FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2048948-3rd-promotion-year-chance-requalify-premier-status-reach-higher-level.html)

UA Insider Aug 6, 2021 10:03 am

3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level

Throughout 2021, United demonstrated that we are committed to being flexible with our MileagePlus program to do the right thing for our members. Since January, members have been engaging with MileagePlus promotions to stay on track towards requalifying for Premier status, reach a higher level of Premier status, or reach Premier status for the first time – even when they weren’t flying.

At the beginning of 2021, we automatically gave all Premier members 25% of the PQP-only requirement needed to requalify for Premier status and offered double PQP on the first three PQP-eligible trips through March. With our Pick Your Path promotion, Premier members had the option of choosing Easy PQP, a PQP deposit equal to 10% of the PQP-only requirement with no strings attached, or our Welcome Back Bonus offer where we gave PQP bonuses equaling 25% of the PQP-only requirement with 3 PQP-eligible trips.

Effective August 6th until November 30, 2021, all MileagePlus members are eligible for one of two promotions:
  • Our Fly to the Finish challenge helps Premiers that haven’t yet requalified maintain their level of Premier status through January 31, 2023 by meeting even lower PQF and PQP requirements from now through November 30.
  • Our Breakout Bonus offer helps Premiers who have already requalified and members without status another opportunity to earn PQP bonuses for up to 3 trips taken before November 30th – one of them can even be an award trip!
And all members who are also cardmembers can get credit towards Premier status when they’re not flying by earning up to 2 PQF through November 30 with spend on their Chase United MileagePlus credit card.

For full details, visit www.united.com/flytothefinish

Kmxu Aug 6, 2021 10:15 am

Impressive! Even trips booked earlier qualify for the promotion. But I do not need it due to lifetime 1K status.

Edit: My colleague also received a challenge: 10 PQFs and 2700 PQP or 3000 PQP before the end of November. He is a 1K.

Ord Liza Aug 6, 2021 10:27 am

I'm confused. I have silver status through Marriott Titanium. I haven't quite met the requirements to earn silver independent of Marriott (which I wouldn't need to if I was content with silver). My goal is to get Gold. Which of the two categories applies?

Kmxu Aug 6, 2021 10:30 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 33469486)

United is doing a triple play: 1) 3rd promotion, 2) challenge for existing premiers and 3) small bonus for OPM travelers discussed in this thread. 🤙🤙🤙

oopl Aug 6, 2021 10:32 am

Originally Posted by MDBechara (Post 33469343)
Looks like it's tied to a new promo launching from United here: https://promo.united.com/offers/flytothefinish

Key text when checking eligibility for the "Fly to the Finish" offer is here:

Interesting to see this new promo has a standard and personalized offer.

oopl Aug 6, 2021 10:35 am

Does the Breakout Bonus also apply to the Fly to the Finish challenge?
Oh it appears to be one or the other.

cricketer Aug 6, 2021 10:35 am

I'm confused as well. Why do members who have already qualified need a PQP bonus?

I'm a 1K, but currently have not yet hit the PQP threshold for re-qualification for 1K but I am lifetime Plat and have crossed the Plat threshold. Which promotion applies to me?

TomMM Aug 6, 2021 10:37 am

I see this in the T&Cs. What does this mean?

"An award Trip must be redeemed and flown within the Promotion Period to qualify. An award Trip must be redeemed using the eligible member’s miles and flown by the same eligible member to earn Bonus PQP for this offer. A maximum of one award Trip is eligible for PQP bonus for this offer."

UA Insider Aug 6, 2021 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Kmxu (Post 33469441)
Impressive! Even trips booked earlier qualify for the promotion. But I do not need it due to lifetime 1K status.

Edit: My colleague also received a challenge: 10 PQFs and 2700 PQP or 3000 PQP before the end of November. He is a 1K.

Thanks! We’re appreciative to have you as a lifetime 1K 😊

Originally Posted by Ord Liza (Post 33469488)
I'm confused. I have silver status through Marriott Titanium. I haven't quite met the requirements to earn silver independent of Marriott (which I wouldn't need to if I was content with silver). My goal is to get Gold. Which of the two categories applies?

If you already have guaranteed Silver status through 2022, you’ll be eligible for Breakout Bonus and can use the bonus PQP to get to a higher tier of Premier status. If you don’t have Silver status through the 2022 program year yet and you’re currently a Silver, you’ll be eligible for our Fly to the Finish challenge. If you’re not sure, you can check your email or go to www.united.com/flytothefinish to check your eligibility.

PTahCha Aug 6, 2021 10:41 am

Is the 2 bonus PQF maximum per MP account, or per credit card? (I.e., can I earn more than 2 bonus PQF if I have multiple Chase UA cards?)

Originally Posted by oopl (Post 33469506)
Does the Breakout Bonus also apply to the Fly to the Finish challenge?

Based on my read, it's one or the other. The Fly to the Finish is essentially a challenge to fast track status requalification. People who are eligible for Fly to the Finish are not eligible for Breakout Bonus since they have not requalified for the current status.

*UNLESS* if the gap for requalification is within the first bonus PQP of the Breakout Bonus, then the Breakout Bonus promotion applies.

Repooc17 Aug 6, 2021 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Doppy (Post 33469466)
Curious what people who already requalified for 1K are getting as offers

I'm flying tomorrow on an H fare as a 1K using PPs and I'm #12 on the upgrade list. I wish I could find those $100 free upgrade routes.

I can check what my offer is.

K fare roundtrip in September between NYC and LAX - $212 all-in. Open PZ spaces.

bjdj94 Aug 6, 2021 10:41 am

Right now, I'm 1 PQF and ~500 PQP short of requalifying for Silver, yet my "personalized challenge" is 4 PQF and 600 PQP or 700 PQP. How does that make any sense?

spartacusmcfly Aug 6, 2021 10:42 am

Originally Posted by cricketer (Post 33469508)
I'm confused as well. Why do members who have already qualified need a PQP bonus?

For more PlusPoints and progress towards GS

Originally Posted by cricketer (Post 33469508)
I'm a 1K, but currently have not yet hit the PQP threshold for re-qualification for 1K but I am lifetime Plat and have crossed the Plat threshold. Which promotion applies to me?

You'll be treated, as someone who has not yet met the requirements of your current status, and will offered the Fly-To-The-Finish promotion -- which seems to be $3K in PQP or $2700 PQP + 10 PQF

HNLbasedFlyer Aug 6, 2021 10:42 am

Originally Posted by TomMM (Post 33469514)
I see this in the T&Cs. What does this mean?

"An award Trip must be redeemed and flown within the Promotion Period to qualify. An award Trip must be redeemed using the eligible member’s miles and flown by the same eligible member to earn Bonus PQP for this offer. A maximum of one award Trip is eligible for PQP bonus for this offer."

It is straightforward - if you are going to get bonus PQP via an award flight it must be miles from your account - and you must fly the route (as opposed to a friend/family member)

Kacee Aug 6, 2021 10:45 am

Originally Posted by bjdj94 (Post 33469532)
Right now, I'm 1 PQF and ~500 PQP short of requalifying for Silver, yet my "targeted offer" is 4 PQF and 600 PQP or 700 PQP. How does that make any sense?

Similar for me - I currently need 2276 PQP to requalify and the 1K promo offer requires either 2700 or 3000. So I'll requalify organically before I hit the promo thresholds.

No sense at all.

Not that I really care.