I will not meet the FttF goal, this will make me eligible for the Breakout Bonus PQP. I will get the 2250 PQP for the flights I have already taken and requalify this way,

margarita girl Nov 13, 2021 3:36 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 33723362)
Came here to see if there is an easy way to see if one's met the requirements, and if I m understanding this right, there isnt???

Also requalified on a bulk fare... so this would be beyond ridiculous.

I also completed my FttF using a bulk fare in mid Sept. A few days later, my digital card showed an expiry date of 01/2023 (as did all my travelling companions’). I just looked and it’s been changed to 01/2022. Sure hope this is a bug!

Note that I did get my 280 Plus Points.

rinconmike Nov 13, 2021 5:18 am

Anyone get two PQF added for this promo? I got one added 9/21 but have not seen the second yet. I am well above the $8K spend during the promo.

FreFly Nov 13, 2021 5:21 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 33724924)
I also completed my FttF using a bulk fare in mid Sept. A few days later, my digital card showed an expiry date of 01/2023 (as did all my travelling companions’). I just looked and it’s been changed to 01/2022. Sure hope this is a bug!

Note that I did get my 280 Plus Points.

My digital card now shows 1/2023 as well. Took longer than others reported, but looks like things worked out.
I hope it will not go back to 1/2022.
​​​​​​

margarita girl Nov 13, 2021 7:03 am

Originally Posted by FreFly (Post 33725025)
My digital card now shows 1/2023 as well. Took longer than others reported, but looks like things worked out.
​​​​​​

Mine still says 2022 and I have a screenshot of when it used to say 2023, so I definitely didn’t misread. :(

DELee Nov 13, 2021 7:09 am

Originally Posted by rinconmike (Post 33725021)
Anyone get two PQF added for this promo? I got one added 9/21 but have not seen the second yet. I am well above the $8K spend during the promo.

How long ago did you spend above the $8K?

David

Minnesota Bruin Nov 13, 2021 7:14 am

Just wrapped up my FttF with a fun PQP-run. IAD-DEN-SLC, Amtrak California Zephyr Salt Take City to Emeryville*, SFO-IAD. That puts me at 2677 BIS PQP + the 400 corporate bonus. Of course, now that I made this fairly expensive trip my "friends" say United will surely extend everyone status! :D

*This itinerary works really well as the California Zephyr leaves SLC at 11:30pm. If you get a Roomette or Bedroom, it will be made up as a bed for you when you board. Easy sleeping across eastern Nevada then the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains during the morning. It's compatible with evening flights out of SFO but I choose to spend the night.

rinconmike Nov 13, 2021 7:27 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 33725169)
How long ago did you spend above the $8K?

David

Hit the 8K mid September.

Got the first 1 PQF 9/21. Thought I would see the second one around 10/21 but did not.

rankourabu Nov 13, 2021 8:15 am

​​​​​​

ok false alarm. It took 3 days but got the PPlus and card shows 1/2023 :)

WineCountryUA Nov 13, 2021 10:19 am

Originally Posted by rinconmike (Post 33725021)

Many have reported awaiting the 2nd PQF and some still awaiting the first. The T&Cs gives Chase / UA 54 days to post.

trmbn65 Nov 13, 2021 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Minnesota Bruin (Post 33725176)
*This itinerary works really well as the California Zephyr leaves SLC at 11:30pm. If you get a Roomette or Bedroom, it will be made up as a bed for you when you board. Easy sleeping across eastern Nevada then the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains during the morning. It's compatible with evening flights out of SFO but I choose to spend the night.

I hope to take that route next year. Took the Empire Builder this summer Chicago to Seattle and the views were better than from 35k ft.

uastarflyer Nov 13, 2021 11:58 am

Originally Posted by rinconmike (Post 33725202)
Hit the 8K mid September.

Got the first 1 PQF 9/21. Thought I would see the second one around 10/21 but did not.

I called MP service desk yesterday and the agent was also surprised it hadn’t posted. Based on my spend through Sept the 2nd should have posted 10/21, given PQF1 posted 9/21. All he could say is that Chase needs to send it on their end. Obviously the usual miles earned posted within 2 days after statement close.

This better be resolved by 11/21 (more than 54 days since qualifying charge, nearly 54 days after Oct statement close)

margarita girl Nov 13, 2021 3:34 pm

​​​​​​

It might! I just called UA Mileage Plus. They confirmed that there was a glitch in their system and my 1K status is valid until 01/2023. Whew!

arshi007 Nov 14, 2021 1:12 am

For the FttF promo, do the required PQP only have to come from the flight ticket earning ? I need around 600 PQP to requalify for Plat on United and i do have one domestic trip planned. However the ticket price by itself is not sufficient to meet my threshold. If i purchase the Premier accelerator as part of my flight, will the PQP from premier accelerator qualify for FttF earning or will it only go towards general PQP earnings?

Anyone has any DP/info on this ?

ani90 Nov 14, 2021 6:17 am

Originally Posted by arshi007 (Post 33727030)
For the FttF promo, do the required PQP only have to come from the flight ticket earning ? I need around 600 PQP to requalify for Plat on United and i do have one domestic trip planned. However the ticket price by itself is not sufficient to meet my threshold. If i purchase the Premier accelerator as part of my flight, will the PQP from premier accelerator qualify for FttF earning or will it only go towards general PQP earnings?

Anyone has any DP/info on this ?

If you search this thread for 'accelerator' you will find numerous posts asking same question and the answers given. I do not know that anyone has yet reported success with using premier accelerator to meet targets in this promotion.