FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2048948-3rd-promotion-year-chance-requalify-premier-status-reach-higher-level.html)

Kacee Nov 12, 2021 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 33723816)
Eh. I flew almost 100,000 BIS this year on UA without cracking 3,000 PQP (before bonus).

That's epic. I have just over 25k BIS and I'm over $15k.

Repooc17 Nov 12, 2021 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 33723873)
That's epic. I have just over 25k BIS and I'm over $15k.

The bulk flown in the 1H of the year, when (coach) fares were much cheaper.

ACK1 Nov 12, 2021 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 33723923)
The bulk flown in the 1H of the year, when (coach) fares were much cheaper.

Yeah I remember when i could go LAX to NYC for $120 hahah

Fighta Nov 12, 2021 5:34 pm

Will tickets purchased from OTA's like AMEX Travel and Chase Travel portal count towards the FttF Promo?

I've tried searching the thread, but couldn't find anything on it.

rankourabu Nov 12, 2021 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 33723752)
Apparently there is no way that we're aware of to go to a graphic or number tracker to see how we're doing against the 3000 PQP goal.
Are you saying you completed your own PQP FTTF promo with a bulk fare and see your 2022-2023 status updated?

ok I checked the app for the mobile card and it still says exp 1/2022. But its only been 2 days since requalification,so I ll start worrying in a couple days.
Did people get a new set of PlusPoints deposited as soon as they requalified via the promo?

gatorman1 Nov 12, 2021 6:30 pm

for the fly to finish promotion…

If I buy a round trip ticket for $500 flying on Nov 30th and returning Dec 10.
will I get the fully credit of 2 segments and $500 pqp?
or do I only get credited for half ..the portion on Nov 30th…

Thanks guys

WineCountryUA Nov 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Fighta (Post 33724329)
Will tickets purchased from OTA's like AMEX Travel and Chase Travel portal count towards the FttF Promo? .....

Should not be a problem -- UA-operated flights if credited to UA.
Avoid BULK tickets as they may be problematic.
Additionally if not ticketed on UA ticket stock by the OTA, such as when other airlines are involved, the determination the UA PQPs can be difficult. If an all UA operated itin, then no problem.

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 33724389)
ok I checked the app for the mobile card and it still says exp 1/2022. But its only been 2 days since requalification,so I ll start worrying in a couple days.
Did people get a new set of PlusPoints deposited as soon as they requalified via the promo?

Generally within 1-4 days.

Originally Posted by gatorman1 (Post 33724410)
for the fly to finish promotion…
If I buy a round trip ticket for $500 flying on Nov 30th and returning Dec 10.
will I get the fully credit of 2 segments and $500 pqp?
or do I only get credited for half ..the portion on Nov 30th…

Only the PQPs for the segments within the promo period, not for segments after the promo period. You will have to check UA to see how the PQPs are allocated between the qualifying outboard and the ineligible return

FreFly Nov 12, 2021 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 33724389)

I am in the same situation: should have requalified on a bulk fare, but my card still has 1/2022 expiration date. I re-read the rules, and it seems that any PQP earned on United should count, as opposed to some previous challenges that explicitly counted only fare-based PQP.
Is it correct that if United does count the bulk fare PQP and I do not meet FttF requirements, I still get 1500 (1000 + 250 + 250) additional PQP for three trips I took during the promotional period? If so, this will take me over 15K PQP I need to requalify for 1K?

rankourabu Nov 12, 2021 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by FreFly (Post 33724540)
Is it correct that if United does count the bulk fare PQP and I do not meet FttF requirements, I still get 1500 (1000 + 250 + 250) additional PQP for three trips I took during the promotional period? If so, this will take me over 15K PQP I need to requalify for 1K?

If they dont count for FttF why would they count for the other promo? But is it correct, noone knows, and this would be a new low for United. Did you get PlusPoints?

WineCountryUA Nov 12, 2021 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by FreFly (Post 33724540)
... Is it correct that if United does count the bulk fare PQP and I do not meet FttF requirements, I still get 1500 (1000 + 250 + 250) additional PQP for three trips I took during the promotional period? If so, this will take me over 15K PQP I need to requalify for 1K?

If you fail to qualify for Fly to the Finish you will receive BreakOutBonus for up to 3 trips with 1 UA segment flown in the promo period.

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 33724547)
If they dont count for FttF why would they count for the other promo? ...

Becuase the conditions for the BreakOutBonus is just having a UA segment (nothing about PQPs), in fact one of the BreakOutBonus trips can be an award trip.

rankourabu Nov 12, 2021 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33724565)
Becuase the conditions for the BreakOutBonus is just having a UA segment (nothing about PQPs), in factor one of the BreakOutBonus trips can be an award trip.

And the conditions for FttF do not day anything about PQPs having to be fare based, just United operated...

FreFly Nov 12, 2021 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33724565)
If you fail to qualify for Fly to the Finish you will review BreakOutBonus for up to 3 trips with 1 UA segment flown in the promo period.

Oh boy, this is very confusing. Breakout bonus offer says
Who’s eligible: MileagePlus® members without Premier® status and Premier members who have already requalified for the status they held on July 27, 2021, for the 2022 program year.
As someone who has status and have not requalified, I am not eligible. However, my Fly to the Finish offer says
If you're already close to meeting the annual requirements, or you don't end up meeting the goals of the Fly to the Finish challenge, there's still a great reason to fly. Until November 30, you can earn bonus PQP on the next three eligible trips you take on United or United Express®.
You'll earn 1,500 bonus PQP on your first trip, 375 on your second and 375 on your third through our Breakout Bonus offer.
The way I interpret this is that not meeting the Fly to the Finish goals makes me eligible for Breakout Bonus, and for the first three United trips I already took during the promotional period, I will get 1500 + 375 + 375 = 2250 PQP.
Is this correct?

SPN Lifer Nov 12, 2021 9:45 pm

Yes, assuming those PQP amounts correspond to the status you held on Tuesday, 27 July 2021.

FreFly Nov 12, 2021 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 33724571)
And the conditions for FttF do not day anything about PQPs having to be fare based, just United operated...

This seems to be the case. However, for the two of us, bulk fares do not seem to count, and there have not been any reports of bulk fares counting towards FttF. I guess United software that counts progress towards FttF does not count bulk fares. If this is the case, we'll have to find someone able and willing to manually fix our FttF numbers. I am not sure how to go about this.

WineCountryUA Nov 12, 2021 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 33724571)

There is a lot the T&Cs don't say (as many have commented on) that appear not to be qualifying, such as upgrade fees, for which the same argument can be made. The only analogue we have is the traditional challenge T&Cs which does exclude upgrade fees, Premier Accelerator, purchased PQPs, and appears BULK fares.

It could be UA will address some of these corner cases after the promo ends or maybe not. But neither of us knows how this will end.

My suggestion to others is to avoid these shortcut methods, it is not worth the gamble. This is a generous offer to equal, so keep it clean and simple.

Originally Posted by FreFly (Post 33724614)
The way I interpret this is that not meeting the Fly to the Finish goals makes me eligible for Breakout Bonus, and for the first three United trips I already took during the promotional period, I will get 1500 + 375 + 375 = 2250 PQP.
Is this correct?

That would be my understanding also.